SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Missing Link

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Platy I give this to you to pray over. I do not know what message our Lord will give me as I stay in prayer with Him, nor do I know bit by bit how He will form the message. Until He has completed it. I only seek to listen as He directs and be empty before Him, and let Him lead me fully in all.
Depending continually on abiding in His presence and as I spend time with Him asking for spiritual food from heaven.

I will start my reply to you with brother Tyndale

"And as the circumcised in the flesh, and not in the heart, have no part in God's good promises; even so they that be baptized in the flesh, and not in heart, have no part in Christ's blood." William Tyndale (1494–1536)

"When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is about to disappear." Hebrews 8:13

"You examine the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those very Scriptures that testify about Me [Christ Jesus]..." John 5:39

"The one who eats [Christs] flesh and drinks [Christs] blood remains in Me, and I in him." John 6:56

"But as for me [The apostle Paul], may I never boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world...." Galatians 6:14

"...to whom God willed to make known what the wealth of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles is, the mystery that is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:22

As i sit here today at work, Feeling the precious Holy Spirit with me as I carefully seek to reply to you. I wish to direct your attention to the old covenant taught in must churches. I have set in many a service under such teaching. The Spirit burned and burned within me until inwardly almost exploding I would have to speak with them concerning the old covenant teach given on different things. I did not realize the reasons behind this inward burning developing for years. I use to think I was defective some how. I would seek to ignore the inward urge to try to enjoy the messages. I truly wanted to sit and take part in fellowship. I love our God in Three!

Now concerning these old covenant teachings.

Heavenly Father put a guard upon my mouth so I speak what you wish and not for any other reason. Holy Spirit give me the words as you would have me say them, in Jesus name.

These teachings come from Bible colleges, one cannot teach the new covenant brought through Christ, when one has not experience the cross that reveals that new covenant. It is seen only by those crucified, regenerated, changed inwardly by the Spirit of Christ taking up residence within us after true repentance and faith in Christ finished work. Then the experiential journey of looking back and coming to maturity, understanding what all happened on that cross begins, given by revelation through God the Father to reveal Christ within us more fully.

The answer platy is not that the Bible is in error it is perfect, the problem is the way the Bible is interpreted. Two Covenants. One will lead to the Lake of fire, while the other covenant through Christ leds to eternal life.

The answer is the cross, you see through the cross we have regeneration, or the new birth experience. It is there that the huge difference lies. Without such an experience occurring one is blind, still under the old law. Seeing everything darkly, putting their hope in the shadow that was brought forth as in expectation of that which was to come, and has happened before our very eyes. Though Christ be pushed back into that old covenant, He does not fit there rightly amidst that old covenant theology. So the message of forgiveness is taught through the precious blood, but then the old covenant does not provide farther development. Christ has been replaced with the sacrifice of lambs, but the rest has been kept in that old covenant setting. Instead of actually moving into the New Covenant which is a better covenant, a better way through Christ Jesus. Christ says come to Him, the Holy Spirit says let me teach you, and God the Father says this is the only way. Look too and follow Christ.

Look to Christ, look to the cross, and be saved from this wicked generation. Be born anew and let us grow in maturity in and through Christ Jesus as we look continually to Christ Jesus and that self life crucified with Christ so long ago, if Christ truly lives within us.

Platy this will be my only response. I post it in love and humility in full dependence on God in three whom we both are accountable to.

in Love, through Christ,

William

2021/3/25 14:39Profile
brad1996

Re: The Missing Link

Well said brother William.

2021/3/25 14:40Profile

Re:

Right when I saw Platy's follow up question, my mind went to the same answer as Fletcher gave, which is that truth is a person, and it is Christ Jesus!

John 14:6 testifies to this!

In my experience, the revelation of this truth, Christ Jesus himself, comes by the Holy Spirit.

Fletcher and Platy, when you say truth is revealed through the written word, can you unpack that further for me?

Platy, you said the Bible. Fletcher, I assume that's what you meant too?

Can you share with me any place in the Bible where Christ Jesus himself said that he is revealed through the written word?

I can only recall one passage off the top of my head that even comes close.

It is John 5:39-47 where Christ Jesus talks about scriptures revealing himself, using language about the scriptures such as "it is they that bear witness about me"....

My take away from that is that Christ Jesus is giving us insight into the fact that whatever he (they) deemed as "Scripture" at the time, bore witness about him, and he even went on to mention Moses specifically (so I'm thinking he is referencing the Torah).

The reason I mention all this is because my confidence in the New Testament as being legitimate "scripture" (i.e. sanctioned by Christ Jesus as true, in the same manner as the Torah for example) is being challenged.

I love you all very much and am so thankful for this forum, and the saints who post/read here so faithfully.

2021/3/25 14:44
Platy

Re:

William,

You said in your sermon that knowledge is devilish that is the point of the discussion here. I'm not talking about old and new covenant theology or the cross.

What do you with Tyndale whose training involved being sent to the finest schools at the time? If you look at the man's life it is very clear God planned his life and became a scholar whose main purpose was to translate the bible.

Did God in his providence plan his training?

When people attack scholarship and biblical learning they fail to realize it wasn't laymen who God used to get them the bible. It was scholars and trained men. When you make such statements you attack and divide the body of Christ.

2021/3/25 15:11Profile
Platy

Re:

Caleb,

"The reason I mention all this is because my confidence in the New Testament as being legitimate "scripture" (i.e. sanctioned by Christ Jesus as true, in the same manner as the Torah for example) is being challenged."

What are your concerns here or what is shaking your confidence here?

I'll try and answer the questions in your post in a bit.

2021/3/25 15:22Profile
brothagary

Re: The Missing Link

Amen Billy I think the two major problems that we have here is many are not regenerate at all and have never been born again and are foreign to the workings of the holy spirit and others have been born again but are like the church at Corinth carnal or babes in Christ and haven't learnt to crucify the flesh properly yet and haven't matured. the Bible says that a mature Saint knows good from evil but a baby who only drinks milk does not know good from evil and they remain carnal or are carnal still, Christ is not fully formed in them and they haven't had the revelations that they died with Christ and is no longer them who live but christ who lives in them, they know this with head knowledge but they haven't experienced it and both types of people are elevated into teaching positions and pastural positions and these days you get prophets also who are carnal they haven't learnt how to die daily, these haven't let go off the world so they haven't died to sin but they're genuine Christian still that should never be in a position of teaching never be given a platform people are missing what Paul states is a truth, which is we did die with Christ but that needs to be experienced as a revelation and not just with head knowledge and this is where they experience the knowledge that puffs up and miss the love that edifies part you can be full of knowledge but if the love, the agappe love of god is not flowing freely through us knowledge just serves to puff us up and make us proud and and doesn't actually help us that much I think it normally does take a fair while for a Christian to experience the truly crucified life where they experiences the circumcision made not with hands but the putting off of the fleshly nature where it's cut from us. some would call it entire sanctification where we w start to walk in a type of holiness and communion with God that we never knew in our new birth and being broken by the holy spirit is the beginning of that process and he continually breaks us down and where's the crucifying of the flesh takes place and the putting to death the deeds of the body happen. If you buy the spirit do put to death the deeds of the body you will live it's all done through the workings of the holy spirit by faith and many people don't believe like you said and they can only get to this place if they believe they dont have to hold on to some sort of sinful nature, but actually believe that the old man died and that sinful nature died with him it is no longer I who live anymore I was crucified with Christ if one died for all then all died and Paul new these truths he experienced those truths. Bad theology can stop us from getting to that place of holiness because sanctification is by faith just as our justification is by faith and many people are walking in justification but have never been entirely sanctify so I think regeneration and the crucified life are two different things or we can experience regeneration quite easily and yet be carnal babes in Christ I think it's Hebrews that talks about that how the baby who drinks just milk who's not on solid food does not know good from evil now he doesn't know good from evil he doesn't know how to crucify evil sin in his own life this is why good theology and good preaching, holiness preaching is required for the babe in Christ to move into maturity a lot of theology evevates the man Christ to an unattainable example ,too where they worship him and just grovel at his feet, yet we are to worship him and i do grovel at his feet , what the Bible does say is that disciple is not greater than his master but when he has been taught he becomes just like his master and this is hard for well impossible for the flesh and very hard for the carnal babe to accept so they reject the idea of becoming like Christ because they enjoy worshiping him and keeping him up there as God without realising that not only was he god but he was fully man and he did his is work on the earth as a man as the second Adam who is the heavenly man who is our father for we were born not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible seed and that incorruptible see we are born of by the word of God which liveth and a bites forever is who we now are and so we are to be every bit like Jesus Christ without question without doubt and we attain to these levels of holiness through faith believing and trusting that gods going to take us there that's what it means for Christ to be fully formed in us and that's what it means for us to be dead. Adam's dead so are we and that old flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of heaven it was sowen in a fleshy body but it will be raised as a spiritual body it will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, it's gone never to be seen again it's like a cut Rose it's been cut from the plant we've been cut from Adam and grafted in to the vine of the heavenly man and we become one plant with him and we partake of the richness of that heavenly sap we have been partakers of the divine nature we do not have to be partakers of the sinful nature we must choose and recognise that that it is dead and the more we understand who we are The Power of the flesh fades away, in me that is in my flesh Paul said nothing good dwells we don't have to live there anymore the problem with preaching in the pulpit is they are not preaching these truths these are the truths that are life these are the truths that penetrate these are the truths that cut into that flesh and wound it and we come to a point where people are able to put to death all the deeds of the body every single Deed of the body and every evil thought that is contrary to the mind of the spirit. One thing I know with all my heart is God is raising up pastors and teachers who will teach these truths and who will Shepherd The flock Of God in the truth of the spirit this is going to happen and this is started to happen already and the revival when it comes will be all about this, this is why this will be a new generation of preachers and teachers and Christians the last days fruit will be gods best fruit we've come out of the Dark ages thanks to men like Luther but the darkness will be very dark in the last days God is going to raise up his church to really be Christ-like . Paul talks about this but that's what the gifts of the spirit was designed for, till we all come to the knowledge of the son of God to the perfect man to the measure and stature of the fullness of Jesus Christ then that which is perfect will come and then that which is in part will be done away with we prophesy in part we teach in part but then he appears
, but before he comes he will prepare a bride a spotless mature bride and then that which is in part will be done away with....

2021/3/25 19:01Profile
brothagary

Re:

Caleb, you walk on shaky ground,when you believe that the gospel is not legitimate, Jesus said that he had many more things to teach but the apostles could not handle it, so he sent the spirit and what we have as the written word of god is those things, revelations that the spirit gave the apostles,in acts it is called the apostles' doctrine , and the disciples all continued in it, don't let faith waver on this brother, many found themselves a ship wreak because of losing confidence in the gospel ..........john 16.12 I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it. 13However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.…

2021/3/25 19:44Profile
Platy

Re: Caleb

"Fletcher and Platy, when you say truth is revealed through the written word, can you unpack that further for me?

Platy, you said the Bible. Fletcher, I assume that's what you meant too?

"Can you share with me any place in the Bible where Christ Jesus himself said that he is revealed through the written word?"

When you ask the question about "Can you share with me any place in the Bible where Christ Jesus himself said that he is revealed through the written word?" where are you looking for the answer/truth?

2021/3/25 19:45Profile
brothagary

Re:

1thes 5;26 Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. 27I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers. 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.… Colossians 4:16
After this letter has been read among you, make sure that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans, and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea.

2021/3/25 19:46Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Platy I changed that one part. Thank you for the correction. Brother Gary thank you for your comments. Brethren concerning all things let us move forward focusing and growing in our knowledge of Jesus in a real living relationship. Allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us the Word and produce in us Christ likeness, As we learn to abide more and more in Christ through our prayer lives and our obedience to God the Father.

Added: Platy our Lord was not happy with me for taking that out. I had to repent for it. Knowledge that does not lead to regeneration in Christ is devilish! It is better the whole world hate me, and I keep God's presence, then to be praised by all man and have not the presence of God with me. Knowledge that does not lead to regeneration in and through Christ work on the cross, leads to hell! The Pharisees will testify of this one day.

2021/3/25 21:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy