SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Look to God in Three

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Look to God in Three

“For false christ’s and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.” Matthew 24:24

I hate the works of our spiritual enemy. I hate deception, and hate the manipulation the forces of evil used to deceive humankind. Some things can make our hearts heavy and saddened; for me, this is one of them. As I think on the wolves in sheep’s clothing gorging themselves on souls for filthy lucre and fame, I am disheartened by the damage they do to the reputation of the true church. They are actively distributing an enormous amount of false gospels and false teachings into an already fallen world. As I think on this world, which desperately needs the genuine Christ proclaimed by His true disciples, I can’t help but pray Father would send out labors into His fields. Matthew 9:38

“Beware of the false prophets, [church of Christ] who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” Matthew 7:15

We must ensure we are looking in the right direction: Christ-ward! “Since we also have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us…” Hebrews 11:1 who should be an encouragement and testimony to us of true faith that perseveres with God in Three. Christ has warned us, “many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.” Matthew 24:11 Our dear Apostle Peter also said concerning such that, “false prophets also appeared among the people, [then in his time] just as there will also be false teachers among you, [among us, in our time] who will secretly introduce destructive heresies [contrary to what Christ and the Apostles have told us within the Bible] even denying the Master [Jesus Christ] who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.”2 Peter 2:1 However, knowing this let us steady ourselves in faith toward Christ Jesus, continually being in the Word and learning to abide in Christ more and more, and let not our prayer lives slumber! Let us ensure our own sails are set rightly for the turbulent wind coming our way.

Concerning what Peter wrote and Christ’s own severe warnings, we’re going to see brethren turning away from the faith. This faith is written down for us and hopefully already written in your hearts by the Holy Spirit. We are supposed to be living epistles brethren, bringing forth streams of living water from within us for those around us, if in fact Christ lives within us. John 7:38

I want to encourage you today through the Spirit to keep your attention on Christ and onto the very Word of God! Let us dwell “in the shelter of the Most High… abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalm 91:1 The anointing you have now, or will receive soon, keep no matter the cost. Grieve not the Holy Spirit whom you have been sealed with as a guarantee towards things to come. 1 Corinthians 1:21-23 Let it be true concerning us that, “the Lord is [our] rock and [our] fortress and [our] savior, [our] God, [our] rock, in whom [we] take refuge; [our] shield and the horn of [our] salvation, [our] stronghold.” Psalm 18:2 And this we can only do through faith.

As those before us brethren, that great cloud of witnesses, let us not draw back for, “ we are not among those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith for the safekeeping of the soul,” Hebrews 10:39 through Christ Jesus. But if God our Father calls us forward within our faith towards Christ to become even martyrs, “be faithful until death, and [Christ] will give you the crown of life.” Revelation 2:10 For “by faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.” Hebrews 11:3 And it was by faith that the great cloud of witnesses before us, walked with Him, pleasing God.

“I fear no foe with thee at hand to bless, Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness. Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if thou abide with me.” Abide with Me – Henry Francis Lyte

“… without faith it is impossible to please Him [that is God the Father], for the one who comes to God must believe that He exists, and that He proves to be One who rewards those who seek Him. By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.” Hebrews 11:4-7

By faith we’ve been warned by Christ of a time coming up where”…many will fall away [from the faith], and they will betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will rise up and mislead many people. And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will become cold. But the one who endures to the end is the one who will be saved.” Matthew 24:10-13

Though the whole world falls into the darkest hour of evil ever known. By faith, we must continue in Christ, “for we walk by faith, not by sight…” 2 Corinthians 5:7 For “faith is the certainty of things hoped for, a proof of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1 So the turmoil which is prophesied to occur all around us should not move us to despair, but only confirm the Word of God. That our great salvation is ever closer!

Moses “…by faith… when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the temporary pleasures of sin, considering the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking to the reward….” Hebrews 11:24-26

Beloved open your Bibles, sit down with the Holy Spirit and read through it’s pages with His illumination. Then let your faith in God in three swell to bursting forth unto action, unto others. For time would “fail me if I tell of [Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Abel, Enoch, Rahab, Abraham] Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets…” Hebrews 11“…God [The Father] is not ashamed to be called [that great cloud of witnesses] …God; for He has prepared a city for them.” Hebrews 11:16 And for us who will abide in Him, waiting patiently for His return, “…all these, [that great cloud of witnesses ] having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.” Hebrews 11:39-40

So “let’s rid ourselves of every obstacle and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let’s run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking only at Jesus, [again “looking only at Jesus”] the originator and perfecter of the faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12:1-3 Again, “so you will not grow weary and lose heart” brethren. Focus on Christ and abiding in Him.

“Let’s rid ourselves of every obstacle...” Hebrews 12:1 Is entertainment keeping you away from spending time in prayer with God the Father when Christ paid such an unfathomable price so you could enter the Holy of Holies? Turn that stuff off if it’s in the way of knowing the eternal God in Three! Hit the off button on those things keeping you from a truly intimate relationship with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Lets rid ourselves as well of sin “which so easily entangles us…” Has sin entangled you, keeping you away from time with God, from growing in true relationship with Him? I encourage you to repent of any sin and turn away from it, looking instead to Christ to rescue you. Grace falls on those who really desire to abide in Christ! Hebrews 12:1

William, what are you trying to say? I’m trying to encourage you to get away from the things of this sin filled world and instead, go deeper with God! Read the Word, believe the Word, and walk in the Word. Become more solid in your faith concerning Him, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

Tonight we bought the twins hair bows, clips, and other little accessories I suppose little girls enjoy playing with. As I type, they are putting them in my hair and on my wrist while I seek to, spiritually through the Holy Spirit, warn of the seriousness of our being solid in our faith in Christ. Now, before I leave the house I’m going to have to remove all of their embellishments. In a much more dire way, yes even starting tonight, we need to remove anything that does not build us up in Christ Jesus. Anything that distracts us from hearing the Holy Spirit clearly and keeps us from a solid prayer relationship with God the Father must go. So instead of getting tied up with the worldly things of this present generation, “…Let’s [instead] run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking only at Jesus, the originator and perfecter of the faith.” Hebrews 12:2 We are in a real spiritual war, church, and it’s critical we focus our attention on what truly matters before the war gets worse.

“…looking only at Jesus, the originator and perfecter of the faith…” To whom are we called to exclusively look towards? “…the Lamb that was slaughtered [who is worthy] to receive power, wealth, wisdom, might, honor, glory, and blessing.” Revelation 5:12

“…who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame…” Why? “You [Jesus Christ] were slaughtered, and You purchased people for God [the Father] with Your blood from every tribe, language, people, and nation.” Revelation 5:9b

Look to Jesus, look to our great High Priest who has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For “to Him [God the Father] who sits on the throne and to the Lamb [Christ Jesus] be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever.” Revelation 5:13

Read the Word of God through the Holy Spirit. Believe God, and walk in faith through Christ within you. Learn to abide, and hear His voice daily within your life. Grow in Him, church of Christ, to maturity in Christ Jesus. As the Lord told me a few weeks ago, ” Life is about so much more then words.” It’s also about obedience, actions based on faith to God in Three.

This journey’s going to get harder. It’s going to get darker around us. The darkness is going to engulf a great multitude. For “…there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. And those who have insight will shine like the glow of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.” Daniel 12:1-3

“,,,But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.” Matthew 24:29-31

“…I looked when [Christ] broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became as black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the eminent people, and the commanders and the wealthy and the strong, and every slave and free person hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; and they said to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the sight of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of Their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” Revelation 6:12-16

By faith, by faith in the very Words of God, and an inwardly knowing, I can proclaim that Christ, my Redeemer, is coming back! I will wait on my Lord as I’m called to stay faithful to Him. Let us make preparation for the soon coming of our Lord! By faith, get prettied up from our Bridegroom. Hallelujah, He is coming back for a spotlessly clean bride! Let Him find us beautifully adorned, in white garments and awaiting His coming! By faith, let us make ourselves ready!

2021/3/28 16:17Profile
brothagary

Re: Look to God in Three

Amen!

2021/3/28 20:03Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Look to God in Three

This dear brother is a blessing 🙏🏻
Indeed the days will get darker, and it will happen suddenly for some.
Your sadness over the deception is shared and seems to only increase...
but then you share with a brother or sister the light you’ve been given and the Holy Spirit quickens His word in them... and they begin to see Him again and hear Him again. The awareness of all that time they lived unconscious of Him in their daily lives suddenly comes into focus and with it the conviction of urgency and sobriety in tending to this matter for the time is indeed short.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

2021/3/29 14:50Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy