SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Lesson Of Job

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

The Lesson Of Job

Genesis 1:26-28
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Psalm 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

We know all that the devil came in and did to Job, but could it be that Job had a part to play in all that happened. Look at what he said in Job 3:25,26 For the thing which I greatly feared has come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. There's a reason for that fear opens you up to receive from the devil just as faith puts you in a position to receive from God. What did Jesus tell the 2 blind men- according to your faith so be it done unto you (that's a law and it works on the positive side and the negative). Also, notice the thing I greatly feared, we know the scripture says- "Out of the abundance of the heart/spirit the mouth speaks", so now his mouth is involved. Either knowingly or unknowingly he's exercising authority.

And look at what he said in verse 26, "I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quit; yet trouble came." He was speaking contrary to the truth because Job 1:9,10 says-9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? 10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. And even with all that look at how he's talking-"I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quit." Proverbs 15:4 talks about that kind of speech and it's affect, "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life. But, perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit." What is perverse speech, it's distorted speech, the action of giving a misleading account or impression.

Perverse speech causes a breach in the spirit. What is a breach, it's an opening. The spirit of man is the legal entrance into the earth realm, that's why spirits want to work through people because man has the legal authority. And Ecclesiastes 10:8 says, He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him. So, Job broke the hedge by a misuse of his authority or words. A breach in his spirit equaled a breach in the hedge. God didn't break it, Satan couldn't break it, the only one that could break it was Job. Ephesians 4:27 says, "Neither give place to the devil" and the main place Satan wants to occupy is your mouth. Because, your words gives him the legal right to do things in your life.

In John 17:17 God says his word is truth, so anything contrary to his word can't be truth. That's why in Romans 3 it says, "Let God be true and every man be a liar". Now, something can be fact and yet not truth there's a big difference. What you observe with your senses might be a fact, but it doesn't mean it's the truth. Satan wants to keep you in facts, because Jesus said the truth would make you free John 8:32. So, as long as you talk the facts you give him a legal right to keep you in them. Remember, what perverse speech is- distorted speech-the action of giving a misleading account or impression. Well, that's what you do when you speak contrary to God's word, you are giving a misleading account or impression. And that gives the devil the right to do it in your life. In Job 6:24,25 I believe Job started to get some light on the subject when he said, "Teach me and I will hold my tongue and cause me to understand wherein I have erred. How forcible are right words."

Notice, in Proverbs 4:24 God warns you, "Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee." Notice, all the emphasis put on the words of your mouth. So, don't tell me your words are not important. God needs your agreement, how can two walk together unless they agree Amos 3:3. Notice, when the angel brought the word to Mary that she would have a son after he got her agreement, Be it unto me according to your word, the angel depart. And when the angel brought the word to Zacharias that his wife that was barren would have a son and he did not give his agreement the angel shut his mouth until the child was born. And you see later in that chapter that once he came into agreement with the word his tongue was loosed. So, don't speak contrary to the word.

2021/3/5 1:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy