SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Understanding Sickness And Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Understanding Sickness And Healing

If you are going to deal with sickness effectively it's important to know what it is. Sickness is not just physical, but it is spiritual at it's roots. That is very important as you will see. Every sickness is a manifestation of Adams sin and sin is a spiritual issue. In 1Corinthians 6:18 it says, "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body. In other words it's not the body doing it, it's the one in the body doing it. You are not your body, just by the fact that you can be separated from it let's you know that it is not you. So, that makes it spiritual at it's roots. So, to deal with it effectively you have to deal with it on the spiritual level.

Now that you know what sickness is, what is healing. Healing is a manifestation of the acts of Jesus. Notice, Isaiah 53:5 says, with his (Jesus) stripes we are healed. When he was being beaten as part of his sacrifice for us he purchased healing for us. After his sacrifice Peter looking back at the cross says, "By whose stripes ye were healed." But, notice the first part of the scripture, "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree" and in doing so he took away the sins of the world (John 1:29). In 1John 2:2 it says, "He(Jesus) is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the whole world." Remember, sickness is a physical manifestation of Adam's sin so if there was no sin there would be no sickness.

This is a God inspired example, if I held a flame under my hand what would come from that flame, heat. Now, as long as the flame is there the heat will be there, but if I take the flame away can the heat stay, no. Well, just like the flame and heat is connected so it sin and sickness. By doing something about sin you also do something about sickness. And remember Jesus bore our sins in his own body and in doing so he also bore our sicknesses in his own body that's why Isaiah 53:4 says, "Surely he hath borne(carry away) our griefs(diseases and sicknesses) and carried our sorrows(afflictions, pains). All of the sicknesses and diseases Adam's sin loosed on humanity was put on Jesus, he took them. Notice, what the scripture calls Jesus the last Adam so what the first Adam brought upon humanity the last Adam took away.

In 1John 2:2 when it says Jesus was the propitiation for our sins one of the meanings is atonement. And you see an example of that in the old testament in Number 16:41-50. When the people murmured(sinned) against Moses a plague broke out and people started dropping dead. And Moses told Aaron to make atonement for the people and when he made atonement for the people the plague stopped. Notice, when something was done about the sin something was done about the plague. That physical manifestation was the result of something spiritual. So, it was spiritual at the roots. When something was done at the root then the fruit of it had to go away. Atonement is a spiritual act, if you ever cut something off in the spirit then the physical fruit of it will cease. In Mark 11 when Jesus cursed that fig tree notice it says that it dried up from the roots.

So, when the scripture says, "By whose stripes ye were healed" it's because in the spirit Jesus has taken away sickness and disease because he took all of them upon himself and in doing so he left you free of them. Now, the thing to understand is that it is to be received not done by God. Like, when God told Abraham that He made him a father of many nations in Genesis 17:4,5, he was not that in this physical world so where did God make him a father of many nations in the spirit and Abraham had to receive that by faith. In the physical it says, his body was dead and his wife's womb was dead (Romans 4:19). So, it was based on what God had done in the spirit and not how he was physically. So, it's about what God has done through Jesus in the spirit and not about how you are physically.

It is not God's will that none should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

2021/12/27 1:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Understanding Sickness And Healing

Before people can have a steadfast faith for the healing of their body, they must be rid of all uncertainty concerning God's will in the matter. Appropriating faith cannot go beyond one's knowledge of the revealed will of God. Before attempting to exercise faith for healing, one needs to know what the Scriptures plainly teach, that it is just as much God's will to heal the body as it is to heal the soul.

F.F. Bosworth, Christ the Healer

2021/12/27 3:48Profile
Diosesfiel

Birmingham, UK

Re: Understanding Sickness And Healing

This is so good to read. It has blessed me greatly. Thanks be to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thank you.

2021/12/28 18:07Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you Diosesfiel for taking the time to read this article, I'm glad it blessed you! God Bless!

2021/12/29 2:51Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you AbideinHim for taking the time to read this article.

2021/12/29 2:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy