See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : He Will Be Found Anew

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 He Will Be Found Anew

“When the people of God substitute feasting for fasting, entertainment for worship, rhetoric for prophecy, ritual for revival, luxury for self-denial, the television set for family prayer, the bowling alley for the altar service, the skating rink for the Bible study, approbation of the world for the reproach of Christ, there is ample ground for great alarm.

...He will restore what was once enjoyed when those things that displaced Him will be displaced by Him, when we pursue again that which interests Him and discard that in which He has no interest. He will be found anew when He is allowed to be both center and circumference in our lives so that we can say with the psalmist of old,

"All my springs are in thee." (Psalms 87:7)

— Walter Beuttler

2021/3/5 20:16Profile
billy1980

Re: He Will Be Found Anew

Thank you for sharing from this brother! I had never heard of him before!

“It is self-evident that to effect such transformations in the life of an individual, the Lord may have to come as Refiner and resort to a crucible heated seven times to burn up traditional ecclesiastical dross, expose the alloy and put a ministerial candidate between the anvil and the hammer of the divine Master Smith of whom it is written,”

“Behold. I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work.” Isa. 54:16.

By: Walter Beuttler

2021/3/6 0:48Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I listened to some sermons from him. He is an old-school pentecostal in the line of a B.H. Clendennen, David Wilkerson, and Hans Waldvogel with whom he shares the same German root.

Very inspiring!

2021/3/6 5:20Profile
billy1980

Re: He Will Be Found Anew

“When the people of God substitute feasting for fasting, entertainment for worship, rhetoric for prophecy, ritual for revival, luxury for self-denial, the television set for family prayer, the bowling alley for the altar service, the skating rink for the Bible study, approbation of the world for the reproach of Christ, there is ample ground for great alarm.

...He will restore what was once enjoyed when those things that displaced Him will be displaced by Him, when we pursue again that which interests Him and discard that in which He has no interest. He will be found anew when He is allowed to be both center and circumference in our lives so that we can say with the psalmist of old,

"All my springs are in thee." (Psalms 87:7)

I apologize I didn’t mean to change the flow of your post. When I started reading some of His sermons and understanding my companion the Holy Spirit a little better I couldn’t help but comment! I know He lives in me! Sometimes I just don’t know what he is directing. I’m trying to be very quiet to hear rightly, at any rate thank you Narrow path for the information, blessings! Sorry sister, thanks again though for opening this brother up to me. I really need, want, desire, to understand my companion better, so I don’t grieve Him, or anything, and He can better mature me into Christ image. Added, and direct me in all my goings! Ok leaving post.

— Walter Beuttler

2021/3/6 10:30Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brother William,

No need to apologize. ✝️

Thank you for what you contributed to the thread — it was encouraging!

2021/3/6 13:53Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy