SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Last Days/End Times?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thanks Staff-

I guess what I am asking is if we know when that time starts can’t we calculate when the Lord will return? But Jesus Himself says no one knows when that day will be.

2021/8/18 10:23Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMK,
I think we can calculate it the same way John the Baptist did with Christs appearance.
John knew his Job was to preach "hes coming ,hes coming his winnowing fork was in his hand" and John sent out his followers including if you read carefully the Twelve to look for him.It was only when he saw the Spirit ascend and descend upon him did he know Jesus was the one.
So we know something big regarding Jesus happens in very short order after the ministry of Elijah is complete.
After the sacrifice on Mt Carmel the fire fell shortly afterwards and after Jesus Ministry started by John was complete we had Pentecost shortly afterwards.
I believe that the "Chariots of Israel" come to take the Church out completely as they did with Elijah but it could alternatively be to to a safe place,

Most importantly the reason for the success of the Witnesses is that they preach the same Gospel as John
Jesus is coming very soon,If you dont get in the life raft you will be in big trouble,his winnowing fork is in his hand ,stay at your peril,staff

2021/8/18 17:39Profile
savannah

Re: Elijah in the 21st century

staff, could you please point me to the specific Scripture that you are referring to in regard to Elijah appearing on the scene for 42 months in our future. Thanks

2021/8/18 21:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Savannah,
Ths simple answer is Rev 11

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And a Longer Answer of Why this is.

The passage itself shows us that to find the explanation of the passage you have to look back into scripture when it says "these are the two olive branches and two candlesticks"
To find out about these you have to study Zachariah for instance .To find out about 42months ,times time and half a time ,1260 days or 3 1/2 yrs you also look bac and find its intertwined with two people Elijah and the Sacrifice Jesus.
So to find out who these witnesses are can only be found by looking and studying other scripture

We know that this is Elijah because of the pattern the passage follows
1 The number of days 1260 or 42 months they prophesy only happens with Elijah
2 By The powers these men have.
3 We can see that that the scripture is showing us that the powers are not to be taken fully literally by this passage

"And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies "

We know that this "fire" means "the word of God" not literal fire.
The power these men have is in the word of God.
4 They come preaching a "repentance and judgement " Gospel as they are clothed in sackcloth just as John did and Elijah did.
5 They are translated to heaven Alive just as Elijah was .

THE USE OF PATTERN

We know that modern day preachers and teachers as well as teachers in the Bible use biblical Patterns particularly of "The Temple" to explain scripture.For instance Paul says "your body is a temple" and Jesus says about "rebuilding the temple in three days"
Another popular Pattern used in the Bible is "twelve stones" meaning twelve tribes ,twelve Apostles etc.A pattern followed when they "cross the Jordon" "rebuilt the altar" and when Peter restored the Twelvth Apostle to allow Pentecost to happen.
We know Jesus followed prophetic pattern as he got John to pour water over him.No where was it explained why John had to pour water over Jesus except that Jesus knew Elijah had to pour water over the sacrifice because thats what he did on Mt Carmel.

HEBREWS 5 Explains Pattern

Hebrews 8:5 The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.

Another way of looking at it is that Mt Carmel,Pentecost and the Two witnesses are essentially the same thing ie
Elijah 42 Outpouring
,urs staff

2021/8/19 4:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy