SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bible says that the Magog and Gog war is at the end of the millenium

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The bible says that the Magog and Gog war is at the end of the millenium

Rev 20
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

It is one of the things ignoring direct verses in prophecy so when you have 1 verse that says it happens at the end of revelation .
Why do people speculate about who are the nations in ezekial and other things.

Why cant people be comforted in the fact that the nations will be different during the time of the millennium

2022/1/12 12:40Profile
docs

Re: The bible says that the Magog and Gog war is at the end of the millenium

I believeve the nations will be different during the Millennium. I think overall they will like living in a world with no war on a renewed earth. I think they speculate because the abomination of desolation will trigger the final tribulation of this age in which the man of sin and forces and nations aligned with him will turn their satanic wrath on Israel and the church (Rev 12:17). An invasion of Israel by a cadre of nations at this time is predicted in Ezekiel and elsewhere. These forces are destroyed at Christ's second coming along with the man of sin (II Thess 2:8: Rev 19:17-21). So this could not occur at the end of the Millennium at which time the Antichrist will have long ago perished.

Jerusalem has always played a significant and pivotal role in the plan of redemption and God's government on the earth. It is God's holy hill of Zion, Jerusalem, where God has determined to set His King (Psalm 2:6). Satan knows it spells His doom when this occurs. Hence, the never ending spiritual and physical struggle over Jerusalem. Satan is a captive to his own evil nature and is unable to learn or be instructed. After his thousand year confinement, he will be loosed once again but will still be unable to act any other way except in accordance with his fallen and reprobate nature to which he is irrevocably bound. Upon his emergence after the thousand years, he will once again gather an assault against Jerusalem and the camp of the saints. The righteous king ruling from Jerusalem is his downfall and he knows it. Therefore, he will once again seek to dethrone God's King ruling over the earth from Jerusalem. He will test and tempt the nations once again with some joining even at this later stage. Yet, the time of tribulation Daniel and Jesus spoke of (Daniel 12:1; Matt 24:21) occurs before the Millennium and will involve many nations coming against Israel and Jerusalem also (Zechariah 14:2).

2022/1/13 12:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

In your view of the Millennium will there be “unsaved” people during this time? If so, who will they be?

2022/1/13 13:40Profile
docs

Re:

Another gotcha question. Covenient to use if one wants to avoid the real subject and throw in a little sabotage at the front. I would recommend addressing the OP's original scripture and thoughts.

2022/1/13 15:26Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

TMK read the passage as it answers your question

2022/1/13 15:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Dom- What passage? Not Revelation 20.

My question is whether there will be non-believers during the Millennium.

2022/1/13 17:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

David- not sure what you mean by a gotcha question.

The OP assumes a literal 1000 year Millennium with Jesus ruling in Jerusalem. That may in fact be what happens.

I certainly understand this is your viewpoint and likely most folks here. But that is not a universally held view among evangelicals by a long shot.

If this forum is only for discussing certain theological topics and also for discussing those topics only in certain ways, then Greg should list out the topics allowed and how they should be discussed.

2022/1/13 18:08Profile
docs

Re:

I didn't imply it should be discussed only in certain ways. But instead of addressing the OPs thoughts and questions, you asked one of the most controversial issues of the whole discussion thus avoiding what deltadom asked.

2022/1/13 18:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Ok I will bow out but before I go can you tell me the status of your surgery?

2022/1/13 19:53Profile
docs

Re:

Thank you TMK. I have low platelets and will begin taking a specialty medicine on Jan 26 for 5 days. If the medicine increases my platelets to an acceptable level, surgery will be on Feb 7. Any prayer you want to continue to offer up is appreciated.

Peace bro.

2022/1/13 20:02Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy