See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Spirit of Truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth:

I remember hearing a true story about a prophet of God that was on his way to a meeting and found himself in an elevator with a woman that asked him if he had a word from the Lord for her. So he gave her his bible, and the woman thanked him and left with his bible.

This is a humorous story, but it seems as if not a few in the Body of Christ are looking for a word from a man of God, when God has given to us both the Spirit of truth that abides in us, and the Word of truth that is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.

We praise God for the prophetic gifts that are in the Church, and we pray that many within the Body of Christ would seek and move in true prophetic ministry so that the Body of Christ would be built up.

The Holy Spirit has been given to us to lead us into all truth, and the Spirit within us will bear witness to every true Word of prophesy.

Every true word of prophesy will be in line with the Word of God, and every true prophet of God will place a high value on scripture as being the basis and ground of all truth.

“Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brothers and sisters who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
(Revelation 19:10)

“But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.” (1 John 2:27)

2021/4/18 8:26Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy