Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Blessed are the merciful, Sermonindex

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Blessed are the merciful, Sermonindex

Brothers and sisters at Sermonindex,

[i]"If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent."[/i] - Matthew 12:7

Christians, we ought to watch how we are on these forums, that we do not become Pharisees, who knew their Scriptures to the letter, but missed the entire point of it: mercy, compassion, love.

It saddens me when I see someone post something innocently, and someone with more Scriptural knowledge pounces on them, almost embarrassing the person by showing them how wrong they are. I just find that sort of thing so abrupt and void of love. I'm guilty just as much as anyone, but I ask your forgiveness and plead with everyone to be careful how we post... that we are not sharp, callous, and uncaring even though we may be right.

[i][b]"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."[/i][/b] - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

The words of Jesus could also say:

[i]"For I desire mercy, not perfect Scriptural knowledge."[/i]
or
[i]"For I desire mercy, not a harsh display of Biblical truths."[/i]

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should not be Biblically accurate. I'm just saying that Jesus Christ desires us to be loving towards one another, [u]gracious[/u], and forbearing rather than doctrinally harsh.

If we display love on this forum, then this place will produce a crop 100 times fold more than it is now, the body will be built up, Christ will be glorified, and this place will be the sanctuary that God intends it to be.

[i]"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."[/i]

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/7/21 15:17Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Blessed are the merciful, Sermonindex

Good post.

2005/7/21 15:21Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Bless you Brother Eli. Your words are very true. I pray that everyone would forgive me for when I have done this.

2005/7/21 15:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

yes. Lord use these discussions to break and humble us. Make us servants and bend our wills and hearts to yours. Allow us be a reflection of your nature Jesus, meek and lowly, merciful.

2005/7/21 16:10Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Quote:

Eli_Barnabas wrote:
If we display love on this forum, then this place will produce a crop 100 times fold more than it is now, the body will be built up, Christ will be glorified, and this place will be the sanctuary that God intends it to be.

I remember a couple of months back, we had continually 50+ visitors and something like 15+ online. There were even posts about the fact, and then kaboom, all hell broke loose. Its getting there slowly again. For me, it just boils down to solid posts, sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

When to stand and when to sit must be one of the hardest things to master for someone who is able to run. When do you teach what you know, and when do you let the brethren share their thoughts and ideas? One thing for sure there are some very clever guys that come and frequent this cybergathering.

2005/7/21 17:13Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Agreed. Good post!

2005/7/21 17:23Profile

Hi y'all,

You've lured me in. Not only by this post, but this whole Site has kept me awed since first finding it. Can't get enough or give it out enough.

Anyhow, this particular thread reminded me of the Message to the Church at Ephesus in Rev 2:2-5
"I know your works and your labor and your patience, and how you cannot bear those who are evil. And you tried those pretending to be apostles, and are not, and have found them liars. And you have borne, and have patience, and for My name's sake you have labored and have not fainted. But I have against you that you left your first love. Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and will remove your lampstand out of its place unless you repent."

Seems the Ephesians were Truth bearers, but kinda lost their Love in the process. And must have lost it big time, in order for The Lord to give them such a major warning.

Debates can get out of hand and actually; to go too far with them, isn't Scriptural in the first place. Titus 3:9-11.

But I'm also reminded how Paul rebuked Peter and not quite gently in front of all. But the "all" were fellow believers.
On a forum, we're conversing in front of the world, and this is a witness.

I always thought, there should be a Locked area on boards; sort of like the ones they have on most forums, for the Moderators only, where aggressive conflicts could be hashed out and not in view of the general public. (Seeing that some folks are more 'human' than others. Maybe they've just had a bad day or something. Or just a bad life or just been taught bad things):

I just don't like seeing conflicts, out in the open.
I don't like conflicts at all ... but some folks may be helped by them ... who knows ?

Anyhow ~ Good Post.

Peace,
GA

I'm editing this, because somehow, my reply came up on the top of the thread, and I don't know why.

Ah-Oh, am I in big trouble now ?

What did I do to cause that ???

2005/7/22 0:18
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi GrannieAnnie,

Bless you! Ah, welcome, there is much here that is just so phenominal... It has ebbed and flowed and gone off in various directions. Many of the things you mentioned are being addressed and prayed over right now.

Much more could be said and was just checking out when I saw this. But couldn't leave without a warm welcome to you and also;

Quote:
I'm editing this, because somehow, my reply came up on the top of the thread, and I don't know why.

Ah-Oh, am I in big trouble now ?

What did I do to cause that ???

:-) Nothing at all, the posts always move up in that fashion, this one will be the next one up now (if nothing comes in between then).

Hope you are just abundantly blessed, there are some real nuggets hidden in the forums, in the articles and in the sermons and some real hearts after the Lord amongst ourselves here... Things may have gotten a bit sidetracked from the thrust, but have a lot of confidence that by prayer and dependence on the Lord that all these things will get back to the centrality of Jesus and to what He is interested in.

2005/7/22 0:45Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Wow, great post GrannieAnnie! And welcome!

Quote:
On a forum, we're conversing in front of the world, and this is a witness.

Amen.

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/7/22 8:48Profile

Dear crsschk,

Thank you for the welcome and the consolation that I hadn't messed up the board already, with my first post... ha.

I didn't mean to sound as if I had any answers.

Anyone who could set up a Website like this, sure knows what they're doing.

But I'd like to join you all in prayer, for whatever you are praying about, concerning this board. I'd be honored to do that.

I'm not a forum type person, but because I love the Classics so much, and got so much out of what's on this site already, I figured this would be a nice place to visit now and then.

I liked Eli's post, because I've viewed enough 'forums' out there. (that's why I'm not a 'forum type person' :)

But God Blesses and wisdom prevails, when a site offers stuff like Classic treasures.

God Bless you with Peace and the assurance of all Provision.

& Thank you too Eli :)

GA

2005/7/23 0:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy