SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Just being forgiven was totally insufficient.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
beloved-vern

Just being forgiven was totally insufficient.

Just having my sins taken away and having my trespasses removed from me was totally insufficient. Now do get me wrong, I was extremely glad that I was forgiven but that knowledge did not keep me from my sinful behavior. Every day I would confess these sins over and over again but that did stop me from repeating the same sins again.

I told God that I was very glad that He had forgiven me but that was just was not enough for me to live the Christian life. I had no idea of what was really wrong with me so I spent much time and effort trying to be good, better and to improve my behavior. I was looking at my outward sins and attempted to cut them off but I always failed. You name it I tried it but it was like hitting a brick wall over and over again so I completely gave up but that also did not help my situation at all.

I could fully identify what Paul went thought in Romans chapter seven verses 14-24 but I did not see any solution there. This went on for many years and some of my outward sins would have put in jail for a long time if I had been caught doing them. After completely exhausting myself of all the avenues I took to get free from these sins, I got to the point were I finally realized that it was IMPOSIBLE for me to deliver myself from this mess. I could now truly say, "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

I just kept praying that God would show me the actual remedy to me so I could really enjoy Him. Then I saw the answer in to this issue in Rom. 8:2-3 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:"

Then I realized that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus had made me free from the law of sin and death. The law and my efforts could not cleanse me, make me holy, make me perfect, make me righteous, justify me or give me life - impossible. I saw that Christ had completely delivered me and set me free from this old law by giving me a new law - a new operating system which is HIS VERY LIFE AND DIVINE NATURE.

Now under the NEW OPERATING SYSTEM, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ sets me totally free from this obligation and all obligations to that old law. Now God who is LOVE dwells in my physical body, supplying me CONTINUOUSLY with that Love that the law demanded but could never provide. Now I am FREE to love without effort. Not only am I SUPPLIED with Love, I am that LOVE. Now then I am not under ANY further obligation at all, for His LOVE inside of me fulfills all the requirements of the law. I have been set free by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, and I am FREE INDEED!!!

A principle - law is just the way something works; it cannot do anything different. We were under the law of sin and death which was our source that caused all of our outward deeds and actions. WE could not help it. This was the way we were without any possibly to get free from this system.

While we yet living under that LIE, Christ places us under the law (the operating system) of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus making us free from the law (the operating system) of sin and death. Under this law THE LIFE IN CHRIST is our new source that causes all of our outward deeds and actions. We are now holy, cleansed, made holy, made perfect, made righteous and He has given us HIS LIFE. Now Christ's LIFE CAUSES YOUR OBEDIENCE!!! It is God who said "I will cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments." We cannot help it. It is just the way it works. It impossible for it act differently.

What Christ did was to take the whole sin system upon Himself, not just that He bore our sins. Christ was "made sin." Now this sin is the very root and cause of all outer sin. Sin is the whole system of self-centeredness; sins are just products and the judgment of Adam's sin. Sin - the whole system, the whole sin system, the whole sin dimension - He was made that! This was the final place, Jesus Christ, as God became the whole sin system, which involved us and everything else that's gone wrong.

As He became the sin system, we became the righteousness system. Now we don't get righteousness; we are the righteousness system. We are god-forms of God in His righteousness. It says He made Him to be sin, who knew no sin, that we may be made the righteousness - not have the righteousness-not get justification. Be made the righteousness.

We are now the right people! We are now as He became the wrong person in all its implications, so we're now the right people with all its implications! So we boldly say we're the right people. We're God's righteousness; we're God's rightness now. Not made right-are right! He totally removed us from the Whole of the ROOT of all sin - The cause of outer sins - a self for self and the idea of an independent self.

Now we are under the WHOLE ROOT of righteousness - the cause of our obedience, and we are now in complete union in God. The law in the Spirit of Life in Jesus Christ is "I have got a new principle a new law - the Spirit of Life."

I used live to under the law, but God has removed - transferred me to a NEW kingdom and a NEW law. I am NO longer under the sin principle of self - which brings death. I am now under the law of Spirit of LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS!! God has delivered us from one law by transferring me to another law.

The law of sin and death used to rule me, but now I am ruled by another law that operates within me - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, and that law has completely delivered me from the law of sin and death. You see, it is a law of life in Christ Jesus - the resurrection life that is in Him has met death in all its forms and triumphed over it.

The Lord Jesus dwells in my heart by faith, and He is my keeper. When I was under the law, Sin was my ruler and I could not help not sinning, but now I am ruled by a different law of Life and Love; I cannot help being holy, righteous, and perfect. It is what it is.

Now I am a free from a mere outer law that only produces death telling me shoulds and should nots that could never cleanse me from sin, give me life, or make me holy, perfect, or righteous. Now I have an inner LIFE - God's own divine love, Life, and nature causing me to be all that the law could never do.

A law or principle only means how a thing works and operates. It has no choice to do or be anything different. It is a rule of action. The results are unchangeable and fixed. We are now under the perfect law of freedom from that old system of law. This New law sets us free from sin and death; that is how it works and operates and it also it has no choice to do or be anything different. The results are unchangeable and fixed.

What is the nature of this law of life? Such a nature will operate spontaneously along a certain line without the need of it being forcibly controlled and without the need of any conscious effort. God has given us His life within us and this life is a law by itself.

He has not placed in us a mere outward form or letter; He instead puts in us a living law of life which operates spontaneously. Since what God has put in us is HIS Life, it naturally is a law, which operates spontaneously. This law will automatically "law" out life. And this life will spontaneously "law" out the contents of the life within us - even "law" out the riches of God. It will naturally flow because that is it very essence and nature.

Now see this, under the old we were slaves of sin under the domain - kingdom and were under the law of sin and death. We were made sinners because of Adam's disobedience. This means we did not just sin occasionally but that is all we did. We could do nothing else but sin because we were FREE FROM righteousness. Righteousness was now impossible. This sin condition was just normal and we could not help it. It is very important to see that this sin condition was not me; it is like a virus, a person who is expressing sin by me. In other words sin is the principle of self-centeredness expressed through me.

Under the new we are NOW slaves of righteousness under the domain - kingdom of the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ and are free from sin - the principle of self-centeredness expressed through me. We were made righteous by the obedience by the last Adam, Jesus Christ. This means we just are not just righteous occasionally but that is all we can be all the time. We can not be something else because free from the domain of sin. It is very important to see that this righteous condition is not me; it is like a virus, a person who is expressing righteousness by me and through me. In other words, righteousness is the principle of pure LOVE expressed through me.

2021/6/9 4:56Profile
brothagary

Re: Just being forgiven was totally insufficient.

Amen God revealed that principle to me in 2011 through an exhortation combined with a prophecy, and I received it by faith about 9 years later, when I received it came with an outpouring of his spirit which sanctified me or set me free from the law of sin and death, he brought me to the end of my self through trial, whereby I could longer trust or have any confidence in the flesh he shook everything that I trusted in which was painful to the flesh but it weakened it, whereby I could transfer my confidence towards him. I had no other options, and then the truth literally set me free it came by knowing the truth through revelation, what was once a biblical principle that I knew of in my mind became real, became my life, by faith we are saved and by faith we are sanctified, not by might or by power but by my spirit says the Lord, the words that Paul spoke or wrote are spirit, just as Jesus confessed, theses words I speak are spirit and they are life ..........This is a snipit of that old exhortation from 2011 ....Come reckon your selfs dead unto sin

come to a quiet place ,and look,,see the lord

He is hanging on the cross for us

see the blood

the pain

watch the sacrifice of the holy lamb

see how he offers himself to God for us

listen, hear the earthquake

and the cry of the lamb
listen to the cords of sin break, while he screams.

Behold,behold,what he speaks
my God my God my why did you have to forsake me.

It is finished

he has broken the head of the snake

the propitiation,the offering is complete

the son has set you free

and you are free indeed

He has broken the power of sin over his people

truly this was the son of god

who was bruised for our iniquity
the chastisement for our peace was upon him.
He bore our sins, listen to his pain
and by these strips we ARE heald

The cords of sin are gone

the leash of iniquity has been released

He has set you free from the leash of slavery

sin has no dominion over us

he condemned sin in the flesh

you are FREE ,He set you FREE.

Reckon your selfs dead unto sin

sins dominion was nailed to the cross

He who knew no sin became sin
cursed is he who hung on the tree

The curse is left you ,, now you leave the curse on that tree

leave your old master,on that cross.

Resist the devil , and he will flee from you

take the grain of mustard seed on thy lips

let it sprout and grow and fruit
confess this truth to one another

He set you free
indeed you are free

The cross has set you free
what was nailed to the alter
became your freedom.

Rejoice now in your liberty
where sin abounded
grace abounded more

He set you free.

Step out from the old traps
don't let the traps entangle you, you are Already free
you are a new creature now
walk by faith.

2021/6/9 6:44Profile
beloved-vern

Re: The cross has set you free

AMEN brothagary - PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I am Standing firm therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made me free, and I am not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”

2021/6/9 7:06Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen may god led all his children into the truth, The victory that the cross Acomplished, may he receive the full reward of his suffering. I believe there is coming a revival of holiness, God is opening and will continue to open more eyes to the Pauline revelations. Halleluja ! The gospel will be preached to every creature before he comes back.

2021/6/9 8:19Profile

Re: Just being forgiven was totally insufficient.

Sounds Good, now just who did God do this for ? Do all for whom Christ died come into this experience ? 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2021/6/11 13:43
beloved-vern

Re:

Salvation is a gift from God.

Eph 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast."

To experience the LIFE of Christ we MUST BELIVE AND RECIEVE HIM!!!

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name"

The Greek word that is translated as “receive” in this verse is lambano. It is a very common word that simply means “take,” “grasp,” “seize,” “receive” as well as ‘to take to oneself” something or someone. The opposite of receiving something is to reject it – not take it. It was sometimes used of “taking a wife.” This implies that “receiving” Jesus means that a person willingly takes Christ to himself or herself. It results in a person giving himself or herself to Christ.

2021/6/12 4:32Profile

Re:

Believing and receiving are action words, Spiritual actions at that. That being the case, how can Spiritually dead persons perform those Spiritual actions ? Spiritual actions must proceed out of Spiritual life ! Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2021/6/12 5:45

Re:

So those who receive Christ, that is believe on Him, do so because they had been born of God Jn 1:12-13. It takes a born again person to receive Christ !

2021/6/15 5:04
beloved-vern

Re:

So you are saying that a person needs to be born again before they can receive Christ? So do you believe that all are born again? Could you state clearly what you believe and why you believe it?

2021/6/15 6:55Profile

Re:

Yes a person must be born again before they can receive Christ. The flesh cant please God ! Rom 8:8

2021/6/15 8:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy