SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is having Children in these evil days wise?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
John1028

Is having Children in these evil days wise?

Hello

Iam from Germany. Is it more wise in these Days to not have kids? Iam really concerned about the future of the children. The reason why iam concerned is that our Society is getting more and more godless. You even can not have homeschooling here in germany and in pulic school they teach the kids really evil things. Its getting worse and worse. Very quickly. Is it better to not have children in these evil days?Iam not married.. so i talk about new born future children.

Edit: When i write Evil times i mean: Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexuel Teaching in school, sexual teaching like maturation with 5 (it did not happen yet but thair are signs it will come), they even teach that you can choose your gender, gendering of the language, there is no god teaching etc.
Then we see that the world is changing and maybe persecution is really not far away. There are so many more things i could add but its enough i think.

Btw. No children means for me - not getting married because i dont wanna manipulate my or my wifes body to stay childless.

2021/6/11 13:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Is having Children in these evil days wise?

This is actually a much more complex topic than it seems at first blush.

Since the way is narrow that leads to destruction why would a Christian ever choose to have children? Can a parent be way more than 50 sure their children will become disciples of Jesus Christ?

Of course this question per your point is even more poignant today. It used to be that there was at least decent community backing regard going to church etc. Not anymore. Today society considers churchgoers as intolerant dangerous racists, misogynists and every other -ist.

Believe it or not when I was in public elementary school here in the US in the early 70s we had Bible classes a couple of times a week in school.

2021/6/11 15:39Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I think there is never a time where we should stop having children. It is a general command to procreate. Gen 1:38

Some people have the gift of singleness and are content with it. 1.Cor 7:25-28.

Du auch aus Deutschland?

2021/6/11 16:26Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

I don't think we as children of God should let fear motivate any of our decisions. God is fully able to save and keep your children if you should have any.

Having said that, I think far, far too many christians rush into marriage for bad reasons, like personal gratification, peer pressure or a misguided sense of loneliness.

I personally am remaining celibate for the rest of my life. I chose this because I want to give my undivided attention to Jesus and spreading the gospel.

2021/6/11 17:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I think there is never a time where we should stop having children. It is a general command to procreate. Gen 1:38//

To be fair, the command was to “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Genesis 1:28

I think the stated goal has been accomplished and more.

I certainly am not against folks having children; the question was whether it was wise given the times we live in.

2021/6/12 8:01Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"I think the stated goal has been accomplished and more."

Care to elaborate?

2021/6/12 12:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The world population is pushing 8 billion at 7,874,965,825.

I’m no tree hugger or rabid environmentalist but it seems clear we have progressed from subduing the Earth to abusing it.

2021/6/12 15:13Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

The world is not overpopulated. I think the problem is poor governance, wastefulness and greed.

Cities, for example, cover approximately 3 percent of total land mass while 56.2 percent of the world's population live in cities. People look at these crowded cities and conclude there are too many people in the world.

As much as 30 percent of food is wasted globally on an annual basis. 8.9 percent of people live near starvation. What we needlessly waste is more than enough to feed a hungry populace.

We also have incredibly bad policies in place, like lockdowns, which plunged as many as 150 million people into poverty.

Or take global warming pseudoscience, which wants to eliminate the fossil fuel industry and plunge yet more people into poverty. We would literally not have the modern world without fossil fuels; billions of people have been lifted out of poverty because of this industry (which I firmly believe God let man discover in this age when world population has drastically increased.)

Even my industry, for example. I have worked in aquaculture on the West Coast of British Columbia for over 7 years now. This industry has much less of a carbon footprint than any land based farming. It has minimal environmental impact and feeds millions of people on an annual basis. But garbage, cherry-picked "science" is spoon fed to activists, propagated on the internet and even reaches politicians who enact laws to reduce and try to eliminate the industry.

Or the irrational fear over GMO foods. In some developing countries many people are malnourished and have preventable conditions like Vitamin A deficiency, which can be remedied with "Yellow Rice" (rice with added Vitamin A). But GMOs are the "boogie man" because of propaganda spread by people more concerned about "Mother Earth" than human beings.

These are just a few examples of many.

God commands us to procreate and fill the earth.

Globalists say there are "too many people".

Like the Georgia Guidestones which says "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

Billionaires like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Ted Turner and others are actively planning on how to "slow down population growth". (Who elected them? They have ABSOLUTELY NO SAY in how many children people should have.) Or communist dictators in countries like China, who tell people how many kids they can have (and murder children in the womb if people don't listen).

2021/6/12 15:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-07-25/population-growth-world-overshoot-day/11320990

2021/6/12 20:59Profile
deogloria

Re:

Good question - no easy answers .
The times will get even more evil in the future.
If you want to have kids then you want them to follow the Lord.Then you need to count the costs for you and the kids, to be disciples.
The price might be high.
Whatever you do - do it for the Glory of God.

2021/6/12 22:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy