SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Will the walls of denomination be torn down?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Will the walls of denomination be torn down?

I read in 1 Corinthians 14:26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

I'm not sure that this scripture above is talking about walls of denomination being torn down. My question is, is there any scripture that mentions that the walls of denomination will eventually be torn down?

2021/7/21 11:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Will the walls of denomination be torn down?

Quote:
I read in 1 Corinthians 14:26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Brother,

That scripture is not referring to denominationalism. But other passages in 1 Corinthians does so as he is addressing the root selfishness and carnality that causes divisions in that letter. We have to remember that the Church was One for hundreds of years and essentially over 1000 years of Church history.

The idea of division was the worst of sins to the early Church, it was unthinkable. One early Church leader said that it would be like tearing at the very flesh of Jesus Christ (as we are truly the body of Christ) what an unthinkable terrible thing to do.

1 Corinthians 3:3-4
"for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?"

Strife is wrong and any dividing over opinions was wrong also, or preferring one teacher over another. Even those teachers would rebuke such people as those teachers were all unified in the faith of Jesus Christ.

Jesus prayed in John 17 that we would all be one. That is God's will the unity of the body of Christ. False prophets in new testament scripture are the ones that divide or seperate themselves.

We should ask ourselves questions like are we in-line with the historic beliefs of the Church and early Church? Or have we gone off on a seperate path of understanding? Am I causing division in the body of Christ by my strong opinions in a doctrine or matter?

The Scriptures are not meant to be re-interpreted by every generation but Paul the Apostle said in Jude that its the "faith ONCE delivered to the saints"

God give us all grace to seek unity and come to center ourselves on the apostolic gospel and beliefs of the early Church.

2021/7/22 7:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thank you Brother Greg. The reason I even ask this question was, another Brother long ago "He has went to be with the Lord now" mentioned to me one time, that in the latter days, the Bible says, eventually the walls of denomination will be torn down. This thought rose up again in me the other day, so I wanted to dig a little deeper into this, to find scripture/scriptures that confirmed this.

Thank You

2021/7/22 10:45Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Will the walls of denomination be torn down?

When revival comes, walls are either broken down, or set as a protection against unbelieving enemies like in Nehemias time.

When the revival comes to an end and the people of God backslide, all is left are denominational walls or ruins of walls with dry bones inside.

until someone comes and speaks to the dry bones..

2021/7/22 11:08Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy