Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What is the root cause of sin? Part 1

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
beloved-vern

Re: TMK

First off it is something that God, in Christ has already done. We enter in only by faith as we hear the word of God. The LIVING word - contains everything you need. No works of the flesh or self effort are involved. The Holy Spirit of God takes the things of Christ and makes it real to you. AS he does, your eyes are open to see it and the you just take what you see. It is a gift of God. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast."

2021/5/25 15:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What do we need to believe?

2021/5/25 16:36Profile
beloved-vern

Believe this

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

And

Rom 6:6-7 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

2021/5/25 17:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Believe this

In your estimation what percentage of Christians believe this in the way you mean?

In other words what percentage are walking around sin-free?

2021/5/25 18:14Profile
beloved-vern

Re: God MADE us alive in Him

I do really do not have a clue on the number of Christians who believe this way or experience freedom from the domain of sin but I do know that God by his grace is pleased to reveal His Son IN us at this time. This is what God is doing now and it will continue to expand and grow. This is what needed to have Christ revealed IN US in these last days.

Before we were born again we were slaves and servants of sin and we were totally free from righteousness (Rom. 6:20). We were dead in sin and trespasses so then righteousness could not exist because we were dead to it. Sin was just completely normal for us and it just flowed out from us without our thought or effort. We were stuck in this death until God MADE us alive in Him.

When were we born again (fathered from above) We were MADE free from sin and become slaves - servants to God, we now have our fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. (Rom 6:22). Now when Christ died – we died. When He was buried - we were buried. When He arose – we arose having His LIFE within us. Now we are dead to sin but alive IN Him and righteousness is just completely normal for us and it just flows out from us without much thought or effort.

2021/5/26 4:00Profile
beloved-vern

When He died, I died

It is one thing to say Christ died for me. It is another thing to say, “When He died, I died.” What does that mean? That is something far deeper than taking my sins. It means the whole sin condition and root cause of sin! Now that can't mean anything personally to me unless I 'get' it. The Sin condition is not me; it is like a virus, a person who is expressing sin by me. In other words sin is the principle of self-centeredness expressed through me.

What Christ did was to take the whole sin system upon Himself, not just that He bore our sins. Christ was "made sin." Now this sin is the very root and cause of all outer sin. Sin is the whole system of self-centeredness; sins are just products and the judgment of Adam's sin. Sin - the whole system, the whole sin system, the whole sin dimension - He was made that! This was the final place, Jesus Christ, as God became the whole sin system, which involved us and everything else that's gone wrong.

As He became the sin system, we became the righteousness system. Now we don't get righteousness; we are the righteousness system. We are god-forms of God in His righteousness. It says He made Him to be sin, who knew no sin, that we may be made the righteousness - not have the righteousness-not get justification. Be made the righteousness. We are now the right people! We are now as He became the wrong person in all its implications, so we're now the right people with all its implications! So we boldly say we're the right people. We're God's righteousness; we're God's rightness now. Not made right-are right! He totally removed us from the Whole of the ROOT of all sin - The cause of outer sins - a self for self and the idea of an independent self.

Christ has placed us under the law (the operating system) of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus making us free from the law (the operating system) of sin and death. Under this law THE LIFE IN CHRIST is our new source that causes all of our outward deeds and actions. We are now holy, cleansed, made holy, made perfect, made righteous and He has given us HIS LIFE. Now Christ's LIFE CAUSES YOUR OBEDIENCE!!! It is God who said "I will cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments." We cannot help it. It is just the way it works. It impossible for it act differently.

Now we are under the WHOLE ROOT of righteousness - the cause of our obedience, and we are now in complete union in God. The law in the Spirit of Life in Jesus Christ is "I have got a new principle a new law - the Spirit of Life." I used live to under the law, but God has removed - transferred me to a NEW kingdom and a NEW law. I am NO longer under the sin principle of self - which brings death. I am now under the law of Spirit of LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS!! God has delivered us from one law by transferring me to another law. The law of sin and death used to rule me, but now I am ruled by another law that operates within me - the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, and that law has completely delivered me from the law of sin and death. You see, it is a law of life in Christ Jesus - the resurrection life that is in Him has met death in all its forms and triumphed over it.

2021/5/26 11:01Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy