SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Faith as a gift ,Derek prince

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Platy

Re:

Brothagary,

What would you do with 1 Timothy 6:4-9?

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

Especially the phrase "supposing that gain is godliness"?

If that is what Prince taught then he is basically teaching that gain is godliness.

2021/3/28 16:04Profile
docs

Re:

The original OP was about the gift of faith and its manifestations. I'm not really complaining, just reminding.I bet you've also got many good comments in you about it.

2021/3/28 16:27Profile
brothagary

Re:

If you have a desire in your heart to be rich you have fallen into the snare of the devil period I don't think being prosperous means being rich otherwise it would contradict the rest of the scripture, but being prosperous enough to have a church in your own house what they did in the New testament would be nothing wrong with that if you wanted to do home church and have enough room to be able to even do ministry and have your own ministry where you go out onto the streets and help the Poor there'd be nothing wrong with being prosperous enough to have those visions in mind ,seek first the kingdom of heaven and all those things will be added into your life, and even have a property and then to have enough room on that property to be able to set up small units where you could help orphans and widows in their afflictions this would be a good vision. to some they would also say to be prosperous enough to adopt a few children no point condemning abortion if one's not prepared to look after the The Lost fatherless children, dream big brother let God put those dreams in your heart don't dream small and keep a poverty vision where you've just can't even flat out put in an offering of 10% Tith, let God put the visions in your heart stop letting you poverty theology keep your poor God might have great plans for you might plan for you two to give 50 to $100,000 a year to support missions and further the gospel to feed pastors in poor countries in Africa,let God put the visions and dreams in your heart and he will cause you to dream big don't hold onto a limiting theology that's going to keep you believing that poverty and just scraping by is what God wants for you yeah you know what, he will teach you to be satisfied with not much like the apostle Paul.I hope the holy spirit teaches us to all to be satisfied whith is the shirt on our back and food ,and he does, I believe he does do that but just remember that Paul knew how to abound which is being prosperous and to have enough, but all so he could share and be a blessing financial blessing to others, Jesus said if someone wants to borrow off you, I mean you don't have enough money to be able to lend people that's not right ,there is going to be enough poor people out there in the future, how is it possible to be a blessing unless you're prospered but according to your faith let it be done to you you're faith will limit you or it will release blessing in your own life but never desire to be rich because those that desire to be rich have already fallen into the snare of the devil and have been taken captive already to do his will, this is just a flesh those that put to death the flesh put off the old man they don't desire to be rich they desire to be a blessing to others and their own families Paul even expected us to look after our uncles and aunties we truly can be a father to the poor and help many people but it takes income money to be able to do that it's about fulfilling all those scriptures rather than taking scripture out of context to suit a limited understanding like the pagans the gentiles always worried about these things but seek first the kingdom of heaven your father knows what it is you need and all these things will be added into your life even before we ask. We don't even need to pray for stuff like this he will add it into your life if you want to be a blessing to as many people as possible he will use you like he's used millions of other Christians but your faith will be the catalyst to bring you into this blessing and enable you to be a blessing two others or your Faith will limit you so that you just scrape by and you feel guilty that you can't even give enough to the church and you can't even buy the groceries for that old man thatold pensioner who's got hardly anything and you see him when you're at the shops your heart goes out to him but you don't even have enough money to help, You get to choose do you want to be a blessing or do you want to just scrape by and then glorify poverty because that's your life just on the edge of poverty all the time.No God wants us to be prosperous in all things but content with nothing because it'll be through trials that you'll learn patience and contentment with having very little but when he's seen that you've learned the lesson of contentment and patience and praising and glorifying God in all things he will raise you up out of that but only if you believe.....

2021/3/28 18:27Profile
brothagary

Re:

These are the things you are to teach and insist on. 3If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

The context here brother is teachers using their positions to gain money, and that is the reason they pursued the office of a teacher or paster, clearly, they are either not Christians as you can see by the fruit described above or they are babes in christ being carnal, which i doubt, its is why Paul said to avoid them, they sound like wolves, no if you think Derik prince is a wolf, you make that call, but also remember David Wilkinson was no poor man but very prosperous, and so is paul washer and most of the well knowen reformed teachers ........John Piper. .
John MacArthur. John MacArthur is the head pastor at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. He, like John Piper,
Francis Chan. Francis Chan was the head pastor at Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, CA. His style of preaching is a mix of charisma, creativity, intellect and seriousness all wound into one.
Chuck Swindoll. Chuck Swindoll,,,,you better do as paul said and avoid all of them cause they all make more then a living out of the gospel .Brother can actually recommend a good preacher to me please that you listen to that does not make a good living out of the gospel

2021/3/28 18:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

Platy do you think you paster is prospered or poor with just a shirt and a bit of food

2021/3/28 18:58Profile
billy1980

Re:

“Paul establishes two important practical points concerning these gifts. First, they are distributed solely at the discretion of the Holy Spirit, according to His sovereign purpose for each believer. Human will or achievement are not the basis for receiving these spiritual gifts. Secondly, they are given “to each one... for the common good”—for a useful, practical purpose. As Bob Mumford has said, the gifts of the Spirit are tools, not toys.”

Amen, very edifying, thanks for posting brother. I’ll read this one a few times!

2021/3/28 19:26Profile
brothagary

Re:

It may be the only place I disagree with prince if i understand him correctly that he means we play no role in receiving the gifts of the spirit, I think paul made it clear that we are to desire the gifts till we get the ones we want and then gods sovereignty in a group setting will empower or light up gift as he wills for the edification of others for the spirit blows where it wills in that regard ..these scriptures indicate we can covet any of the gifts. . . 1cor12 31But eagerly desire the greater gifts. And now I will show you the most excellent way.
·

1 Corinthians 14:1
Earnestly pursue love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.

1 Corinthians 14:39
So, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

2021/3/28 19:52Profile
billy1980

Re:

Could it be that the Holy Spirit gives us each a gift, as we enter the body of Christ. Being mere babes in Christ, then as we grow more mature. The Holy Spirit encourages us through His Word to ask or even desire inwardly the greater gifts seen within the Word to help the body grow more fully into maturity in Christ?

2021/3/28 20:14Profile
brothagary

Re:

For sure billy i may be taking prince out of the full context of his wisdom and scripture understanding, he more than likely would have taken those scriptures I posted at face value, they seem to clearly telling us to desire the greater gifts. I think if we consider the baptism in the spirit as second work of God , we either receive the gift of tongues and or prophecy when the spirit comes upon us , because the evidence seems to be either one is manifest at that time automatically according to our faith or what we believe, acts mentions that , I think when someone believes that they will receive only the gift of tongues at the spirit baptism that may be all they receive at that time , when someone is freshly born-again before baptism in the spirit they probably receive the gift of mercy, being that we have literally received mercy from God in the application of regeneration, one of the apostles said we love because he first loved us the gifts of the spirit are clearly the manifestation of us "being made partakers of the divine nature, and is gods practical hand forming us into the image of christ, it starts at regeneration or slightly before and ends in one scence when we are made into as the bible says a perfect man ,but in another scence ends in the twinkling of eye when we see him ,for the we will be like him ,and we will know him ,even as we are known .that wich is in part wich are the gifts of the spirit will be done away with ,and we will put on immortality paul said .What a day that will when comes

2021/3/28 21:53Profile
billy1980

Re:

“...in the twinkling of an eye when we see Jesus ,for then we will be like him ,and we will know him ,even as we are known .that which is in part which are the gifts of the spirit will be done away with ,and we will put on immortality paul said .What a day that will be when it comes.” Amen brother!

2021/3/29 0:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy