Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Afghanistan Tragedy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Afghanistan Tragedy

From “Give Him Fifteen” by Dutch Sheets

The Afghanistan Tragedy

(Because of the severity of the content, this post will be a little longer than most.)

The Tragic Consequences

“Images coming out of Afghanistan on Monday morning showed large numbers of people running in front of US military cargo planes that were taking off, forcing the military to use helicopters to clear people off the tarmac so the planes could take off.

“Other disturbing images showed objects falling from the cargo planes once they were hundreds, if not a couple of thousand feet, above the ground after takeoff. Various news reports, including Newsweek, the Daily Mail, and Hareetz reported that the objects falling from the planes were people, clinging to the planes, trying to escape.”(1)

Having watched some of this I can only say it was gut-wrenching. The people of Afghanistan know what is coming. It will be pleasant for no one, except the men in the Taliban, but for some, it will be worse than unpleasant. There will be rapes, beheadings, torture, forced marriages of young girls, and more. One report claims the Taliban is going door to door in conquered territories, forcing girls as young as 12 years of age to enter into “marriages” with Taliban soldiers. In other words, sex slavery.

CNN, not known for criticizing their own, reports that many who worked with our troops as interpreters and in other non-fighting positions are now in great peril. Our government stated that it would not abandon them but this is now happening. One man they referred to as Haji, said, “‘If [the Taliban] find me, they will kill me and they will kill my family because I was an interpreter with the U.S. Marines.’

“The danger Haji and his family face grows every day as the Taliban claims more territory across the country, yet his repeated efforts to reach safety through a U.S. visa program for interpreters keep hitting a brick wall, despite support from a half dozen U.S. Marines.

“Haji was what you might call a ‘combat interpreter.’ Stationed in Helmand province - the heart of the insurgency - he lived and patrolled with the Marines and Army, translating as they searched vehicles, talked to locals, and interviewed suspected Taliban members.

“He has been paying for his loyalty to the U.S. ever since. He and his family have been in hiding for five years, scared for their lives - his fear of retribution compounded with news of every province that falls into Taliban hands.

“The insurgents are known to murder Afghans who help coalition forces, and, like Haji thousands of interpreters have become targets for the militant group.”(2)

“In a statement issued in June, the Taliban said it would not harm those who worked alongside foreign forces. But this summer, one former interpreter for the U.S. Army was reportedly beheaded by the Taliban.”(3) Many more will now die; some tortured.

The Epoch Times states that “Many Afghans fear the Taliban will return to past harsh practices with their imposition of sharia. During [the Taliban’s]1996-2001 rule, women could not work and punishments such as public stonings, whippings, and hangings were administered. Both the United Nations and the United States said last week they had received reports that Taliban fighters were executing surrendering government soldiers.”(4)

Beyond the benefit of now controlling an entire Nation, from which they can wage their Jihad on the rest of the world, the Taliban was left billions of dollars worth of military equipment and weaponry by our rapid, poorly planned withdrawal. This weaponry will now be used on us. For the global jihadist movement, the Taliban victory will be incredibly significant. The humiliation it has caused America will motivate thousands of foreign fighters to pour into Afghanistan to join the “holy warriors.” Even liberal CNN acknowledges: “When the 20th anniversary is memorialized at the World Trade Center and elsewhere in the U.S., the Taliban will surely be celebrating their great victory in Afghanistan. For the global jihadist movement, the victory of the Taliban will be as significant as ISIS victories were in Iraq and Syria. Just as they did after those ISIS victories, many thousands of foreign fighters are likely to pour into Afghanistan to join the victorious ‘Holy Warriors’ and receive military training.”(5)

General David Petraeus, former commander of the U.S. forces in Afghanistan, made the following statements in describing the situation: “Catastrophic...for the United States and the world...an enormous national security setback...tragic, regrettable...going to be a complete meltdown of a country...it is a blow to our credibility around the world.”(6)

President Trump said, “After I took out ISIS, I established a credible deterrent. That deterrent is now gone. The Taliban no longer has fear or respect for America or America’s power. What a disgrace it will be when the Taliban raises their flag over America’s Embassy in Kabul. This is a complete failure through weakness, incompetence, and total strategic incoherence.”(7)

And then there is the persecution coming to our brothers and sisters there. The Taliban hates Christians with a savage, demonized hatred. Many believers will now be murdered, raped, and tortured. One quote I saw spoke of Christians there telling friends in other parts of the world they would no doubt be seeing Jesus face-to-face within a couple of weeks. Another said the Taliban has told Christians there, “We know who you are and we are coming for you.” We must pray for them during this very tragic time.

Biden’s Role

While this has been unfolding, Biden has been hiding in a basement - or rather, a suite at Camp David - just as he did during the campaign. Former Trump and Obama White House physician Ronnie Jackson, now a congressman from Texas, said, “‘OUTRAGEOUS! Biden needs to address the nation TONIGHT.” (Though he finally did so yesterday, completely exonerating himself, he waited a week.) Jackson went on to say, “If he’s not mentally capable of handling this crisis, he needs to resign IMMEDIATELY. America deserves better than this - OUR VETERANS DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS! Come out of hiding at Camp David and do your damn job!”

“Jackson’s remarks come after the Taliban moved with lightning speed through Afghanistan, recapturing provinces and cities that they lost 10 years ago when the U.S came in to hunt down those responsible for 9/11. The Taliban seized Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital city, on Sunday and did so while many Taliban extremists took U.S. weapons that had been given to the Afghan military to fight the Taliban.

“Where are the people in our academic medicine that were out there calling for President Trump to have a cognitive test? Where are these people?” Jackson wondered.(8)

Even Democrats are criticizing the Biden administration for how it has handled this debacle. “As a Gold Star son of the Vietnam War listening to the White House briefing on the Afghanistan War withdrawal, my heart particularly aches for the thousands of Gold Star families of an eerily similar and painful episode forty-six years later,” wrote Rep.Dean Phillips (D-Minn), referring to the fall of Saigon that capped the end of the Vietnam War.

“Added another Democrat, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas): ‘There’s no way to hide it. The situation in Afghanistan is another shame on this administration. The withdrawal was never going to be easy but it didn’t need to come to this,’ He wrote. “The U.S. must do everything in its power to help our partners and allies to safety and protect our national security.’”(9)

Biden and his administration, of course, blame Trump and the Afghanis for what is happening, saying Trump made agreements with the Taliban that he had to honor and that the Afghans have no will to fight. Trump’s agreement, however, was conditional, conditions the Taliban did not meet. Biden announced an “unconditional” pullout letting the Taliban know they could do whatever they want. All they had to do was wait a few weeks, which they did.

And as far as the Afghan military being unwilling to fight, the Daily Wire explains what really took place:

“The Afghan military collapsed because they relied heavily on U.S. air support, and it could not function after Biden pulled U.S. support.” They reference ,the Wall Street Journal as saying:

“The Afghan army fighting alongside American troops was molded to match the way the Americans operate. The U.S. military, the world’s most advanced, relies heavily on combining ground operations with airpower, using aircraft to resupply outposts, strike targets, ferry the wounded, and collect reconnaissance and intelligence.

“In the wake of President Biden’s withdrawal decision, the U.S. pulled its air support, intelligence, and contractors servicing Afghanistan’s planes and helicopters. That meant the Afghan military simply couldn’t operate anymore. ‘The same happened with another failed American effort, the South Vietnamese army in the 1970s,’ said retired Lt. Gen. Daniel Bolger, who commanded the U.S.-led coalition’s mission to train Afghan forces in 2011-2013.

“‘There is always a tendency to use the model you know, which is your own model,’ retired Lt. Gen. Daniel Bolger said. ‘When you build an army like that, and it’s meant to be a partner with a sophisticated force like the Americans, you can’t pull the Americans out all of a sudden, because then they lose the day-to-day assistance that they need.’”(10)

A question that must be asked is, does Biden even care about the coming tragedies regarding this decision? Statements from his past would suggest that he does not:

The Atlantic journalist shared, “By the time Biden became vice president in 2009, the disastrous war in Iraq, the endemic corruption of the Afghan government, and the return of the Taliban had made him a deep skeptic of the American commitment. He became the Obama administration’s strongest voice for getting out of Afghanistan. In 2010, he told Richard Holbrooke, Obama’s special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, that the U.S. had to leave Afghanistan regardless of the consequences for women or anyone else. According to Holbrooke’s diary, when he asked about American obligations to Afghans like the girl in the Kabul school, Biden replied with a history lesson from the final U.S. withdrawal from Southeast Asia in 1973: “F--- that, we don’t have to worry about that. We did it in Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger got away with it.”(11)

Sadly, America and others around the world are about to pay another installment on the price of what took place in 2020. Even so, I still believe we will see the full restoration of America to her purpose and destiny. I believe the corruption and evil in our land will continue to be exposed. I fully believe we have entered into the beginnings of a great revival that will awaken our nation to righteousness and break deception off us. And I believe a billion or more souls are about to come into God’s family. He uses tragedies like the one unfolding. My heart hurts, but my faith is strong.

Pray with me:

Father, Paul said in 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, “Though we experience every kind of pressure, we’re not crushed. At times we don’t know what to do, but quitting is not an option. We are persecuted by others, but God has not forsaken us. We may be knocked down, but not out.” (TPT) Even as we grieve over this tragic situation in Afghanistan, we remind ourselves of Your all-sufficient grace and Your victory over all evil. You always have the final say.

We pray for the people of Afghanistan. We pray that You would break the back of the evil that exists there. Deliver the Afghans from this stronghold of darkness. Our prayer is that millions of them will have their eyes opened to who Jesus is and that they would believe on Him for salvation.

We also pray for our brothers and sisters there. They are facing very difficult days. But Your grace is sufficient and we know that they will experience a great eternal reward for their loyalty to You. We pray for protection, yet we also know some will lay down their lives. You will use their deaths, just as You did Stephen’s, and carry them to Your glorious, healing presence. Death will have no sting and the grave will have no victory. We ask for great peace to be given them, and the comfort of Holy Spirit to be very strong. We do so in Christ’s name, amen.

Our decree:

We decree that the grace of the Lord will be upon our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan and that the comfort of Holy Spirit will be theirs.

Click on the link below to watch the full prayer.

https://youtu.be/YGwq4TvFQng

2021/8/17 8:34Profile
staff

Re: The Afghanistan Tragedy

Hi Abideinhim,
I just want acknowledge your post and agree with your prayer for the Christians in Afghanistan.
After watching Joe Biden I dont think the decision to pull out was made by him but by another other part or parts of the administration.Joe Biden is unable to put coherent sentences together and is clearly in cognitve decline.
It really is a case of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory,
urs staff

2021/8/18 18:18Profile
deogloria

Re:

Extremely tragic situation .
Parts of the report are very accurate, other parts are probably just for political gain. I visited the country several years ago, but won't comment further on the situation.
Main point: the war was fought with carnal weapons. They don't create a better world . But that's what most people still believe.

Paul wrote: 2 Corinthians 10v3 For though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. 4 The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We desperately need to pray for the Christians there - and unbelievers to come to Christ before it is too late !

2021/8/21 16:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

These reports are from credible sources
That were in touch with underground church.

Reports from underground church in Afghanistan is that
Underground House Church was attacked last night by Taliban. Men, women, and children were praying and Holy Spirit filled them with great boldness as they were singing in the Spirit. Children are saying they will not deny Jesus. Reports have come in that the Church was martyred.

As they were on the phone, they heard screaming and gun shots.
God is so powerful, they went to be with the Lord with great joy.

2021/8/21 17:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I heard a report today that the Underground church in Afghanistan is the second fastest growing church in the world, and that many Christians are evangelizing the unsaved including the Taliban, and there are members of the Taliban that are studying the Bible. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2021/8/21 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy