SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Dethroning God!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Dethroning God!

“If only you had paid attention to My commandments! Then your well-being would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.” Isaiah 48:18

Imagine one walking into heaven and coming up to God the Father who looks like a [Jasper stone clear as crystal] in the visual we had of Him there in Revelation 4. with the rainbow of green hue around His throne, lightning being visibly seen coming from it and sounds of thunder echoing from within it. Here, the 4 living creatures surround the throne, with the 24 elders sitting on their thrones around it…

and taking God the Fathers hand and removing Him from His throne and sitting in His place!

You would say, “That is absurd, William! Who would be so foolish to even think such a thing?” Sadly, most of us have done that within our hearts. This is what we do spiritually every time we disobey God in three.

From the last study, I felt led to share, “if you can picture God sitting on His throne: Disobedience is pushing God off His throne and seating ourselves on His throne in His place. Disobedience is the rejection of the throne rights of God.” Walter Beuttler

As long as in our hearts we are disobedient to God, we will not receive His presence with us. In fact, He will remove His presence from us if we have it and disobey Him! Recall with me what happened when Satan rebelled against Gods’ supreme power or authority.

Satan

“How you have fallen from heaven, You star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who defeated the nations! But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ Nevertheless you will be brought down to Sheol, To the recesses of the pit.” Isaiah 14:12-15

We should be able to safely come to the conclusion together that the presence of the Lord was no longer upon Satan after his inward disobedience occurred.

Saul

“Samuel said to Saul, “You have acted foolishly! You have not kept the commandment of the Lord your God, which He commanded you, for the Lord would now have established your kingdom over Israel forever. But now your kingdom shall not endure. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has appointed him ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.” 1 Samuel 13:13-14

The Spirit of the Lord left Saul after his disobedience, leaving king Saul open to an evil spirit. “Now the Spirit of the Lord left Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord terrified him.” 1 Samuel 16:14

God will take His presence away from us if we disobey Him. This is serious stuff. Once we have tasted God’s presence we do not wish to have to live without such a treasure! However, our spiritual enemies do not want us to abide in Christ, nor keep God’s presence! They can’t have their way with us when His presence is with us. So, they have to try to get us to disobey God! Once we disobey God, we are opened up for our enemies to attack us, church of Christ. We will never have God’s presence while we are practicing sin, which is disobedience to God.

I’m going to share an intimate experience here. Why, because if we want to keep God’s presence then we must learn obedience to God!

I have an appointment with God every night now. Do I pray throughout the day? Yes, but I have a set time where it is He and I every night beginning around 10:30ish pm which spans hours many nights. Mind you, I am an extremely needy person; I’m helpless in every way and require God’s full guidance. I’m spiritually blind without His eyesight, have no clue what to speak without His Words coming to me, and He has allowed me to see my total, continual need of Him concerning my life! Now some nights, Christ’s presence comes and goes more quickly then other nights. When we are in communion with a friend the time limit varies from meeting to meeting. Thus, the Lord’s presence varies. He is always faithful to come visit me though. Why? This is something He has, in His mercy, just agreed upon with me, since I repented of any sins, dropped many things in my life that took up my time, and started setting daily appointments with Him. So, though throughout the day He visits with me, I know in the quiet of the evening to expect His arrival. Now, last night I asked God after awhile of being in His presence, “Lord what are my directions? What would You have of Your servant? Speak Lord, Your servant listens.” Then I waited a bit, and His response was clear and to the point.

“Obey Me and keep My commandments! Keep focused on Me. Man shall not live on bread alone but by every Word that comes out of My mouth. Do not ask what you should eat or do. Just obey Me! Stay the path and lean not on your own understanding, but on My Words…. Focus on Me in your daily life. This is My command to you alone.”

Now a word of warning to you seeking the manifest presence of Christ: repent of any sin that you are currently engaging in, no matter how trivial it may seem. The sins the Bible speaks on must go if you would have Christ’s presence in your life. Time also has to be given to Him. This will mean there is not much time for entertainment, and no time at all for the sinful entertainments the spirit of the world puts on TVs, in games, or other media. William, are you telling us we have to be Holy? Yes, the grace He has given us and His own life indwelling us is more then capable of keeping us Holy if we obey. Every time we disobey God, remember, we are pushing Him from His throne! In doing so, we are in charge of our own lives, and nothing good will ever come from that. It’s the very opposite of abiding in Christ! God in three will not let us know them intimately if we are disobeying Him. We can have a huge head knowledge of His Word and throw it around as though we are God’s and fool some, but we can’t fool God, and will be devoid of His presence until we repent and turn away from iniquity.

The Bible tells us repentance can be sought. Those saved by grace can fall, and God does restore fallen brethren! Praise and glory to Jesus’s Blood, and our Father’s long suffering! I’m a product of God the Father’s longsuffering. I’m a product of that mighty grace! As a young one in Christ, I would feel His presence from time to time, but I had no idea what it was back then, nor what it meant. I would wait wondering when He was going to speak to me. Never really understanding the whys behind these visits. Now, though I do not claim to know all details hidden within the spiritual world, (actually very little) I do know that our Lord’s presence is, among other things, to recharge us, and allow to us to know He is with us. God the Father is actually in fellowship with me through Christ by His Holy Spirit. This is wonderful news to me now, though unworthy for such wonderful fellowship! His presence provides a boldness to share His message with others. Such things are enough for me, at this point, to guard my time with Him above all else! Remember the lady who touched Jesus and the power went from Him. Though He could had instantly recharged His powers being God Himself, He did not. He depended on the Holy Spirit, to reveal this truth to even us. Within this great example, He spent time with His Father daily and nightly. Abide, abide, abide. There is no power within a prayerless Christians life church of Christ.

When I was young in Christ, I could not figure out what this word abide actually meant, though I knew it held importance. During this time I never heard the concept of abiding in Him clearly explained. Based on my current experience, I wholeheartedly find that it is our prayer life brethren! We abide in Him through our prayer life; many people miss this because many people really don’t spend time in continual prayer with Him. They might study for hours on hours, but little thought is given to prayer. I see prayer now must be held in highest regard if we would follow Christ. If our prayer life is lacking, we cannot expect that word anointing so many talk about to truly be within our lives.

“Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself but must remain in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” John 15:4-5

I read not long ago one stating “there is no accountability on this forum.” I wanted to lovingly tell him there is accountability, unbelievable accountability coming up! We just easily forget or don’t have the spiritual eyes to understand who it is that will be holding each of us accountable: God Almighty. He is most qualified as He sees everything we do, even every single word we type! I don’t believe must church folk are ready for that day. We have no spiritual eyes to see what sin does to our possible relationship with Christ, nor to see even further ahead to what’s coming up just before the rest of eternity comes upon us. We have lost our vision, church of Christ! We have lost our flavor, church of Christ. We have lost our first love, church of Christ, and thus we’ve lost the true meaning of abiding in Christ. We have either never known His presence or lost His presence!

“Then she named the child Ichabod, saying, “The glory has departed from Israel!” because the ark of God had been captured and because of her father-in-law and her husband. And she said, “The glory has departed from Israel, for the ark of God has been captured.” 1 Samuel 4:21-22

Ichabod! Ichabod, the glory has departed from many at this time. We are in a war; I’m going to keep saying it until God tells me to stop! “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy…”John 10:10b Satan and the host of demons that surround us want to make sure we do not abide in Christ, they want to make sure we do not have His presence permeating through our lives! Abiding in television only puts the Spirit of the world’s sinful garbage into your soul. Abiding in earthly music only puts the same garbage within our souls. After filling ourselves with the world, there is not room for God’s presence! We must be emptied from the inside of the satanic and demonic garbage we keep throwing into our souls if we would ever truly walk with God. “The eye is the lamp of the body; so then, if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. So if the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!” Matthew 6:22-23 The only way we get Christ’s presence back with us is through repentance and letting go of those sinful habits we’ve allowed to become a part of our lives, and are seen vividly by God in three. We cannot abide with both Christ and this world. We each have to choose who we will serve. I’m team Christ, and I want to encourage you to battle against the giants/demons in your life, die to your selfish desires and come abide in Jesus Christ instead!

His presence is upon me now, and I want to cry because I’m sad, church of Christ. I’m sad because He offers us so much, but we are so content with the sins that disgraced His otherwise Holy Walk before God the Father which were put upon Him at that cross long ago when even the day light fled away. Why did He die, church of Christ? Certainly it wasn’t so we could stay in sins that killed Him in the first place! Was it not instead that we would live holy lives before God’s throne? “He made us into a kingdom, priests to His God.” Revelation 1:6 And through Jesus being holy, because He is Holy, it is not just possible, it is attainable, even more so it is commanded of us through Him to all whosoever wills to surrender everything to God in three, and abide in Him.

Let’s repent of wasted years of pushing God from His throne within our hearts. Through the abundant grace already at our disposal, let us humble ourselves before Almighty God. Let go of disobedience and learn to abide or begin abiding again in Christ through prayer. We must have an unbreakable appointment with God the Father daily. Let us get off His throne where we’ve crowned ourselves king of within our own deceitful uncrucified hearts. Jeremiah 17:9 Allow Him to truly reign in all areas of our life. He waits, but who will sacrifice the trivial things of this world to instead know Him intimately inwardly? Such a relationship is so much more than just an outward head knowledge which plagues the church right now, worse then any disease ever imaginable.

As I told my son last night, we must let Him crucify our hearts, that they would only look to God in three. William are you suggesting we ask God to crucify our hearts? I’m suggesting you do whatever it takes to get before God daily in real communion! Daily no mater the cost, and then abide, abide and abide all the way to the end!

Jonathan Had Gone

“…Ahijah, the son of Ahitub, Ichabod’s brother, the son of Phinehas, the son of Eli, the priest of the Lord at Shiloh, was wearing an ephod. And the people did not know that Jonathan had gone.” 1 Samuel 14:3

Jesus had Gone

“…as they were returning, after spending the full number of days required, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but His parents were unaware of it. 44 Instead, they thought that He was somewhere in the caravan, and they went a day’s journey; and then they began looking for Him among their relatives and acquaintances.” Luke 2:43-44

God’s presence has Gone

Oh, we have been so busy in meetings talking about God, singing to each other about God. We have been writing sermons about God and even debating God’s Word! We have been so busy that many of us have not even taken notice that Gods’ presence is not around us or in us! Sadly, our focus is not truly on Him, but on everything else beneath Him, good or bad, but either way, not Him. So the great I AM waits to see who will come to Him, walk with Him, abide in Him, and commune with Him. “…when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8

2021/3/22 19:01Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Dethroning God!

Very good Billy! Thanks for posting this.

2021/3/22 19:16Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Dethroning God!

🙏🏻 Amen dear brother <\\\><

2021/3/22 22:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy