Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermons and Advice on Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse-

Sermons and Advice on Prayer

Hello brethren,

What sermons on prayer have effected your prayer life?

Are there other biblical truths I am to pray for that I don’t know to pray for yet?

At this time I know to 1. Arrive with the sacrifice of Christ precious blood, 2. Praise our Mighty God. 3. Be quiet before Him, 4. Make petitions for all the saints, as I do this I pray through what He sees we each need prayer concerning, because I have no clue what each need prayer concerning in our common tongue. 5. Then pray for the lost I’ve been witnessing to. Then pray for the lost in the world. 6. Afterwards, I’m praying for the biblical things asked of us. That our flight won’t be in the winter, that He would send workers into His harvest field, and for the government authorities. 7. Then I’m basking in His presence.

Thank you for any insights our Lord leads you to give me. I know we also have to be careful we are not like the Pharisees concerning prayer! I just felt it would be beneficial to learn from some of you concerning this vital area of our lives. Then incorporate it into my prayer life through His grace.

Added: I'm currently examining each area of my life by His Word. Seeking to mature in our Lord within all areas, through His grace and empowering, and the renewing of my mind. We are in a spiritual war and I want through Christ to proceed fourth rightly.

2021/2/27 9:39Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re: Sermons and Advice on Prayer

Here is a PHENOMENAL sermon on Prayer: Prayer as Communion, by Paul Washer.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=23484&commentView=itemComments

Here is a text of Scripture about prayer that I think woud be good for you to meditate on:

Luke 18:1-14 says:

Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’ ”
Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

2021/2/27 11:40Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Also, I didn't pick those passages because I think you need humility...lol. They are good reminders as we grow in Christ to maintain the humility we first had, and the utter dependence upon the Lord that we first had.

I have noticed in my own spiritual life, that as I grow in the Lord, I tend to forget the basic principles I need to walk with Him. Then I find myself, in fact, not walking with Him!

2021/2/27 11:58Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Thank you brother. I'm not offended at all! I want to walk in the light fully! To be transformed into the image of Christ! I will listen to that sermon with my brother at work soon today. I will also meditate on those verses! As I continue meditating on the church of Sardis.

Added: One thing I have seen, and I'm praying about. Is helping those in need. Praying the Lord gives me opportunity's to help those needing food and clothes. That He would allow our paths to cross!

I also want to use this fire/zeal, Christ has mercifully given me back rightly. All praise and worship to Him! The fire/zeal when I first came to Him years ago, rightly! I was so young in Him then, and certainly was not using it the best.

Blessings, I'm over joyed and apoligize for talking so much!

2021/2/27 12:51Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Brother,

If you would like. Add me (Nate) to your prayer list. I have also been desiring to be zealous for the Lord. I feel like I have been tamed (in a bad way) and want that fire and passion I used to have when I was younger.

Thanks, brother!

2021/2/27 18:55Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

You are already on my list brother! I will address you as Nate now daily! All of Sermon Index is. Please put me on yours. This spiritual battle we are in is fixing to get more turbulent it would seem. We all need prayer.

I enjoyed brother Washer's Sermon that brother is certainly surrendered to our Master! Thanks for sharing it.

A story before I go back to the scriptures. I use to try to imitate a host of our older brethren in the Lord. I said try....I've learned a lot from them, but I can't be them. The Holy Spirit finally pulled me aside and explained to me that we are each different In Christ Jesus and God our Father purposefully made us different, and even as I mature in Christ I will always be me, even in eternity to come with our new bodies, Surrounded by a host of our brethren I will still be me, just the best version of me possible through our precious Savior's sacrifices. When He finally taught me that truth, it made my journey a lot less stressful down here.

2021/2/27 19:42Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Will do, brother!

That's a good word. It's always dangerous to live in the shadow of other men, even good men, and not in the bright light of Christ!

2021/2/27 20:30Profile
passerby

Re:

Let the prayer begin in your solitude:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jkN-LF2nI

2021/3/5 13:46Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Thank you brother, I can feel life in that video, and powerful to pray with!

Blessings in Christ brother

2021/3/5 22:29Profile
passerby

Re:

The book of psalms is also a powerful mentor on prayer. There were many times in my life that I was too exhausted to mumble anything but the Lord's prayer and it had blessed me and my family so much according to the abundance of His grace and mercy.

The angels of the the Lord are always watching His people to assist them in their troubles.

2021/3/6 2:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy