Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "seeking their own interests"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Pinson, Alabama, USA

"seeking their own interests"

Php 2:19 But I hope and trust in the Lord Jesus soon to send Timothy to you, so that I may also be encouraged and cheered by learning news of you.
20 For I have no one like him [no one of so kindred a spirit] who will be so genuinely interested in your welfare and devoted to your interests.
21 For the others all seek [to advance] their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

"seek to advance their own , not those of YESHUA HA'MACH JESUS CHRIST)". Just as much as it was then, so it is today. Position seekers, rather than CROSS SEEKERS. Hoping to become "apostle this, or deacon that", without regard for the most important position of all, A FOLLOWER of YESHUA.
There is no mention or use of the term "apostle" in any of the four gospels. Those who were chosen, were chosen to FOLLOW HIM, even unto death on the CROSS. They were outcasts of their religious society. The synagogues they preached in belonged to the JEWS, not the saints. Where they stayed was provided for them by DIVINE appointment each and every night. They went where HE went, and watched what HE did. Then HE SENT THEM OUT, to do what HE did, and they did it. IN OBEDIENCE!! Not what seemed good to Peter or James, but all OBEYED the instructions HE gave them. NO IDENTITY beyond "followers of the WAY". None seeking their own way. All seeking souls, in obedience. And they turned the world upside down with the good news.
What is the "good news"?

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat_12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mar_1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk_4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
Luk_6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luk_9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

What is the message here, of the MESSIAH, and the 12? The KINGODM OF YEHOVAH IS AT HAND!!! HOW CLOSE IS YOUR HAND? HIS kingdom is THAT CLOSE. But what exactly is the "kingdom of YEHOVAH"? Paul, the apostle (special messenger) told us exactly what it is.....

Romans 14:17 [After all] the kingdom of God is not a matter of [getting the] food and drink [one likes], but instead it is righteousness (that state which makes a person acceptable to God) and [heart] peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness - HIS righteousness in us
Heart peace - a heart undisturbed about the images and events of sight. A place of rest far above the concerns of the moment. ALL DEAD PEOPLE ARE AT REST AND AT PEACE. Have you been crucified in HIM?
Joy in the HOLY SPIRIT - an overflowing of HIS life, alive in the heart of the believer. One whose possession is HIS life within, has a treasure that simply cannot be properly described in words. And if two of these meet together, no words are necessary to identify what lives within the heart of each of them. They know by experience, the KINGDOM OF GOD that both YESHUA and HIS followers proclaimed.
So I have a question. If the LORD and HIS followers preached the KINGDOM of YEHOVAH, and HIS righteousness and not our own, how is it that 99% of all "preachers" today, seldom if ever speak of it?
If what YESHUA did and said to HIS disciples looks nothing like what is presented as "church" today , where is the problem? Surely it is not with HIS body, the remnant SAINTS scattered about the globe today. If the disciples were sent to preach the "kingdom of GOD", when was that set aside for what is now portrayed as HIS body today? What I see today, is the model of ROME, that began near the end of the life of Paul and John. The religious wolveos whose quest was ratified when Constantine became both the emperor of the ROMAN EMPIRE and the TOP DOG of his brand of "christianity". All about their own interests, and nothing of HIS interests.
Friend, that is the basic question I've been trying to answer since 1969, when I had my first encounter with HIS HOLY SPIRIT flooding my soul with RIGHTEOUSNESS, HEART PEACE AND HIS JOY OVERFLOWING. My life (and will) ENDING and HIS LIFE birthed within me. GLORY.
Tragically I searched within the Catholic Church I was born into. I could not find it. I searched among the and penticostals. I could not find it. I searched HIM out in the Christian Church as well as the Church of CHRIST. Not there. Brethren and Menonite, the Amish and the SDA's. Not there. Baptists and Methodists? Nope.
The ONLY place I've been able to find HIS kingdom life in others? By DIVINE appointment, where two or more are gathered, and HIS HOLY SPIRIT is manifest in our MIDST, as evidenced by WORSHIP. Worship that can only happen in HIS manifest presence. That JOY in the HOLY SPIRIT. And the testimonies of those who have been objects of the MERCY and GRACE of our LORD , YESHUA HA'MACHIACH. I've only encountered a hand full of these that were "events" known prior to their happening. Most were spontaneous, unplanned by man, but DIVINELY appointed by YESHUA, through the POWER of HIS HOLY SPIRIT present and alive within.
If "man's (your) version of "church" (assembly) is unlike what was alive in the Gospels, Acts, and the Epistles, who went astray? And why do you support these dens of iniquity with your faithful presence and financial support, when HIS kingdom is not preached by example more than words? Why is the "testimony" of the HOLY SPIRIT far greater than the testimony of the MESSIAH?

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Testify of YESHUA and HIS mercy and grace. Glory!

Act_20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Is the testimony of HIM, the prominence that dominates your fellowship, your worship? If not, just what "spirit" are you worshipping?

2021/3/18 9:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy