See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Missing Link

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Caleb

You wrote; “ Fletcher and Platy, when you say truth is revealed through the written word, can you unpack that further for me? “

And again; “ Can you share with me any place in the Bible where Christ Jesus himself said that he is revealed through the written word? “

This will ultimately come down to our understanding of the trinity...
(for me) the logos & rhema aren’t separate but are one just as the Father, Son, Holy Ghost are one. In Jesus most intimate prayer, (Jhn:17) He prayed that we would be one just as they are one and that the love wherewith God loved Him, would be in us. Romans 5:5 states that this love that Jesus prayed for in Jhn 17 has been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost. The same Holy Spirit that authored the New Covenant in written form through yielded vessels. So (for me) every word on every page of the entire NC is Jesus Himself speaking, confirming His word, His eternal indestructible life, His word is light and life. In my personal experience, which seems consistent with scriptural accounts, the more i am willing to stay in the written word, the “richer” I am towards God,... in that He can and does open His word, giving light and life to them both when reading and in communion. This assists me in understanding and knowing Him. When He speaks to me, He often uses Biblical references providing context (narrative) which in all cases either changes or refines my understanding and this too serves to assist me in my quest to know Him.
(for me) John 1 makes this clear, “ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Do you see it... they are one.
The written form helps point us to the revealed form, also serving to confirm one another as one. We are told to test one with the other, lest we get seduced.and led astray.

I hope that helps to clarify 🙏🏻

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.😇 [favorite scripture]

2021/3/25 22:07Profile
billy1980

Re:

Amen brother Fletcher! We need both..

2021/3/25 23:06Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy