SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : How Long do we have to fight?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Hurtdont

How Long do we have to fight?

I'm was thinking if our common enemy is as ruthless and unending as you and I believe he is, doesn't it make sense that we should more reserve and holy as we get closer to the grave?

I believe that the enemy last assault against us is to convince us to fight unnecessary wars instead of concentrating on making it in?

1 Peter 4:18-19
King James Version
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved......

2022/1/13 1:35Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: How Long do we have to fight?

We will have to be like Gideon's army. He went from 30K to 300 men. I think that is one aspect of the last days.

We will have to be "faithful" to the end of our lives, whatever that looks like for you and for me.

Hebrews 3:6 ... whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end

& Heb 3:14 For we have become partakers of Christ IF we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end.

Our common enemy is going to become MORE ruthless and bombarding in these end times, we need to draw nigh unto him in our prayer closet and in our Bible reading AND in our own private worship time with Him.

We can longer just wait until Sunday to worship the Lord. We must learn at home to enter into His presence!!

Stay strong in Him!
Lisa

2022/1/13 9:38Profile
Hurtdont

Re:

We talk a lot about a key to victory, a key to success, a key to being the greatest and so forth.

I only found one reference in scripture where Jesus actually gives away keys and that was when he gives Peter the ability to bind and loose.

Another way of putting that is Peter had been given the ability to open and close or perhaps even as Jesus would have it, he gives  Peter the wherewithal to yield and resist.

To be sure what he says to Peter he also says to us, we all have the power to yield and resist.

I realize that the key to my victory is not going to be how smart I am in dealing with the enemy, not how brilliant I become in deciphering what is right and wrong and whose right and wrong. No the key to my victory is how yielded I become in allowing God to possess all of me. Every time I resist him I am certain to fail but each time I yield I become stronger. So the reality is brothers and sisters we must seek a yielded life. 

The old hymn comes to mind:

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,

What a glory He sheds on our way!

While we do His good will, He abides with us still,

And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way

To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey

2022/1/14 3:09Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy