SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Nine Divine Exchanges Made at the Cross

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Nine Divine Exchanges Made at the Cross

All the evil due, by justice, to come to us came on Jesus, so that all the good due to Jesus, earned by His sinless obedience, might be made available to us.

1) Jesus was punished that we might be forgiven.

2) Jesus was wounded that we might be healed.

3) Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness that we might be made righteous with His righteousness.

4) Jesus died our death that we might share His life.

5) Jesus was made a curse that we might share the blessing.

6) Jesus endured our poverty that we might share His abundance.

7) Jesus bore our shame that we might share His glory.

8) Jesus endured our rejection that we might enjoy His acceptance.

9) Our old man died in Christ that the new man might live in us.

(From "Bought with Blood: The Divine Exchange at the Cross" - by Derek Prince)

2021/3/27 13:11Profile
brothagary

Re: Nine Divine Exchanges Made at the Cross

Amen

2021/3/28 20:06Profile
billy1980

Re:

Humbling, straight to the point, and empowering to think over through and in Christ. One could spend much time searching within scripture, and diving through the Spirit deeply into each point.

2021/3/28 20:27Profile
docs

Re: Lament because of a Decline

In the closing years of his long and extraordinary life, Derek Prince lamented more than once what he saw as a decline in bold preaching focused on the cross. He saw Jesus' sacrifice as central to every aspect of the Christian life. In fact, to a group of ministry supporters and friends he once wrote:

"Anywhere I go, if I have the choice and opportunity to deal seriously with a group of people, it is my committed intention always to begin with the cross."

"And I would like to say to those of you who are preaching and ministers, do not leave the cross out of your preaching. When you do, you are like the drill sergeant giving excellent orders to people without the power to carry them out. That power comes only from the cross."

"In my preaching I remember the words of Paul in I Corinthians 2: 'I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified....My speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power.'"

(From the Introduction - "Bought with Blood: The Divine Exchange at the Cross" - by Derek Prince - copyright 2000)

2021/3/30 12:11Profile
brothagary

Re:

If one died for all then all have died, this part of the cross also needs to be preached and taught as the apostle Paul did, we see it through his letters, the deeper meaning of the cross, and our co crucifixion a life of deeper sanctification comes through reckoning your selfs dead,.............10 The death He died, He died to sin once for all, but the life He lives, He lives to God. 11So you too must count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.… Paul preached Jesus christ plus him crucified, There a lot to be said about the two subjects, Jesus Christ in you the hope of glory him we preach warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man perfect in Jesus Christ, Paul said that the mystery of godliness, that has been revealed to the apostles and the prophets, Paul said it so we should preach it, that we might grow in grace, to the perfect man to the measure of the stature of the fullness in Jesus Christ, That we should be no longer be tossed to and frow and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by the cunning craftiness of deceit plotting. A spiritual man judges all things and can discern good from evil. Jesus Christ and him crucified needs to be preached. All wisdom and knowledge flow from the doctrine of Christ, via the route of sanctification, not bible study alone with the motivation to gain knowledge. Knowledge puffs up love edifies the spirit and the soul.. and God is love and all the fullness of Godhead dwelled in Jesus in bodily form, him being formed in us is the objective, of preaching Christ and him crucified. let us move on from bible stories and learn christ the mystery, that was hidden from the ages but has now been revealed in these last days through the apostle's doctrine. Read your Bible through from cover to cover, but don't miss the hidden mystery, of Jesus Christ and him crusafied .

2021/3/31 5:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy