SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Biblical Errors about the marriage supper of the lamb& the only 2 references to it in the scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

TMK
-------------------------

Revelation is not equal to some dream that you have there is a difference between the canon of scripture and your pizza dreams

There was many books such as the gnostic books that were not put in the bible because the bible consists of people who were either friends of the apostles or the apostles who knew jesus that is where the bible is different from say the quran

There are books such as the gospel of peter that mention such things such as a 30 ft cross and angels when jesus was resserected. If you read the gnostic gospels they do understand the land of Israel and it is more just sayings by people who did not know Jesus.

There were books such as the shepard of hermas that was good Christian literature but not considered canon because the author did not know the apostles or Jesus personally or even things such as the didache

This is another topic
---------------

ccchhhrrriiisss

amazing story

2022/1/12 12:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Thanks for sharing the story, Chris. I am always moved when saints have little to live on but a big God to draw from.

Perhaps the tribulations that lie ahead will restore that kind of simple faith to us.

2022/1/12 13:46Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
John was trying to write down a vision he had, much of he could not understand and the imagery he had was very strange and perhaps undescribable, but he did his best. Much if not all of the book is directed to specific real churches of his day undergoing severe persecution. Parts of the book says things will happen “soon.”

You may disagree with me :), but saying, "he did he best," in my humble opinion takes away from the sovereignty of God and exactly what He wanted written. If that is true for John, than that is true for Paul and John and Luke (who wasn't even there). It seems like a slippery slope.

God bless,
Lisa

2022/1/12 13:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I am not saying John was not inspired to write what he wrote. Quite the opposite.

But language, even the Greek language, can only go so far. That’s why the style of apocalyptic writing includes so many symbols, vivid imagery, esoteric language, etc.

My point is that we need to consider this before trying to shoehorn current events into Revelation or portions of Daniel, or before we try to make literal certain imagery in the book, like the marriage supper of the lamb or horse shaped locusts with long hair, crowns and lions teeth.

2022/1/12 14:42Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

TMK maybe if you hadnt read the title :)
:)
the whole point was to show the scripture with the marriage supper of the lamb

All those images are in the bible I can show you the verses for all of those subjects

2022/1/12 15:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Not sure what you mean Dom. I’m not disputing that the imagery of the marriage supper is in Revelation and I agree that the imagery is set on earth. I liken it to Is. 25:6 et seq.

2022/1/12 19:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy