See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I feel a bit overwhelmed and weary

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

I feel a bit overwhelmed and weary

"I had a dream. I had a vision. I have a word."

"I had a prophetic dream. I had a prophetic vision. I have a prophetic word."

I realize that when I see people proclaiming this now, I have become weary of them. It's just a never ending deluge it seems being poured out on the body of Christ. I'm all for dreams and visions etc. in the last days. But I'm not sure if what is currently going on in the "prophetic" is what those scriptures in Joel really mean. I'm just weary of it all. I'd rather not read or listen any more for a while. Where is the old fashioned getting in your prayer closet and digging out an answer that you are seeking? Has the ministry of the word in living sermons inadvertently almost become secondary? Very few of us have these "dreams" and "visions" anyway. At its top level of function, it seems just a few in the body have constant dreams and visions and grand prophetic words operating in their life. The rest of us have been having to just sit under the deluge. I suppose some good has come from it. Whatever. But at this point I feel like I want to come out from under the constant deluge for a bit. Along with a low degree of accountability and credibility, there's been a overload I believe. The table is too full at this point.

I don't know if I'm venting or not. Likely. But I realized today, this is how I presently feel. What once edified and was a source of comfort has now wearied me.

2021/2/27 14:37Profile
billy1980

Re: I feel a bit overwhelmed and weary

David I'm not sure if this will help you brother, but I don't watch or go to any news sites period. The only sites I go online is here, my word press, Amazon, and YouTube for old Christian hymns. Concerning TV, I'm just going through the four gospels on repeat. As far as reading, just our Bible, and sermons from this blessed site.

The world around us is going every which way right now. So many voices, Christ's is the one that is important. So this is helping me concentrate brother. I might be hide under a rock, but the Lord is using it with me.

"Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the Lord."

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

2021/2/27 14:57Profile
docs

Re:

I appreciate it billy. My faith in Christ is secure along with faith in His word. It's just now when I see or read or hear, "I had a prophetic vision," or "I had a prophetic dream," therefore "I have a prophetic word you can't afford to ignore" and the like, I'm not that interested. It seems just another word that already has been preceded by multitudes of the same kind. It's grown wearisome to me but my home church and home prayer groups is where my attention ought to be anyway.

Thank you.

2021/2/27 17:56Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

David,

One of the tactics the enemy uses to drown out legitimate movements of the Spirit, is to flood the market, so to speak, with illegitimate ones. It is designed precisely to do what it is doing: wear you down to the bone. It is also designed to make believers resistant to the Lord.

But do not fear. The Lord is faithful. He will give you wisdom and discernment to know what is coming from Him and what is not coming from Him. Trust God.

I feel the same way here. The songs we sing are so man-centered. It makes me weary of worship! But I must resist that temptation, because if I resist worship, what will become of me, except to be hardened like a poorly made brick. It won't be long until I crumble.

2021/2/27 19:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy