SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Just being forgiven was totally insufficient.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

I think the calvinist vomit at the idea that faith is not a gift because the pelagian camp more or less teaches that we are saved by Grace through Faith which is something man produces without the help of God which most of us wouldn't believe anyway but there truly is a camp that believes that in the flesh the sinful nature of man has the ability to trust and believe unto salvation, and so the fine Calvinist have developed a theology which completely rejects that, but is a knee-jerk reaction so that man needs to be Sovereignly born again and then salvation producers saving Faith as a part of receiving the divine nature so man can't get any credit for Salvation and that all the glory goes to God. Their desire is to only give all the glory to God so it's not a bad thing it's just confusing theology and many great men believe to like Charles Spurgeon George Whitfield god used these man greatly Jonathan Edwards as well. I More or less believed it as well but I just could not quite get my head around it didn't quite make sense so I had to sit down and think about it pray about it and think about it and pray about it and think about it and think about my own conversion. But if I had to pick one ID pick the Calvinist give all the glory to God rather than Pelagius, the idea which gives some glory to man for him producing Faith in The flesh. But lucky we don't have to pick one. I sit somewhere in between semi-Pelagianism and Calvinism and my theology gives all the glory to God, man still needs God to draw him because no man can come to Jesus Christ unless the Father draws him. Pelagian teachers that man can come to God without the need of God to draw him at any time he wants and then he can produce Faith whenever he wants and I think that's Poppycock for lack of a better word. The important thing is when we talk about this sort of thing we don't fight we do it in love and we just give glory to God for his amazing gifts that we may never fully understand on this side of heaven and like you said work out our own salvation with fear and trembling and cultivate and stir up the gifts that God has given us.

2021/6/20 18:35Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Gary

Yes dear brother and yet it may be the concepts you mentioned are more Greek in origin than Hebrew... Something worth looking into 🙏🏻

2021/6/20 23:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

amen brother yes both seem to be

2021/6/22 8:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy