SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Beware of conspiracy theories, political agendas, and offences

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Beware of conspiracy theories, political agendas, and offences

My aim is not to discuss any CT in particular but try to refer to a biblical view about current events and movements.

I found that many Christians are becoming more and more engaged in conspiracy theories and political agendas and it concerns me. Some of my dear brother and sister are now constantly railing against our government and their measures.
There are 2 extremes among Christians. Some avoid politics as if it is the devil and others get all stirred up and driven to join anti-establishment movements.

Corona has changed our political landscape massively and it is difficult not to take a position.
Some find the measures government are enforcing overbearing and others wish to have more protection.
Some believe it is a monstrous man-made, decisive move by a shadow regime and others think governments just try their best to protect their citizens.
I am afraid many of my fellow believers are subtly driven off focus and from the simplicity of the faith.

Let us not be naïve. All governments of this world are God ordained but more or less controlled by satanic forces that are restrained by a more or less praying church. Let us not hope for a government that will change for the better but pray dutiful for all those that are in power. Neglecting this is a sin!

When Jesus was born, his parents had to undergo the Roman census. David had been punished severely for numbering his people. Were the occupant Romans cruel oppressors and overbearing stooges of a tyrant regime? You may say so. Can you imagine Joseph and Maria joining a movement to resist the census? No.

In our church we were allowed to take off our masks because of a low Corona incidence. 2 weeks later the government reversed it and we are again forbidden to sing and must wear masks. Resisting this means resisting an order of a God ordained government.

Only when the government imposes measures that clearly violate God’s order, we have to rather obey God. That would be if they close churches and forbid fellowship altogether. This will probably come in the future, but not yet. Corona vaccination is not the mark of the beast – not yet. I am vaccinated, too.
I believe Corona vaccination is just a sort of dress rehearsal for the mark of the beast. A compelling measure to ensure ease of buying and selling, security, protection and the common good.

Why are so many Christians so upset when their freedom is restricted? Bearing restrictions and oppression has always strengthened the church whereas much freedom has always weakened her. I recently met a young pastor who stated that his church has grown and was strengthened through Corona.

I think we should, as some have suggested on SI, focus much more on prayer and preparing the church for real persecution. We must build a network that can go underground and manage with little resources apart from prayer, the preaching of the word and the Holy Spirit.

History has been written long ago. It is HIS STORY! We live in very crucial days. Deception and seduction are increasing, But what about offences? The bible clearly warns us against taking offence:

Matthew 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Taking offense is a subtle temptation that will draw away carnal and superficial Christians away from Christ! The acid test of your walk with Christ is how you take offenses.
1 Peter 5
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

2021/8/2 16:39Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Beware of conspiracy theories, political agendas, and offences

"Only when the government imposes measures that clearly violate God’s order, we have to rather obey God."

I think this would include forcing everyone to get a vaccine, no?

I support anyone's decision to get the vaccine; I only hope people have the same respect for my decision to not get the vaccine.

2021/8/2 17:39Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

A vaccine that has already taken the lives of at least 11,940 and permanently disabled over 12,000 should be considered by anyone who values the temple of the Holy Spirit as something that should not be injected into us. These are the few cases that are reported to the official CDC website. Many more are not documented:

https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=CAT&EVENTS=ON&VAX=COVID1https://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfield.php?TABLE=ON&GROUP1=CAT&EVENTS=ON&VAX=COVID19

I personally know of two local cases where healthy people took the vaccine and one lady died within a week, and an elderly man (who was previously very healthy) died after 2 weeks.

One of the greatest needs in the church these days is discernment. If we are only hearing and believing what the major news outlets are feeding the world, we are being deceived. They are hiding facts and labeling many scientists and doctors as "conspiracy theorists" who are sounding the alarm about what is happening to those who take the vaccine.

Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem for the census as they should have. If they had been near Corrie ten Boom's house during the holocaust, I would hope that they would have hidden from the gestapo. If we as men of righteousness do not open our mouths and speak against the evils that are being poured out upon our world in the name of "protecting everyone's health", we will be like the church that just kept singing louder as the trains carried Jews to the death camps.

2021/8/2 20:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I know many of us are scared, tired, anxious, stressed, and uncertain about our future. I believe that God is using this time to draw us closer to Him and to reveal the wicked underbelly of the global elite for all of us to see. Ultimately He is in control and that brings me tremendous peace. I pray it does for you as well.

God Bless

2021/8/2 21:49Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Ultimately He is in control and that brings me tremendous peace.

Yes 100% God is in control anything that happens only happens because it has been allowed by the Almighty.

Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”

Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.” John 19 10-11

The worldly rulers of today would have no power - unless it has been given from above.

2021/8/3 3:54Profile
deogloria

Re:

There is a lot I could add, just a few comments for now.
"Can you imagine Joseph and Maria joining a movement to resist the census?" The census didn't cause any harm, no reason to resist.
But consider the following:
Hebrews 11v23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after his birth, because they saw that he was a beautiful child, and they were unafraid of the king’s edict.

"Yes 100% God is in control anything that happens only happens because it has been allowed by the Almighty."
I hear this so often that it makes me nervous. We don't seem to understand the severity of God,
"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God..."

We are living in very difficult times and we nee a LOT of discernment, wisdom, prayer, fellowship - and the full armor of God !

2021/8/3 4:53Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

One of my co workers was shaking uncontrollably and had heart problems after he got his first shot.

Again, if people want to get the vaccine, that's your choice. I am not judging you. I still love you as a brother or sister in Christ.

I tend to avoid conspiracy theories these days. Our focus should absolutely be on Jesus at all times. But, we can't close our eyes to satanic agendas. When there is so much evidence that the governments of the world are shifting towards totalitarianism and using this pandemic to further their agenda, we should take notice of it and carefully consider whether it IS a conspiracy theory or not.

2021/8/3 7:58Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Beware of conspiracy theories, political agendas, and offences

“God is in control”... and other similar statements alluding to the same are, more often than not, uttered from a position that is in retreat... as if somehow that “idea” is the end of the believers commission 🤷🏽‍♂️

This is a strange and foreign thing to my understanding. The Bible seems quite clearly to say otherwise... wether where we find God in repentance or man in perpetual disobedience, to satan being the god of this world and his minions seeking to corrupt and pervert the way of righteousness established by the Lord... if the statement that “God is in control” were literally true- how could these and countless other biblical accounts have happened?? 🤷🏽‍♂️ That poses an unavoidable contradiction does it not?

I was confronted early on in discipleship training by this type of disposition and it never aligned with what my Bible said ... 🤔 yet this type of doctrine is embraced by the majority of American Christians and this more than any other I have found, seems to be responsible for our inactivity (spiritually), which has led us to a place of spiritual weakness from this inactivity.

Wether in old or new testaments, this doesn’t seem to be the case according to what the scriptures actually say, yet many believe it to be true and all too often state as an immutable fact ...

It is my intention to submit to the body that this is in no way the Hebrew concept of God and is in every way a Greek (platonic/deist) concept that crept in unawares as is posited by the epistles of Peter, Paul etc... the damage from which has and will lead multitudes to destruction-

The concepts of Gods omnipresence, omnipotence, sovereign control, etc... are romantic and even comforting, they don’t really pan out when tested against the testimony of the scriptures themselves. At least not in the way that leads us (His body) to inactivity-

From this foreign entity has come all sorts of strange doctrines leading many astray from the true gospel of grace (divine influence) and into what is spiritual pridefulness... a form of spiritual elitism much like what Jesus openly rebuked in the 1st century as grievous to His Father -

Perhaps that is the greatest of all conspiracy theories.... for to believe it as it is stated, relieves the hearer from responsibility to act, whereby the gift of grace is mixed with the gift of faith and when acted upon produce fruit that glorifies God 😇

Please understand that I am not saying that God doesn’t “own” His creation nor does He lack the authority or ability to act on behalf of “His plan”,... however the scriptures clearly record and testify that God, Himself is pleading with man not to be willingly ignorant but to respond to His influences and not to respond to the worlds/satans influences-
for it is written;

1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2021/8/3 8:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Fletcher

This is why I don't post here much at all anymore, we can ALL find scripture to justify our our mission, just like I can here. Do I believe God Is really in control? Or did he just create all things, set them in motion, but out of his control? The Bible teaches that God’s sovereignty is an essential aspect of who he is, that he has supreme authority and absolute power over all things. And yes he is very much active, despite our perplexity. Scripture says, God works “all things according to the counsel of his will” (Ephesians 1:11).

One of the most powerful passages that reveals the sovereignty of God is Isaiah 46:9-11 "Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose, calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it".

Do I personally believe God is in control of all, YES!

Have a wonderful day...

2021/8/3 9:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//A vaccine that has already taken the lives of at least 11,940 and permanently disabled over 12,000 should be considered by anyone who values the temple of the Holy Spirit//

Statements like this kill me. Even assuming arguendo this statement is true (ie the people did not die or become disabled from unrelated causes) there have been approximately 4.2 billion vaccines given. 23,940 divided by 4.2 billion gives an almost unregisterable number on my calculator- but it is .00051%.

Yet 4.2 million have actually died from Covid.

2021/8/3 10:18Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy