SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Last Days/End Times?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Last Days/End Times?

https://youtu.be/jchu--KWvDw

2021/8/16 9:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Last Days/End Times?

Excellent!

2021/8/16 13:37Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

So this video is promoting postmillenialism. I do not blame the Puritans and 19th century Christians for believing this because they did see the gospels advance in many places, but you have to swallow many toads to believe this today.
I do not see anything like a millenium around me when go out of my door, or do I miss something?

Things are certainly getting worse and sin and darkness is on the increase, yet in the greatest darkness the children of the kingdom will shine as bright star as the glorious day is approaching.

2021/8/16 15:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You have to watch the whole video. At minimum it exposes the error of premillennialism which has enraptured (get it- enraptured) the vast majority of evangelicals since the early 20th century as it was propagated by Scofield and Dallas Theological Seminary (which indoctrinated many dispensationalist teachers/preachers of the past 50 years)

2021/8/16 17:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: savannah

Interesting video, Thanks!

2021/8/17 8:59Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I do not see any grounds for post-millenialism. It is no small thing to err in eschatology, as it serves as a compass through the end times.

Post-millenialism though diverse in its tenets believes at large we are in the millenium right now. If that is the case, where is the righteousness, justice, peace, prosperity and glory that goes along with Christs reign?

Also, to a great extend they believe that Christianity will eventual conquer the world prior to Chrits return (Kingdom dominion theology, seven mountains etc.) which I cannot find supported in the scriptures. At times, they even tried to enforce an earthly Christian rule over a territory. This is grievious and dangerous.

If you get eschatology wrong you will be disappointed or may even shipwreck in faith, especially as the day of his return appears.

On the other hand, lets not be hard on each other. Many eschatological things are hard to decipher and cannot easily laid out in chronolgical order. These things are not solved by mere bible study but need revelation of the Holy Spirit, therefore we must pray ... that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The Lord in his grace met those who had a sincere heart but held wrong views about Christ, like the Emmaus disciples and Martha and Maria. So I pray that the Lord will reveal these things to us as we humbly seek him.

2021/8/17 16:20Profile
deogloria

Re:

"If you get eschatology wrong you will be disappointed or may even shipwreck in faith, especially as the day of his return appears."
If we shipwreck in faith then it is probably because we put more trust in our understanding of -ology instead of Christ Jesus our Lord.…

Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.…

2021/8/17 17:38Profile
staff

Hi All,
I disagree with all end times views that dont understand or dont deal with the elephant in the room namely Elijah and the Witnesses and the pattern of 3 1/2yrs.
Elijah comes before the Lord as a harbinger ,the same way he came the first time as a harbinger.
All Isreal went out to see Elijah the Tisbhite
All Judea and the Surrounds went out to see Elijah the Baptist
And All the World will go out to see Elijah in the form of the Two Witnesses again.
This is clear when you look at the pattern of 3 1/2 years Of Elijah and the rain and John and Jesus Ministry .
Without the pattern of John their would be no Pentecost.This is made clear by Peter who said its nessacary to restore the "Twelve" to its full compliment and the Person has to have been Johns Disciple or they didnt qualify.Immediately after this came Pentecost.
The Spirit of Elijah comes upon the Church in the last days before the end for 3 1/2 years or 1260 days or times time and half a time or 42 months and the Gospel will be accepted or not accepted by the world and then the Anti Christ .The ministry of Elijah is always to restore the "Structure".Elijah restored the twelve stones on Mt Carmel and John retored the Twelve stones as in the Twelve Apostles and the Two Witnesses will also restore the proper Structure to the Church.In restoring the proper structure to the Church it will make them unified ,armed spiritually and effective.
Before the thousand year reign comes, the reign of the Anti Christ comes.The thousand year reign cannot come in without a battle between the Church in the form of Elijah and Jezebel and the Anti Christ.This is the pattern its always been the pattern and the Bible clearly shows its the pattern in the future.
In Elijahs day you had the evil woman who wanted his head and in Johns day their was the evil woman who wanted his head and in our day we will have the evil woman who wants the Churches head also,nothing new under the hot sun ,urs staff

2021/8/18 5:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Staff how will you know when the 3.5 years begins? And ends?

2021/8/18 7:09Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMK,
The same way you know how the 3.5 yrs begins with the two witnesses and the same way you know with the arrival of Elijah and the same way you know with the arrival of John.
It happens abruptly ,they seem to appear out of nowhere and the bible goes out of its way to make this point.
Elijah comes without any seeming pretext and the Baptist comes preaching in the wilderness .
Elijahs 3 1/2 starts with his prophesy about rain and ends with rain ,John follows Elijahs pattern on Mt Carmel and Pours water over the Sacrifice like Elijah did and Jesus 3 1/2 year ministry begins.Jesus knew this because he says to John about his baptism "permit it so all would be fulfilled".So Jesus knew John was fulfilling prophetic pattern even though John didnt know at the time.
John's Ministry ends or the effects of John's Ministry ends at Pentecost with rain or an outpouring.
When Elijah in what ever form that will be arrives we will know just as "Judah and the surrounds" knew for John and just as "All Israel" knew for Elijah.We will go out to the wilderness for the same reason because we will recognise the authority and power of Elijah.
So another way to answer to your question is :we will recognise Elijah or the Spirit of Elijah when he comes and it will last 7 portions of 6 months after he comes or 3 1/2 yrs.The paths for the Lords return have to be made straight and the valleys have to be filled in before he comes ,
urs staff

2021/8/18 10:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy