SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : May His Presence be this precious to each of us...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 May His Presence be this precious to each of us...

“I don’t know if you’'ve heard or remember the story of Andrew Murray that brother Keith Daniel shared, but I heard it, and I took that thing and buried it in my heart as soon as I heard it. Andrew Murray, old, Andrew Murray, walking down the street in Cape Town. [He had] Just locked up the church and he was heading home, walking down the street in Cape Town. Old man, he had been walking with God like John the apostle for many years, and all of the sudden...

You see, everybody looked at this old man. When Andrew Murray walked down the street in Cape Town, everybody stopped and looked. “There goes Andrew Murray. And Andrew Murray is walking down the street, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he falls down on the ground.

Oh, everybody’s shocked and they all go run over to the other side of the street. “Our dear, precious Andrew Murray, he fell! A policeman got there before all of the other people did and helped Andrew Murray up onto his feet and he was just kind of embarrassed and flustered, and he said, “"Mr. Murray, what is wrong?!”" And he said, “"Oh, it’s nothing." “"No, Mr. Murray, what is wrong? You must tell me. I’m not going to let you go”." He was afraid maybe he had heart attack or something like that.

Andrew Murray had to bow his heart, and here are these people standing around him, and he said with tears running down his face, “"For a moment there, I lost the consciousness of the presence of God. It so shocked me, I lost my balance and fell down. Please forgive me everyone,”" (He apologized to everyone there) “"I lost the consciousness of the presence of God, and it so shocked me I fell to the ground."

Where do you think he was in that River? Ankles, knees, hips, [or] swimming? I think he was swimming. He was swimming.”

- Denny Kenaston

From a sermon entitled "Walking in the Overwhelming Presence of God"

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2050

2021/3/26 15:48Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: May His Presence be this precious to each of us...

Now that is what I am after, to get to the place where we are always aware of God’s presence, and when we don’t sense His presence, may we seek God as to why. We must be cautious not to be led by our feelings, but to believe that Christ lives in us and we are in Him.

2021/3/26 15:59Profile
billy1980

Re:

Amen

2021/3/26 16:25Profile
brothagary

Re:

This has happed a few times in the last two months it's a scary and upsetting experience for me when I wake in the morning after not getting up during the night to do my devotionals, that the presence of God seems not tangible, it's hard to describe the feeling, I don't want to do anything, I feel like I'm a sook, like a child who has had his favorite toy confiscated combined with fear it's not a good feeling at all, even guilt and a little despair strikes at my heels, but I found whatever it is that causes it whether it be sin or an attack from unclean spirits, faith brings me back into his presence, I start to declare the truth, I am blessed and protected by the power of the holy spirit, in the name of Jesus, I repeat that also as a prayer to God, and say amazing things have happened in the name of Jesus, and amazing things are about to happen in the name of Jesus, and I throw out a command or two to any unclean spirit that might be around me, to go, i deliberatly excreise my faith that he has given me wile doing that , and so far in the last three months his presence always manifests its self again with joy unspeakable , or peace that passes all understanding ,i cant handle him not being manifest with me ,being not stasfied is utterly an understatment. oh ps, I ask him to forgive me of any sin as well.

2021/3/26 20:30Profile
brothagary

Re:

This story and topic causes me to weep, and pray because just the thought of him leaving me is too much to deal with , because I know I would have died or taken my own life without him, he saved me from so much in the beginning, and then he saved me out of my trial, words can't describe the feeling of helplessness, and neediness that the spirit induces in me...I literally have no hope without his presence.

2021/3/26 20:41Profile
billy1980

Re:

“...an attack from unclean spirits...” Brother Gary I’ve experienced this as of late, quite a few times. One night I turned on a prayer video from Sermon Index by Milton green. I think that’s his name and prayed through with him and that was that and felt our Lord’s presence strong again. I’m getting to the point now if I’m in prayer and inwardly detect an unclean spirit around i know it’s more then just me thinking about it all of a sudden. I claim Christ precious blood and command them to leave in Jesus name. Thanks for posting this sister. It’s very helpful as I seek to abide in the anointing. I feel like I’m on a toddler bicycle with training wheels. Praise be to our great God in Three and the love and patience they show us.

Added: I’m totally dependent to brother Gary and I can’t live this life without His presence! My need is total.

2021/3/26 20:50Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen Billy, to cessationists we sound like crackpots talking about demons and unclean spirits, but they still exist whether they like it or not and didn't end with the twelve apostles or the canonization of the bible, and normally its ether sin or spirits of fear or spirits of some sort that causes us to experience a detachment from gods manifest presence, or god sometimes plays hard to get for lake of a better term which he does so that use our faith to seek him out which ends up garnishing more trust in him, and the process of gaining victory in all things, for he has overcome the world and all authority in heaven and earth is given to him, and he is the head of the body which is the church, and he will not leave parts of his body in bondage or tormented for the sake torment. Truth sets us free and we will know the truth in this last hour , it is his will, to cleanse his bride,, faith!,, we just believe and trust him and He will do the work in us.

2021/3/26 21:40Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy