SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New prehistoric human unknown to science discovered in Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/science/story/a-star-is-born-scientists-set-to-see-birth-of-the-first-stars-right-after-big-bang-1819368-2021-06-25

2021/6/25 21:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Todd, you can post all the articles you like. I don't interpret things I see through man's theories. I interpret scientific findings through the lens of God's revelation to man, the scriptures. I think God's word is not authoritative to some because they are afraid of looking like bumpkins to "educated" people.

Seeing as how no one has ever seen a star form, I won't hold my breath on this one. It supposedly takes 10 million years for a star to form, so actually observing it is impossible. The one way speed of light is impossible to measure. It is an agreed upon convention. What we observe could be happening in real time, even if it is millions of light years away.

It should give you pause to realize evolutionary theory had its beginnings in pagan religions, which in turn spread to Greek philosophers, which then spread to people like Erasmus Darwin and his grandson, Charles. Juxtapose what all these pagan religions said about origins, like "man evolved from fish" and "the universe is very old" to what the Bible says about origins. If read in an honest and straightforward way, no one would ever come up with "millions of years" from the scriptures. People try vainly to force evolution into the text of scripture.

2021/6/25 21:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But we do see stars forming, and this new telescope will see the earliest formed stars.

We also see stars in all points of their life cycle, ie red giants, white dwarfs, yellow dwarfs, neutron stars, blue super giants, supernovas and all stages in between.

I am not against the idea of someone having enough faith in the 6000 years construct to be able to force everything observed into it even if it takes a shoehorn.

But the evidence to the contrary is so overwhelming that it should make a reasonable person stop to think. They may maintain their 6000 year construct, but only by referencing Ken Ham or creation.org. By the way I am not knocking either organization and I reference them often, but they cannot be one’s only reference.

2021/6/26 8:08Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Nope, we don't. We see gas clouds with different densities and temperatures. Scientists can make guesses as to what will happen in the future, that's it.

There are many, many scientists that disagree with conventional theories about origins, i.e. big bang, Darwinian evolution etc. It isn't just Ken Ham and a few other people. In Einstein's day they called his theories completely anti-science and implausible, even Nobel prize winners disagreed with him; after all, they had "consensus" on their side.

I guess it boils down to this, and I am asking you a direct question Todd: What is your final authority on origins, the Bible or current scientific opinion?

2021/6/26 12:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Einstein did not believe in a young universe.

Truth is my final authority. God created the universe- that is truth. You believe the first chapter of Genesis and a literal interpretation of it is the sole bastion of truth on the matter. This is perfectly fine for you and whole lots of folks. Others think there is more evidence to consider and perhaps Genesis 1 was not intended to tell the whole story of all the mysteries of the universe. Would men 3000 years ago have comprehended all the mysteries of the universe? We still don’t.

2021/6/26 13:39Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

It's sad to hear you say that. Outside of what scripture says, truth has a wide definition, and can be interpreted many different ways. Remember Jesus said "Thy word is truth." John 17:17 This is why so many people are blinded, because they have rejected the authority of God's word and define truth as they see it. Notice how christians generally do not do this with other areas of scripture? If someone who professes to be a christian says "I don't believe Jesus is God, just a lesser god", or "Science says a virgin birth is impossible" we immediately know they can't be born of God, because these truths can't have many different interpretations; the scriptures are axiomatic and clear as day. I am not saying one must be a young earth creationist to be a christian, let me be clear on that. But to say we know more than the inspired writers is dangerous.

I won't be commenting on your posts anymore as I don't want to argue with you. The last thing in the world I want is division in the body of Christ.

God bless you Todd.

2021/6/26 13:43Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I understand. I do appreciate the discussion.

2021/6/26 14:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy