SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Gospel of the Christ, A message worthy of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CofG

Cambodia

The Gospel of the Christ, A message worthy of Jesus

I shared this with others, thought I would share here also.

A Word to the wise and the foolish.

The "Gospel" is the good news of "Jesus Christ." Most Christians would say those words without knowing what that really means. When we say Jesus "Christ", we speak it as if it is the first and last natural names of Jesus. However, from the OT and the NT, when Jesus is called the Christ, it has incredibly potent meaning. For the OT Jew and for the 1st century Christian, Jesus being the Christ or the Annointed One, or the Messiah, ` meant this............ Jesus was 1) the suffering Savior ( the lamb who takes away the sins of the world, and, 2) Jesus is the resurrected living King of heaven and earth, and, 3). Jesus will be the soon coming righteous and wrathful Judge of all. He Was, He is, and He is to come....soon. Savior, King, Judge.
The OT prophets, especially Isaiah, saw this. For them, the coming Messiah was a Redeemer, a King and a Judge. Even John the Baptist announced Jesus this way as he introduced Jesus the Messiah to Israel (John 1 and Luke 3).

The NT Apostles initially declared Jesus to be the resurrected Messiah to Jews and they explained what that word Messiah meant later to the Gentiles as they preached Jesus to be Savior, Jesus the Lord and Jesus the soon coming Judge. Peter's first outreach to Gentiles gives that explanation clearly in Acts 10. Paul did likewise.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a proclamation of Jesus, the Messiah has come, to suffer for the sins of the world to redeem a people, to rule now and forever over His people as risen King of Kings and Lord of Lords and to proclaim that same Jesus the Christ as the soon and very soon coming Righteous Judge of every creature when He judges mankind from the "Judgement Seat of Christ".

It is rare indeed when someone understands that the full Gospel is the good news of Jesus the Christ and that Gospel sharing or proclamation includes a full explanation of who The Christ is. Most are content to preach Jesus the Savior and if really pushed, they will declare Him as Jesus the Lord but, they are most reluctant to complete the trilogy by preaching Jesus as the coming Judge. Yet, this is what God commanded be preached (Acts 10, especially verse 42).

The Gospel is the good news that God has fulfilled the prophesy of the Messiah who has come, who is and who will come again.

Most Christians are either unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the "Gospel of the Christ. " The OT Jews knew what this Messianic prophecy was even if they didn't comprehend the cross in it. The 1st Century believers heard the fulfillment of the prophesy when the Apostles preached Jesus as crucified Savior, resurrected Lord and Judge. Today, that prophetic full word and complete understanding made true in Jesus the Christ is so often missing in our consideration and conversation.

The Gospel has 3 essential elements. It is an invitation to come to the Savior and lover of your soul, it is a command to repent and obey the Lord and Master of your life who has all authority, and it is a warning to those who reject this great salvation that delivers you from the present corrupt generation into His glorious Kingdom that they will one day face this Jesus as Righteous Wrathful Judge with power to cast body and soul into Hell. This is what it is to believe in the "Name" of Jesus the Christ. How can people believe in His Name unless those who know preach it? Invitation, Command and Warning. A loving and intelligent explanation of the urgent need, great gift and dire present situation for those who have ears to hear.

This is a critical word for this season we are in. God has said that all "judgement" has been given to the Son so that the world would honor the Son as they honor the Father ( John 5:42 ). It is now time that God's people honor the Son by preaching Him and sharing Him as the good news that the Messiah ( suffering Savior, resurrected King, and soon coming Judge ) has come to save, is ruling for each man's present life and will come again to finally judge the wicked very soon. If we do not preach this way, share this way with family, friends or strangers, we will not honor the Son nor obey God. We don't get to choose how we honor the Son in our man made Gospel formulations. God has declared the message that He calls "seed". We just sow it. We don't shape the seed, prepare the heart or bring life. We just sow.

Psalm 2:5-12

“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”

Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son (pay homage)
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

We are called to declare the full Gospel, Savior. King and Judge. It is not a matter of effectiveness, relevance or who will or who won't receive the preached Word. It is a matter of obedience, faithfulness and honoring Jesus as the Father demands He be honored.

2021/6/27 7:13Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy