See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Battle of the mind by Edgar Reich

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Battle of the mind by Edgar Reich

When you think of the most evil person that ever lived in the World perhaps you might think of Adolf Hitler. He was responsible for the Holocaust where 11 Million died, 6 Million were Jews and 5 Million others, including some Christians who stood against Hitler. He was also responsible for the 2nd World war where 75 Million people died.

Perhaps you will say that the mass Murderer Charles Manson was the most evil. Or you might think of Stalin who is said to have killed more of his own people than Hitler did, is the most evil. Or you might think of the leaders of North Korea who declare themselves God's and who brutally murder and torture Christians.

However, there is one murderer without equal. There is one that seeks to destroy all of mankind. There is one rebellious against God seeking to destroy the people God has made. There is one who supported Hitler, guided Hitler and indwelt Hitler. There is one who stood behind and indwelt Charles Manson. There is one who guided and used Stalin to kill many of his people. There is the one who leads the North Korean Leaders to stand against God and kill Christians.

He is the most evil person in the world. He has no equal in his murders, in his destruction, in his tortures, and in his manifold evils. This person is a living being and he lives now but we cannot see him with our eyes. If you think of the most evil horror movie ever made that is him.

God said about him that he was the seal of perfection full of wisdom and perfect in beauty when God made him as per Ezekiel 28. God had given him free will. A day came when He decided to rebel against God. Iniquity was found in him. He led a rebellion in heaven and one third of the angels followed him. He is filled with violence and evil within.

God said about him in Isaiah 14:12-15

“How you are fallen from heaven,O [d]Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,You who weakened the nations!13 For you have said in your heart:‘I will ascend into heaven,I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation,On the farthest sides of the north;14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.

This person I am talking about is Lucifer in the Bible. He is also called other names in the Bible including Satan, devil, or beelzebub. God says He will destroy Satan, the devil eventually and totally, forever and ever., Praise God, we learned this from Revelation 20:10

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

After Satan rebelled against God His No. 1 strategy is to hurt and to destroy God's creation. That is you and me. Jesus spoke to religous leaders and said this in:

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Jesus spoke of Satan in John 10:10

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Satan, the devil in the Garden of Eden started to try to destroy mankind. He came to Eve and Adam and asked the question: Has God indeed said? Then Satan lied outright. Then the Devil, the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die". It is one of the greatest lies ever spoken. He told them a better life is possible if you do what I say. He tempted Adam and Eve to bring a curse upon themselves, upon mankind and upon nature. Satan is trying to destroy us all through sin. God in His mercy made a way out of this dilemma by sending His own Son to die on a cross, and to shed His blood to cover our sins so that those who would follow and believe in God's Son Jesus would attain eternal life and heaven.

God is allowing the devil, Satan yet more time on this earth for a while. This affects each and every one of us. No Satan is not powerless. Satan is powerful and tempts many people to act in this World against mankind, such as Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong Un of North Korea and others. Satan will tempt the leaders of this world in the future when 200 Million Soldiers will eventually attack Israel and Jerusalem. Satan will deceive the nations again after a 1000 years and deceive Billions of people to attack the Lord Jesus in Jerusalem and the saints. God will rain fire from heaven and destroy them all.

Now Satan looks at every Christian in this world wanting to kill and destroy every Christian, that includes you and me and to take away our testimony. So we must not underestimate Satan but also we must not over estimate Him for Jesus Christ in us is greater than he the devil which is in the world. As per 1 Cor. 15:57 it says in the Bible: But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. So if Jesus is with you and me in the ring where the battle is taking place, then it does not matter who is in the opposite corner even the devil himself.

There are problems when battling an enemy we cannot see. We do not know when the attacks occur and how Satan does this with us. We cannot see him nor understand how he is fighting us. This is a huge problem for all of us. I was 2 years in psychological Christian Counseling and I cannot remember one help concerning the wickedness of our own heart and the wickedness of Satan. No one taught me which devices the devil uses to destroy us.

Now things start with our old nature, with our old heart which is deceitful and desperately wicked. “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? Jer. 17:9.

So part of me actually supports the devil in this fight.

Satan attacks us first through our minds. Our mind is the initial battle ground.

So when emotions come from our old heart and mind then the world and the devil come and add to those emotions.

Because we are in uncertain times and difficult conditions, current emotions include:

1.) Irritations.2.) Resentments 3.) Anger 4.) Unforgiveness against those who use us 5.) Hate 6.) Perhaps we feel not valued 7.) Perhaps we feel abandoned even by God 8.) Perhaps we feel not loved. 9.) Perhaps our stress level is reaching unbearable levels and is at capacity.10.) We fear.

Unhappiness follows. The joy is gone. Dejection and sorrow, and gloom come. You may start to feel great sorrow for yourself. Then Depression starts to take over. Inactivity follows with stagnation and then paralysis. There seems to be no hope. All turns into black and darkness. Such are the devices of Satan which also started in our own flesh.

Satan steps in and supports and exaggerates such feelings to destroy us. Most Christians avoid questions about the unseen World and resisting Satan. We are not taught to much about it. We don't know what to do about it and no one seems to guide us. Yes we are told we must not exclude Faith and Trust in God. I hear this but how do I overcome? I pray and pray and pray and nothing seems to help me.

Let us refer to some of Satan's deceptions:

1.) Some people deny Satan exists because they cannot see him. This is a great lie from Satan.

2.) Some people say Satan exists but he won't hurt people. My daughter Jen says after her life is done, it's ok to go on the highway to hell and party with her friends. ( I weep and pray for her. Many young people say this. ) Here are the words from the songwriter:

Highway to hell:

Livin' easy Lovin' free
Season ticket on a one way ride Askin' nothin'
Leave me be Takin' everythin' in my stride
Don't need reason Don't need rhyme
Ain't nothin' that I'd rather do Goin' down
Party time My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell On the highway to hell
Highway to hell I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs Speed limit Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel Gonna spin it Nobody's gonna mess me around, Hey satan Payin' my dues Playin' in a rockin' band
Hey mumma Look at me I'm on the way to the promised land

I'm on the highway to hell Highway to hell
I'm on the highway to hell Highway to hell
Don't stop me I'm on the highway to hell And I'm goin' down
All the way I'm on the highway to hell

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Angus Mckinnon Young / Malcolm Mitchell Young / Ronald Belford Scott
Highway To Hell lyrics © J. Albert And Son Pty Ltd.

3.) Some Christians say: I don't want to spend time to understand what the devil is doing. I concentrate on Christ. I cannot be affected. That is a lie from Satan and you believe a lie; Please do not believe a lie from Satan. Here is proof:

The Apostle Peter's thinking was affected by a lie from Satan. Jesus was telling his followers, His disciples: I will have to go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and lawyers, and be killed, and be raised the third day. Then Peter took Him aside and began to chide Him, saying: Don't talk like that Lord. “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You". Satan told Peter to say this to Jesus. The response from Jesus is in Matthew 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.

Now if the Apostle Peter, a born again Christian, could be affected in his thoughts by Satan, do you think it possible that we could be affected in our thoughts? Yes we are. The proof is your fears.

Please note how Jesus resisted Satan. He did it how? Through the spoken word. Jesus said with His mouth: Get behind me Satan. When Jesus was tempted he responded with scripture and audibly to the devil. When he spoke to the demons in the demoniac Jesus spoke audibly.

Here is another example. King David 's mind was affected by Satan: 1 Chron. 21:1 There it says: "Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel." In other words David had lost some faith and did not trust God the way he should have. God sent a plague and killed 70 000 men. You see King David's mind was affected. Is it possible that Your and my mind can be affected by the devil? Yes it can.

Example: In fact yesterday morning early I had a dream of a beautiful women wanting to be with me and she told me so in front of two witnesses. I woke up and started to feel sorry for myself because it was a dream. Then I rejected the thought but it would not go away. I tried again and the thought was stuck. Then I realized that the devil was doing this as the thought hung on like molasses. I started to resist Satan after submitting to God. I told Satan that my life was fully surrendered to Jesus. I was a child of God and would not have another human relationship by way of marriage as it would be sin for me. I said audibly: I resist you devil in Jesus Name. You must leave in Jesus Name. However, he hung on.

I had learned a strategy of switching the channel of my mind: So I did what I had learned that it is possible to switch the channel of my mind . Like switching a TV station I can go to another station. Sister Christine mentioned last time she does that. She thinks of whatsoever is lovely.

Phil. 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

So I changed the channel of my mind to 220 children that live on top of a great garbage hill in Nairobi Kenya, called Kariobangi and the Lord provides for them all. Not a single one of them nor 150 parents living in a shanty town on top of the garbage have gotten Covid.

The three greatest threats that seem to affect us and our lives currently.
1.) There is a threat to our lives because of Covid 19 and we experience fear.
2.) There is a threat to our income and welfare and we experience fear.
3.) There is a threat to our comfortable life style with changes and restrictions we do not like and persecution, and we experience fear.

Let us consider each of these before God:

1.) The Threat to our lives comes because of Covid 19 and many including Christians experience fear. The Devil affects our thinking with the threat to our lives. He stirs it up to make us afraid. We end up in a house of Fear and not a House of Faith.

When I think back of my own life and what God has done I believe many occurrences in my life were because of Satan's actions trying to kill and destroy. Satan hates me. Yet God has stepped in and saved my life many times:
I should have died when Bombs were thrown at me in 1945, I should have died when Machine guns were fired at me, I should have died when I was outside in ice and snow for over 1 month with temperatures at times at minus 20 Celsius, I and my sister and Mother should have frozen to death, I did not die when the bridge we just crossed was blown up full of refugees, I did not die in the inferno and fire storms of Dresden, I did not die when 55 Railway cars out of a 56 car Train were blown up, we were in the one car left alive, I did not die of sickness and malnutrition when needing a blood transfusion, God gave me blood from an American soldier while I was dying and they did not match blood types, I did not die when I broke through the ice in a river and did not drown, I did not die when I flew of my bike into a large rock head first, I did not die when my car was lifted up by a hurricane near Markham about 8 feet into the air, and when the car came down gently it landed on the opposite lanes of Highway 7 , God had stopped the cars coming from the opposite direction towards me, I did not die when lightning hit the Airplane I was in flying to London, England, lightening struck exactly where I was sitting at my feet, I did not die when I got black skin cancer on my face, God made it fall off my face and I did not die, I did not die when a poisoned thorn went through my foot in Africa where even cattle die when stung by such thorns, I did not die being bitten by hundreds of Mosquitoes in Tanzania in Africa, I did not die when being told by a Doctor here in Canada that I had 2 days to live, and that I was full of poison from a growth which had eaten through my intestines, I did not die when the Cardiologist said my heart should have exploded in 2019 and wanted to immediately operate, I said I will pray and trust God and when 3 Elders prayed for me, the heart recovered through God's intervention, I did not die when I did a wedding in New Brunswick and got Covid -19 in Fredericton, N.B. I believe, God healed me again, I did not die when I testified to a Gang in Brooklyn New York and I did not die when I testified to a Drug Lord and his gang on an Island where guns and knives were certain. In each of these 20 times when I should have died, God held his hand over me and said it is not his time yet. I have need of him.
So can I still be affected by the evil one? I believe so. Yet the devil has to go to God and get permission.

Now may I ask you why do you fear death and let the devil get to you? The Lord Christ has won the Victory over death. Jesus won the victory over the devil. Jesus says don't fear death. You are set free from this bondage if you want to believe it. You see I would not be with you today if God had not kept me from dying. You have your own experiences and God has kept you from dying and you are alive because you have a purpose and a calling. Jesus will give you life more abundantly if you resist the devil and the terrible thoughts he has sent to you.

Hebrews 2:14-15
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

I gave you 20 examples when I should have died and did not. My life is in God's hands and your life is in God's hands.

Satan comes to affect your and my mind and to get us into depression and to give up on God. Satan comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy you and me. Jesus has come that we may have life, and that we may have it more abundantly. Not believing God is a great sin in Christian lives. A Brethren Brother came and wanted to discuss with me great sins and how much God hated Sodomy. I asked him do you know there is a sin which God hates even more than Sodomy? He was surprised. The Lord had me say to him what Jesus said in
Matthew 11:23-24 23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.” You see, the people in Capernaum did not believe Jesus and His miracles.
Likewise is your and my life beset by unbelief in God? We fear for our lives. God said: Don't do that. Don't fear for your life. Don't fear the devil. Don't fear People. Only fear me. So move from the House of Fear to the House of Faith.
The first step is to reject unbelief in God, repent and return to God.
b.) We are afraid because of the threat to our income and welfare. Our security is disappearing causing fear.

Now I say this only to encourage you. Please disregard the person I will mention. Only give glory to God. It is truth and to help you and me:

There is a man I know who gave all he had to the Lord and the poor. Yet the Lord is providing amply for him. He thought he would have to rent half of his apartment to be able to pay the rent. God sent him another pension. This man's old car was breaking down and the man prayed for 2 years. The Lord gave him a new car where God provided the funds over two years. The man was called to do something for the Lord that involved a great big expensive RV/Bus. The man prayed and God sent the money for the big Bus. The man is even able to support his Church, the Lord helps him to give part support to 220 children living on top of a great big garbage hill, he is able to help a Revival Ministry in the USA and God helps him to support 5 different missionaries. But, never look at that person. Only look at God who is providing and doing all these miracles.

Satan comes to affect your and my mind and to get us into depression and to tell us to give up on God. Satan comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy you and me. Jesus has come that we may have life, and that we may have it more abundantly.
Now not believing God is a great, great sin in our Christian lives.

May I ask, is your and my life beset by unbelief in God? We fear for our welfare, income and security. God said: Don't do that. Don't fear for these things nor your life . Don't fear the devil. Don't fear People. Only fear me.

God asks: What did I promise you in the Bible. I count each hair from your head.
Our first step is to reject unbelief in God, to repent and to return to God. You say why repent? In 2 Timothy 1:7 God said: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. So the fear comes from the devil. Fear takes foot in us because of unbelief, which God hates.

Jesus will give us life more abundantly if we resist the devil and the terrible thoughts he has sent to us. Please let us move from the House of Fear to the House of Faith.

c.) We are afraid and upset because our comfortable life style is affected and changing and because we face restrictions we do not like and that may included retention camps.

New rules limit us and the Government demands new rules which upset us. We become upset when Judges no longer follow God's laws and affect us. Pastors who want to follow the Bible are finding this out and Judges are turning against them and put them into Jail. A new world order is developing before our eyes and some Canadian Provinces have started to build retention camps. Jesus said we will be persecuted. This is developing before our eyes. The current developments and the New World Order and the great Reset prepare the World for human World Leadership and Antichrist. Our future will not be comfortable. A great economic collapse is on the horizon. People who refuse to convert to the new official ideology and Government requirements, and those who follow God and oppose the new sexual revolution will be segregated, not allowed to worship, stripped of their jobs, banned from attending schools, denied medical treatment, and otherwise will be persecuted. Did Jesus not say we will be persecuted?

Beloved, Satan comes to affect your and my mind and to get us into depression and to give up on God. Satan comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy you and me. Jesus has come that we may have life, and that we may have it more abundantly.

Now not believing God is a great sin in Christian lives.
I told you about the Brethren Brother who came and wanted to discuss with me great sins and how much God hated Sodomy. I asked him do you know there is a sin which God hates even more than Sodomy? He was surprised. The Lord had me say to him what Jesus said in

Matthew 11:23-24 23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”
You see, the people in Capernaum did not believe Jesus and His miracles. It was unbelief.

Our next steps are to reject unbelief in God, to repent , to return to God and to resist the devil. Jesus will give us life more abundantly if we do God's will and resist the devil and the terrible thoughts he has sent us.
In summary the three things we fear are:

1.) The Threat to our lives.
2.) The threat to our income and welfare.
3.) The threat to our comfortable life style with changes and restrictions and persecution.

God said: Don't do that. Don't fear for your life. Don't fear for your welfare or income, don't fear the devil. Don't fear People. Only fear me. So let us repent and move together from the House of Fear to the House of Faith. You answer perhaps, yes, I want to do that.

Let us start by rejecting unbelief in God, by repenting, by asking for forgiveness in not believing. Then we return to God and resist the devil. James 4:7-87 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

If you are not yet a Christian please ask the Son of God to forgive your sins and ask Jesus to save you. For Christians we do what the Word of God says:

1.) As per James 4:8 Draw near to God; Pray to the Lord, submit, repent of unbelief, ask for clean hands and a pure heart and ask Jesus for help. 2.) Then let us say to the Devil audibly: I am a child of God, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, I am saved through Jesus and my life belongs to him. I will no longer accept your fears concerning death, welfare and income and a comfortable life style. 3.) As per James 4:7 Say audibly with me: I resist you devil, I will no longer believe your lies. You must go away from me and flee, in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Now the thoughts of Satan may stick to us like molasses. Remember it is a battle in the mind. Jesus gave us more help including prayer, fasting and the armor of God. We will cover more help in Part 2 of the Battle of the Mind.

Please remember Satan comes to kill steal and destroy you and me, but if you believe in God and do what His Word says, then Jesus comes to give us life more abundantly even if persecuted.

2021/10/24 17:15Profile
leyoung

Re: The Battle of the mind by Edgar Reich

Wow!!!
Lord Jesus, thank you for Brothers Edgar’s life and testimony to us all.
Sister Leslie

2021/10/28 15:14Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy