See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Bonhoeffer Would Do Today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

What Bonhoeffer Would Do Today

What Bonhoeffer Would Do Today:

Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of the few pastors in Germany before WW2 that stood up against Hitler, and died a martyr., We can either stand for righteousness and justice or we will loose our nation to Marxism.

IT’S TIME TO RAISE OUR VOICE

“Hold the Line is an organization whose hope is to bring awareness that will lead to historic engagement in the governmental realm of cultural influence.

The goal is to start engaging in conversations that will create a space where voices get unlocked and activated to bring reformation and CHANGE.”

https://youtu.be/CMkaKfDf_8g

2021/8/6 16:03Profile
Caleb4life

Re: What Bonhoeffer Would Do Today

Hi dear brother Mike,

The title of your post caught my attention, as I have read Metaxas’s book on Bonhoeffer.

So I listened to the interview at the link that you provided.

Then, even more recently, this interview came to my attention. (I am not familiar with all the other content on the site this links to, but I did listen to the interview).

https://www.sgtreport.com/2021/08/doctors-lawyers-issue-dire-warning-to-high-school-college-pro-athletes/

One take away for me is that there is a rising dissenting voice against the main stream narrative of the day, and that the “voice” (at least in the video you linked to, and this one that I am linking to) does harken to those who associate with Christ Jesus.

That said, my perception is that Metaxas, and the folks in this interview, though both wanting to “take a stand”, have different ideologies about what that looks like.

Metaxas still sounds “patriotic”, whereas the folks in this interview sound more “outside the camp” as it were.

Then there is the video posted on SI the other day from the Bishop in Australia, which is yet another perspective, as he preaches about “freedoms” specifically in the context of the institution of the church, as practiced by him and his congregants. That is in addition to the freedoms he’s advocating for on behalf of Australia as a whole (that aspect I perceive is similar to what Metaxas is promoting).

One undeniable commonality among them are their clarion calls to “take a stand” or “take action” and “speak up” or “rise up”, etc.

So, which voices are truly reflecting God’s heart in this hour?

All of them? None of them? Is anyone?

My sense is that the strength of the church will be directly proportionate to each individual hearing from and receiving their direction from the Holy Spirit, rather than rallying around a group, movement or “leader”, but I recognize that at the same time we are created for relationships, and that no one is an island. We are connected in the Spirit!

As we all continue to process and evaluate the times that we are living in, may our Creator, the Most High, grant us much wisdom and discernment!

Love you brother!

2021/8/10 10:34Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Brother for your thoughtful comments!

“My sense is that the strength of the church will be directly proportionate to each individual hearing from and receiving their direction from the Holy Spirit, rather than rallying around a group, movement or “leader”, but I recognize that at the same time we are created for relationships, and that no one is an island. We are connected in the Spirit!”

2021/8/10 21:30Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy