See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Faith as a gift ,Derek prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Platy

Re: Docs

brothagary,

Your post is massive. I didn't even know where to begin.

I think the interpretation you gave for "gain is godliness" is correct. I was using other scriptures to interpret that passage and missed the immediate context of that passage. So no Derek Prince to my knowledge is not a wolf which never even crossed my mind. I was using that phrase in a different way which is still correct in the context of other passages found elsewhere in the bible but wrong in its immediate context. I believe he is still in error.

For example, Job and his three friends. Job suffered health problems, wealth problems, and his family was destroyed. Job's three friends idea of godliness was that the evidence a man was righteous was that he was blessed. So since Job had all these disasters come on him they concluded that he was a great sinner. I'm sure we are in agreement here. Job's three friends are like the Pharisees. Job is like Jesus.

Go onto the new testament. Pharisees mock Jesus while he is on the cross. I believe the context there is if that Jesus was the Son of God then God would not allow an innocent man to be punished. Cursed is the man who hangs on a tree.

Also another good example is found in the verses below where we see the Pharisees accuse the blind man of being born in sins.

John 9:34 -
They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

Why were they accusing of him of sin? For the same reason the disciples had asked Jesus this question earlier in the chapter:

John 9: 1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

The mentality here is that the blindness was a punishment by God for sin either because the man himself sinned or his parents sinned. This was the Jewish mindset because they were under the law. Blessings for the man that keeps the law. Curses for the man that breaks the law. Its basically Judaism.

Is this not what Derek Prince is teaching here?

Address this post and I'll get to the other questions you asked. Its too much stuff to respond to at once.

2021/3/29 20:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

Brother I'm not about to enter into a debate with someone who already has made up their mind I don't do debates anymore I just speak what's on my heart and that's it. You make up your own mind what you want to believe I pulled you up because you were posting men like summarall and Prince when I knew you didn't even believe in what they taught, which for lack of a better word and don't take it the wrong way is hypocrisy but I don't think that bothers you too much so you can just think about what I've posted I will leave it at that hey, but I will say Derek Prince taught that healing was part of the atonement, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at are you saying that God doesn't chastise with sickness or punish with sickness and death because it clearly says that in Paul's letters that he does if you partake of the bread and wine in unworthy manner, he said many a sick and some are even dead because they did not discern the body of christ, not sure what you mean by Jewish mindset are you saying the Old testament was wrong because it literally says that those that obey the law god wouldn't bring any of the sicknesses on them but if they broke the law they would get sick and punished with death and all sorts of stuff so if you're saying that sort of stuff is wrong or what you mean. I don't know what you're trying to get at like I said I'm not going to sit here a waste my time debating because there is a fine line between exhorting one another daily as we're called to do by the apostle Paul and falling into sin and having arguments which is a fruitless discussion and I learnt years ago not to fall for any of that stuff especially when someone is expecting you to enter into a debate this is not exhorting one another daily. I say things to induce thought or to encourage and occasionally rebuke and reprove, and I really only said something to you because you put your opinion in my post which I think I'm entitled to say a couple of things one more thing I will say is you just cherry-picking versus when you do that I could literally talk for hours many hours about healing being in the atonement and how God punishes and chastises with sickness it's literally New testament doctrine but I would rather actually write a proper topic about that and post a topic or answer someone's question that might ask me a question like Billy or somebody else and then somebody that might want to know about this rather than argue about it if you know what I'm saying, May god bless us all with more knowledge and more wisdom and spiritual understanding that our eyes may be enlightened in Jesus name amen

2021/3/30 1:40Profile
Platy

Re:

No what I was getting at was that not all blessing is a sign of godliness and that not all setbacks are a sign of godlessness. I should have stated it clearer. See Psalm 37 and 73 as well as the other passages I've already stated in my previous post.

Deuteronomy is one of my favorite books. There is a lot of practical advice in there but I don't believe following it is going to result in physical blessings all the time.

Healing in the atonement is a secondary issue. I know we had a disagreement before. I can listen to and follow people who taught that and other things and not agree with it as long as its not something serious. Also you stated in this thread you disagreed with Prince on something and yet listen to him. Would that be hypocritical as well?

Anyway I'll end the discussion here if you don't want to continue.

2021/3/30 4:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

I actually corrected my self by saying I more then likely took him out of context prince that is and gave him benefit of doubt,that I'm not really understanding what he believed regarding that verses that, yea don't think it be a great idea to continue , because either I'm not understanding at all the points your making,or your not being clear,either way brother i don't think either of us are going to learn anything new or change the mind of each other...

2021/3/30 5:27Profile
Platy

Re:

Also in addition to Psalm 37 and 73 read Job 20. Note Job 20:28 "in the day of his wrath". The waiting in Psalm 37 and 73 I believe is in reference to judgement day.

All three passages are talking about the same thing.

2021/3/30 5:29Profile
brothagary

Re:

Why don't you start another topic and it might make it easier because you can be specific about the points your trying to make and others can join in and contribute as well?

2021/3/30 5:36Profile
Platy

Re:

Sorry correction to the last post not Job 20 that was spoken by Job's friend. I meant Job 21 which was Job's speech and the verse to note there is Job 21:30.

Job 21:30 -
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

2021/3/30 5:39Profile
brothagary

Re:

platy you said ....Reply To This Post |
No what I was getting at was that not all blessing is a sign of godliness and that not all setbacks are a sign of godlessness. I should have stated it clearly. See Psalm 37 and 73 as well as the other passages I've already stated in my previous post........ Brother i just to want to be clear that I agree with the above statement you made whole heartedly, Jesus said he makes it rain on the just and the unjust. and when a babe in christ who paul said was carnal receives chastisement, its clearly a blessing, and when god allows massive trial to upon a good Christian who is relatively a mature saint its clearly a blessing in disguise, to create a deeper dependence and trigger off more prayer, we learn obedience through the things we suffer, its a time to grow and put of childish things. when this happens its a chastisement which we need to grow, god doesn't chastise us for no reason, he who suffers ceases from sin........ the results of suffering is so we stop sinning, so I'm not saying that the gospel promises a life free of suffering, which I'm sure some of those word of faithers preached , Job was being perfected through trials,he became more righteous and trusting, God chastises the righteous man as well because we all need the rod sometimes not just the staff.........1Therefore since Christ suffered [a]for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

2021/3/31 3:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy