SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Are You Creating Counterfeit Disciples?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Are You Creating Counterfeit Disciples?

“Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3

“Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John 3:5

“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. “Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:7-8

Do we who claim Christ realize that what Jesus told Nicodemus still applies today? Only the Spirit of God can give birth to spirit. God forbid I ever tell someone they are saved based off of mouthing a prayer to Jesus! God forbid I ever tell someone they are saved, filling a quota for the month, because I do not understand the basic experiential effect concerning being born again! I don’t want people staying in the flesh, yet, believing they have arrived, they are now in Christ. Instead, I want them born again through Christ! So I tell them to keep seeking Christ in repentance! I bring them to John’s gospel, to chapter three. I tell them they must come to Christ in repentance and faith in Christ’s death and resurrection alone! That they must believe the very Word of God, that what it states is true. I have close family seeking Jesus right now – how exciting! Yet, I will not get in the way of God and say, “Yes, you have arrived!” It would be a lie from the spirit of this world! They must be born again! I see the Spirit working concerning them, but I dare not, like many church leaders today, declare them saved based off a prayer! Based off of a few words, instead of a new inward life in Christ. How many under conviction have been turned back from entering the new birth experience by one claiming them already arrived? I dare not get in the way of the Holy Spirit’s work! Are you one getting in the way of His work? Are you keeping people from entering into inward regeneration due to your lack of ever entering in yourself? There must be a new birth! If not, they are going to the lake of fire, to eternal damnation! Just as you yourself will go if you have not been born again and have not Christ living within you! It is this great lack of true regeneration within most evangelical churches within the leadership that has helped to push this dead evangelicalism to the point we have now entered into.

“He [the Holy Spirit] when He comes, will convict the world regarding sin, and righteousness, and judgment…” John 16:8

It is the Holy Spirit come from above that will convict this world through those really born again ones. Their words being empowered by Him are driven deep into the hearts of many and conviction springs forth, and many are running to Christ as a result! Not a man but to Christ, and He will hear their repentance and clean them and change them putting the Holy Spirit within them, making them new creations. It is not a work of men, but of God. It cannot be done to another by merely saying you are forgiven, or God hears you. It is an inward work and can only be rightly tested through an inward source. That source being the Holy Spirit taking up residence within!

“The Spirit [The Holy Spirit] Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.” Romans 8:16-17

The Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to the person. Inwardly they will know they are born again.

“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, this person is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

They, the person who repents and truly looks upon the risen Christ in faith, will see that “the old things [really] passed away; behold, new things have come [within them].” They will have a God given desire to get into God’s Word after being born again, born anew into the new birth. They will have a desire to pray after the new birth. They will literarily be changed inwardly. If this has not happened then all the confirmations from man are nothing, but lies. One must be born again!

How many unconverted are within churches now where a so-called leader has justified them, and declared them fit for heaven? How many have been given a counterfeit check that will not be able to be cashed on the day of Judgment? How many souls believe they have something they do not? They don’t know, because their leaders don’t know! Poor precious souls, trusting in a man, trusting in an organization to save their souls, to keep them safe in a day that that man himself will not be safe! No! Blasphemy, beware you who pronounce another man justified before a Holy God due to mere words you yourself echoed once upon a time! There is no power in titles or degrees you cloak yourself in under, believing it allows you to minister unto people from God’s treasury! Life anew in Christ – it is real it is vibrant, it is an inward change that takes place when it does occur. Chains are really broken; the captive really becomes free! Are you one taking from God’s treasury who does not experientially know God through the new birth? Repent. You are but a robber going into and picking truths up you yourself do not even comprehend the true meaning of! First you must go through the narrow gate, through Jesus Christ in repentance and faith in Him allowing Him to cleanse you and put the Holy Spirit within you!

There’s a coming judgment, and I do have tears for you, and for your congregations. I’m fearful you will keep heading the way you are going on that wide road, through a false hope, that the true gospel leaves you as you are and you will still get into heaven! Instead of truly coming to Jesus in repentance seeking entrance onto the narrow path through water and the Spirit.

Anyone seeking entrance into the Kingdom of God must first be born again, born of God! This statement is applicable to your congregation and to you in leadership over them. If you lack the new birth, repent and know that both their and your own sin-ridden spirit has to be washed and renewed by the blood. Awakened unto life through Christ, you all must receive the Holy Spirit! For no one will see the kingdom of heaven nor enter the kingdom of heaven unless they are begotten by God from on high! You all must become new creations. How, though leaders, will you understand these things, having never gone through them yourself? You must enter through Christ alone.

“Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6 And the only way one is coming through Him to God the Father is in repentance, cleansing and the new birth.

I must sit back in fear pointing this is the way; run to the crucified, resurrected Christ, believe in Him, believe His Words! In doing so, knowing it must be a work of God, and I can but watch. I can only pray from that point for those around me and continually point them to repentance based on the Words of the Bible. By faith in the very words of God, you must go to Christ in reality! No declaration will come from my mouth that any have reached that place until it is manifested in their life that they have, in fact, been born again, born anew! I will watch for evidence that they have changed from death to life and been brought into a new relationship with Jesus Christ inwardly. You though, you who declare from an alter call or a prayer that they now be in Christ, and all His promises are theirs to partake of, I urge you too look deeper! you First, examine yourself to see if the Risen Christ lives within and then, call those you lead to do the same. For it has been written, and will hold true that none will get into the kingdom of heaven that have not been born again born of God!

“…woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut the kingdom of heaven in front of people; for you do not enter it yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” Matthew 23:13

“A ruler once came to Jesus by night, To ask Him the way of salvation and light; The Master made answer in words true and plain, “Ye must be born again!” “Ye must be born again!” “Ye must be born again!” “I verily, verily say unto thee, Ye must be born again!” Ye children of men, attend to the word So solemnly uttered by Jesus, the Lord, And let not this message to you be in vain, “Ye must be born again.” Oh, ye who would enter that glorious rest, And sing with the ransomed the song of the blest; The life everlasting if ye would obtain, “Ye must be born again.” William True Sleeper

There is much more, but this is the start of the journey. This has to be experientially acquired through Christ before one can adventure farther into a real true relationship with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. One must become Born Again.

2021/4/12 18:51Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy