SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival is coming Prophetic word from Kenneth Hagin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: NOT borderline heretical...damnably heretical

Testimony of former follower -

I sat under the teaching of Kenneth Hagin for fourteen years. Over these years I read most of his writings, attended his school, sat in his classes and listened to hundreds of his sermons on both CD and tape.

Nothing in my experience as a Christian has damaged me more. I am not alone. Millions of others have been led a stray by this very popular and false teacher who has reproduced himself in other ministers such as Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Mark Hankins, Frederick Price, Michael Murdock and Joyce Meyers.

His teachings are extremely dangerous because of four basic reasons:

1) He teaches Scripture out of context. He only uses Scripture to fit his doctrines and stories. Not reading Scripture in the context of which it was written is the fastest way into error.

2) Many of his writings were stolen from EW Kenyon. Kenneth Hagin plagiarized massive amounts of Kenyon’s writings. EW Kenyon started out as a Free Will Baptist, but became a passionate student of Christian Science and New Age teachings. He attended a New Age college and was seen at many lectures. He blended Christianity with New Age, Christian Science and Eastern Religion. Hagin then plagiarized these writings for years.

3) Kenneth Hagin also taught the Bible in light of the eight visitations that he claimed to have received from Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith also claimed extra revelations. Kenneth Hagin taught for decades, using his claimed visions to back up his spin on Scriptures. The Apostle Paul warned against this in the First Chapter of Galatians. Hagin taught on many things which are never taught in Scripture.

4) Kenneth Hagin claimed to be a Prophet and claimed to have been to Heaven and Hell where he received special revelation and instruction from Jesus. Kenneth Hagin would warn his students and followers with many horror stories and testimonies from those who would not receive him. This has resulted in thousands of honest and sincere Christians to become brainwashed and manipulated. The Word of Faith has become a dangerous cult that controls it’s members with spiritual intimidation and erroneous, manipulative teaching from Scripture that has been twisted out of its intended context.

2021/3/25 9:04Profile
Platy

Re:

#2 is correct. He plagiarized E.W. Kenyon's work who was a new age guy or predecessor to it.

See "A Different Gospel" by D.R. McConnell (a pentecostal scholar).

I've only read the first few chapters of the book but that was enough for me. In one of the chapters he "copies and pastes" E.W. Kenyon's writings and then does the same with Hagin's writings. It is literally word for word. You can see it for yourself. Kenyon's daughter was upset because Hagin took credit for her father's work.

So we can also add dishonesty into the picture here. And this man is considered the father of the word of faith movement.

2021/3/25 9:12Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

You can always find critics of Kenneth Hagin, but there are many more that have bee greatly helped by his teachings. I have been to many of his camp meetings in Tulsa, and I know what he teaches. He was very knowledgeable of the Word of God, and was led by the Spirit. I am not defending those faith teachers that did get in error. I am in contact with many pastors and leaders, elders that speak with authority and they will tell you that Kenneth Hagin had a great positive influence in their life. I can say the same. I don’t get my information from the heresy hunters, but from the Word and the Spirit, and having walked with the Lord for 48 years now.

2021/3/25 9:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But Mike how can you justify what is seen in the video that Savannah posted? It’s absurd and possibly evil.

2021/3/25 22:03Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

The trouble with us is that we've preached a 'cross' religion, and we need to preach a 'throne' religion. By that I mean that people have thought they were supposed to remain at the cross. Some have received the baptism in the Holy Spirit, have backed up to the cross, and have stayed there ever since...The cross is actually a place of defeat, whereas the Resurrection is a place of triumph. When you preach the cross, you're preaching death, and you leave people in death.
Book: by Kenneth E Hagin entitled: The Believer's Authority, page 16 Published: 1986.

Vs

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And

1 Cor. 1:23,24 “...we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”

“The believer is as much an incarnation of God as Jesus Christ ... If we ever wake up and realize who we are, we'll start doing the work that we're supposed to do. Because the church hasn't realized yet that they are Christ. That's who they are. They are Christ.
Book: by Hagin entitled: The Incarnation, The Word of Faith, cited in Christianity in Crisis, p. 175/397 Published: December 1980.

Vs

Matthew 24:23. “ At that time if anyone says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or, `There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.”

2021/3/25 23:29Profile
savannah

Re: KH witness 2

David Wilkerson warned of such men as KH -

https://youtu.be/r3nIgImgfY8

2021/3/26 6:32Profile
dolfan

Re:

I know about Hagin. I understand his error.

I also know about Mike. I understand his testimony and witness as much as one can on a message board. Mike is not Hagin.

I love what I know of Mike.

God bless Mike in your walk.

May all of us have Col. 3:16 kind of day. :)

2021/3/26 10:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree Tim.

I have no personal criticisms of Mike.

I may be a little over sensitive because we were involved in a fellowship that got very weird with the sort of things seen in the video and when we talked to leadership about our concerns it fell on totally deaf ears like we were the ones with the problem.

2021/3/26 14:26Profile
dolfan

Re:

Hey Todd, I know. 😎 I just wanted Mike to know when I contrast Hagin to the Bible it is about Hagin not him. One of my closest, dearest friends whom I trust with every spiritual bone in me likes Hagin too.

2021/3/26 15:07Profile
savannah

Re: who's who

Who cares who likes who! This is not about personalities.

The question ought to be, does God like so-and-so!

KH may have been possessed by spirits, not the Holy Spirit. Not much different than BH (Benny Hinn).

Talk about a slight lack in discernment...eeek!

I'd say that 48 days after a conversion to Christ, one would know an ace of spades from a queen of hearts, and who The Joker is!

Now if we turn those days into years, we ought to be a shark by now...but WOW is me! At this point, we've reached the point of no return.

Like the atheist who was being presented with evidence of God said when he was asked how much evidence he needed, replied "no amount of evidence could make me believe."

It's like waving a telephone pole before the eyes of a blind man.

O' Happy Day 🙂

2021/3/26 20:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy