SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer against the vaccine passports worldwide and in the church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Prayer against the vaccine passports worldwide and in the church

James 2
New King James Version
Beware of Personal Favoritism

2 My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. 2 For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in [a]fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in [b]filthy clothes, 3 and you [c]pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” 4 have you not [d]shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?

8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; 9 but if you [e]show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus

Are medical status should not determine whether we can go to church or do daily things

2021/10/11 16:08Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re: Prayer against the vaccine passports worldwide and in the church

Brother,

The same thing is happening here in Australia!

Walk away from such churches and do not look back unless there is repentance! The tares are being shown up from the wheat before our eyes!

2021/10/12 0:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Good scriptures shared brother. we must accept believers who have been vaccinated and those who have not.

Personally I exhorted brothers many times to not get the vaccine. In the end Christians should not run to every whim of society but allow God Himself to guide us.

2021/10/12 8:12Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I am quite concerned about SI because I see that vaccination and Covid measures can easily divide Christians. Many talk much about politics and little about the matters of God's kingdom. I experienced it myself when I asked the our congregation to abide by government rules. I got under a lot of fire for it, but later they apologized. We kept praying for our government and for the reopening of churches. The same night we prayed that prayer, the government re-allowed church services.

This division is more dangereous than Covid itself, because it causes harm to the body of Christ, which is the dearest thing to God before anything else that he created. Covid is a God ordained time which will pass. If you want, you can come out strengthened in the inner man or backslide as an activist.

If a brother or sister is conscience-bound not to take the vax, let him do so, but he must not try to bind the other brothers consciences and condemn them.

Likewise the vaccinated brother, like myself, must not pressurize the unvaccinated brother against his conscience. Just note this, if you are not vaccinated make sure you do everything you can to protect other people and not pass on the virus should you get it.
I read somewhere that Christians during the great plagues of the middle ages cared for the dying and when they themselves were infected they dug their own graves and refrained for asking for help lest they endanger others.

I see many Christians are more concerned about their personal rights and freedom than about real ethical issues that binds their concience. Is my personal freedom dearer to me than freedom from sin and unrighteousness?

Apostle Paul chose to be captured and tried by ungodly rulers though he had a clear concience before God. He knew his trial would likely be unfair. He laboured in Christ as a prisoner many times more than his free co-apostles.

Why are we getting so upset about overbearing governments? Our democratic governments are still a lot more just and fair than those in other countries and past centuries.
Did Paul ever complain about the vicious cesars and state ordained idol worship? Don't we know governments are fallen entities and under Satan's rule yet subjected to our sovereign God?

God can bless us under bad governance, because it increases or hope in the coming eternal kingdom. God can bless us under good governance, because we can give thanks and praise him for freedom and peace to enjoy.

Do you pray for Biden and Harris and the ruling democrats and other rulers, education officals, police, health care workers? The bible tells us so and we are not at liberty to opt out. When I hear a preacher openly criticizing the government I know for sure he will not minister in the spirit the next moment. A truly praying Christian does a hundred times more good then the most zealous campaigners for just causes.
It is ok to abhor their politics but do pray for them. God can kill arrogant rulers just as he killed Herod in an instant.

Let us thank God in all, for protection and provision, let us be patient and full of charity and love for all people of God.

2021/10/12 15:20Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy