SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Deliverance From Prayerlessness by Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TrueWitness

Deliverance From Prayerlessness by Andrew Murray

There is probably no single sin which many of us ought to acknowledge with deeper shame than the sin of prayerlessness. Many look upon it merely as a weakness. There is so much talk about lack of time, and all sorts of distractions, that the deep guilt of prayerlessness is not recognized. What is it, then, that makes prayerlessness such a great sin?
A Reproach to God
Consider, first of all, what a reproach it is to God. Our holy and most glorious God invites us to come to Him, to ask from Him such things as we need, and to experience the great blessing of fellowship with Him. He has created us in His own image, and has redeemed us by His own Son, so that in converse with Him we might find our highest glory and salvation. What use do we make of this heavenly privilege? How many there are who take only five minutes for prayer! They say that they have no time, and that the heart desire for prayer is lacking. They have no joy in praying.
If a friend comes to visit them, they have time, they make time, even at the cost of sacrifice, for the sake of enjoying converse with him or her. Yes, they have time for everything that really interests them, but no time to spend in fellowship with God and to delight themselves in Him! They find time for someone who can be of service to them; but day after day, month after month passes, and there is no time to spend one hour with God.
Do not our hearts begin to acknowledge what a dishonor to God this is that we dare to say we cannot find time for fellowship with Him?

read more: https://www.heraldofhiscoming.org/index.php/read-the-herald/current-issue/435-past-issues/2022/jan-feb22/4561-deliverance-from-prayerlessness-01-22

2022/1/1 13:25Profile
Patrick291

Re: Deliverance From Prayerlessness by Andrew Murray

Hi,

I was encouraged by this, thank you for sharing! It reminded me of something that I had read from A.W. Tozer, in a book called The Pursuit of God. I've included the short snippet below,

With the veil removed by the rending of Jesus' flesh, with nothing on God's side to prevent us from entering, why do we tarry without? Why do we consent to abide all our days just outside the Holy of Holies and never enter at all to look upon God?
- Tozer

What a privilege we have to come boldly to the throne of grace, to come into the presence of the living God. Would we not neglect turning our hearts to Him!

2022/1/30 20:04Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Deliverance From Prayerlessness by Andrew Murray

there is no time to spend one hour with God.
Do not our hearts begin to acknowledge what a dishonor to God this is that we dare to say we cannot find time for fellowship with Him?

This is a good message. Andrew Murray is one of my favorites. It makes me think of the Garden of Gethsemane ..
Matthew 26:40
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?

May there be a revival of repentance and prayer and a revival of holiness..
In Him
sister
Frannie

2022/2/4 18:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy