SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thankfulness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Thankfulness

“While He was on the way to Jerusalem, He was passing between Samaria and Galilee. And as He entered a village, ten men with leprosy who stood at a distance met Him; and they raised their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” When He saw them, He said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they were going, they were cleansed. Now one of them, when he saw that he had been healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him. And he was a Samaritan. But Jesus responded and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine—where are they? Was no one found who returned to give glory to God, except this foreigner?” And He said to him, “Stand up and go; your faith has made you well.”” Luke 17:11-19

While talking to our Lord tonight the Spirit brought forth a thought to me. “…ten men with leprosy” came to our Lord seeking His mercy! Just like when we came to Jesus in repentance and faith seeking mercy, seeking cleansing. Now our Lord gave the ten men a command and as they were going they were cleansed! Just like many of us through Christ sacrifice have been cleansed inwardly, and brought into newness of life through Christ and the work of the Holy Spirit.

Now nine of the men after seeing they were healed did not turn back to glorify God and to thank Jesus! However one “turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him.” I enjoyed a precious time with our Lord tonight in worship and thanksgiving. He truly appreciates it when we simply take the time to worship and thank Him. I thought to keep this between just me and our Lord, but He wanted me to share it with you.

Have you took the time to worship and simply thank Jesus lately for all He has done for you? If not He is expecting you.

“Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine—where are they?”

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2021/4/15 1:05Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Thankfulness

Great truth here! We enter His gates with thanksgiving. etc...

My theology is that all of our praise and worship is built on the foundation of thanksgiving to God. Without realizing it, I find myself giving thanks continually for the things such as running water, (hot), flushing toilets, food, shelter, bed to rest in! We are so blest! Running over.

Not to mention, spiritual blessings, like salvation, privilege to pray, worship, even speak with the Most High! Communion with the Holy Spirit.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!

Rusty

2021/4/15 11:05Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy