See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A longing for the presence of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

A longing for the presence of God

Recently it has been a hard time
My dad had an accident in which they couldn't put his finger back on and my brother has had relationship problems
There is so many other things

With doing online sermons yet so longing for the presence of God and feeling such a mess and such a sinner
Feeling spiritually attacked in body , mind.

Knowing that it is only God that moves,

Exo 33:15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

With being a technical guy and can do fancy things with computers ,

1 minute in god's presence would

and that I might not be self-dependent, but still have my whole dependence upon God. What I passed through was remarkable, and indeed inexpressible. All things here below vanished; and there appeared to be nothing of any considerable importance to me, but holiness of heart and life, and the conversion of the heathen to God. All my cares, fears, and desires, which might be said to be of a worldly nature, disappeared; and were, in my esteem, of little more importance than a puff of wind. I exceedingly longed, that God would get to himself a name among the heathen; and I appealed to him with the greatest freedom, that he knew I `preferred him above my chief joy.' Indeed

David brainerd

I so long for the presence of God in me and at church
I feel so far away at the moment and a billion miles away and spiritual oppression

2021/5/17 14:45Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: A longing for the presence of God

Hi deltadom,

I'm praying for you. Your post reminded me of one of my favorite songs by Keith Green. It is a song of longing for the Lord -- a song that is simultaneously a cry to God and an offering of worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVgPQm06g2c

Be encouraged.

2021/5/17 14:53Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

:)

2021/5/17 15:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Brother, God will never leave you or forsake you.
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. (Matthew 5.6)

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.” (1 Peter 4:12, 13)

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

2021/5/17 15:16Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hi bro Dom, I hope I do not sound patronizing but maybe
try thanksgiving and praise
just because God deserves it and will delight in it
and the devil hates it

2021/5/17 16:26Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:

With doing online sermons yet so longing for the presence of God and feeling such a mess and such a sinner
Feeling spiritually attacked in body , mind.

I so long for the presence of God in me and at church
I feel so far away at the moment and a billion miles away and spiritual oppression

What I have learned Dominic is to take time away from sermons, they are not your answer. Books written by other men are not your answer. One time, years ago, when I first started coming to SI, there was a list of Ravenhill's top 40 books and I pursued in trying to buy them all!! LOL I didn't make it and thank God for it!!

Reading those books kept me from reading the word of God that was written just for me. And it is written just for you.

What do you think about fasting from sermons and books (but the Bible) for 6 months. If you said in your mind, "I could never do that..." then definitely you do NEED to do it!

God wants you, Dominic. If you bless Him and honor Him with yourself, He will bless you with His presence that so long for.

God bless you,
Lisa

2021/5/17 19:32Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

David

There is a deeper work of the Spirit - your quote in post highlights the result of the Spirit's deeper work.

David Brainerd July 21, 1744:

My soul pleaded long; and I thought God would go with me to vindicate his own cause: and thus I spent the evening, praying incessantly that I might not be self-dependent, but have my whole dependence upon God.

What I passed through was inexpressible

All things here below vanished; and there appeared to be nothing of any importance to me, but holiness of heart and life, and the conversion of the Heathen to God.

All my cares, fears, and desires, which might be said to be of a worldly nature disappeared: and were of little more importance, than a puff of wind. I exceedingly longed, that God would get to himself a name among the Heathen; and I appealed to him with the greatest freedom, that he knew I ‘preferred him above my chief joy.’ Indeed I had no notion of joy from this world; I cared not where or how I lived, or what hardships I went through, so that I could but gain souls to Christ.

https://biblicalmissiology.org/2021/03/22/a-missionarys-heart/

2021/5/19 4:52Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy