SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Rapture: An American Prosperity Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Staff where does scripture say there will be a seven year great tribulation? It’s a questionable construct at best. By the way that was a rhetorical question. I know what scriptures are twisted to come up with it.

BTW if you want to believe in a literal 7 year great tribulation that you will escape I’m perfectly fine with it. If true I’ll expect to escape right along with you and if that happens I’ll shake your hand for being right.

2021/8/28 18:53Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMK,
I dont think this is a post to talk about a non literal great tribulation as the post is about a post trib view and a pre trib view which both believe in a literal tribulation.

The Tribulation is not 7 years its 3 1/2 yrs.The literal 7 year period is described in detail in Revelation with the witnesses for the first half telling everyone to repent and the Anti Christ taking over for the 2nd half .

However no matter what view you have you will be able to tell when Jesus is coming.
Jesus says "immediately after" unless thats not literal either .So for anyone of any view to say we will not know when the Lord is coming is not correct,

The sun darkened
No light from the moon
stars fall
powers of heaven shaken
sign of the son of man will appear in heaven
everyone mourns
And the Son of Mna comes from heaven in glory

So as soon as I see the sun darkened I will know the Son of Man is coming.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’ 30At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

So for anyone of any view to say we will not know when the Lord is coming is not correct or it is equally incorrect to reject a view because you will be able to tell when the Lord is coming .
For the record this coming is the 2nd coming in my opinion not the rapture but it doesnt matter we all will know if we are around when Christ is coming

The Pretrib view will know because they are not children of darkness and they will know when he is coming.
The Post view will know by counting 7 years and/or by the darkening of the sun
The Mid will know by counting the first 3 1/2 years
The No view believers will know by the Sun darkening after The Tribulation Christ talked about unless they think Christ was talking garbage.
Again this isnt about escapism as many pre tribbers have martyred over the years as other views .Trials tribulations ,persecutions are a different doctrine than the period of time called the great tribulation

urs staff

2021/8/28 19:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy