SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Adultery: A Stumbling Block

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse-

Adultery: A Stumbling Block

After meditating on the fourth church in the book of Revelation, and our Lord leading me to read the gospel of Luke. This is what was imparted to me concerning that church. The message is a plea to leaders involved to repent. To see this stumbling block they have laid before God's children.

“Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries one who is divorced from a husband commits adultery.” Jesus Christ: Luke 16:18

I want to look at the sins that spring forth from the sin of adultery for a moment. Anger, hate, lust, disobedience and rebellion all spring forth from the sin of adultery. We can also add to this the defiling of our bodies, but not only ours, but whoever we remarry is also partaking in the sin of adultery! Even the person we choose to divorce must now face and battle a plethora of sin as a result of the divorce. And possibly most distressing of all, any children involved have just watched at least one parent, if not both, destroy their witness concerning Christ Jesus. This is especially concerning since parents are biblically called to model and teach holy living to their own children.

People in leadership positions in churches: you who commit adultery are fulfilling all the sins above, but you are going even further! For you have declared yourselves as guides and shepherds to God the Father’s children, and claim to follow Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life! There should be a growing fear within you concerning your transgressions, as we get closer and closer to Christ’s coming! Adultery does not only affect you, but with the platform you continue to hold in the name of God Almighty, it affects God’s children looking up to you as unto Christ! Beware, least even more follow in your footsteps! God sees all, God knows all, and God judges all!

This teaching should not catch you off guard; you were warned! All throughout God’s Word you have been warned. Hence the apostle Paul’s letter to Titus, “‘If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry… sober, just, holy, temperate…” Titus 1:6-7 “Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not insincere, not prone to drink much wine, not greedy for money, but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. These men must also first be tested; then have them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach. Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things. Deacons must be husbands of one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.” 1 Timothy 3:8-13

Add to these serious truths the apostle James’s admonishment, better, yet more severe warning to you standing behind that pulpit: “Do not become teachers in large numbers, my brothers, since you know that we who are teachers will incur a stricter judgment.” James 3:1

Marriage was designed by God to, among other things, help us die to self, so we learn to pick up our cross and actually follow Jesus as commanded. Marriage was designed by God to be for life; where two become one person spiritually intertwined together throughout our sojourn on earth. Marriage allows two gifts given within God’s body to work in unity, through the Holy Spirit’s empowering. In marriage, the commandment to “love your wives as Christ loved the church” is to be raised up high as a banner to all and proclaimed as an example of what we are to do concerning our wives!

Woe to you, you have tarnished these truths. Teaching the brethren to instead count marriage as a small thing of little importance to a Holy God. As the so called prophetess did concerning the church in Thyatira! She would not repent, though her sin was revealed to her, will you repent? Jesus said, “She teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality [esp in sexual matters; licentiousness; profligacy or promiscuity]and eat things sacrificed to idols. ‘I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality. ‘Behold, I will throw her on a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds.’ Rev 2:19-23

With God, marriage is an epic ordeal. “For I hate divorce,” says the LORD, the God of Israel,”

“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depths of the sea.” Jesus Christ

How many in your congregation have you led into sin through your own actions, as you preach Christ? Be sure this stumbling block you have built has been seen by God the Father! Understand that you are under His judgment! Though time may pass and you say to yourself all is fine. God will not be mocked.

If we speak not against your known adultery, as you standing in the places of authority over blood bought saints of Christ, leading many to stumble in your blind lust of the self life, ignoring the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, and even Christ’s own words written in red, and we don’t call you to repentance in love and mercy, in fear and trembling before our Holy God, and you die in your sins, then your blood would be on our heads that see your sin, but would not speak out! So in obedience, I’m speaking out: for your spouse you left, for your new spouse, for your children and your congregation that you have put this stumbling block of sin before.

Within this hour, God is calling us to repentance concerning all sins and a renewed turning unto Him solely, in a more urgent way then I have ever felt before! Now is the time to repent, and get right with God through Christ Jesus. We are called to go back to our first love, rev 2 listen to the Holy Spirit’s directions and act! God is very patient, merciful, and full of compassion, which continually leaves me speechless! However, God is also Holy, Righteous, and the Judge, which should instill in us godly fear, which should lead to holy lives through Christ Jesus, and the Spirit’s empowering. God has a time limit and His time limit is getting closer and closer to finishing! Seek repentance while it remains. Seek Him on how you are to deal with the stumbling block you have put before God’s children, and your own kids. Then go forth in the fear of God, obeying His directives.

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.” 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” Acts 3:19

2021/2/26 15:26Profile
brothagary

Re: Adultery: A Stumbling Block

Amen ,God is uncovering sin in this hour because his rod is coming on those who twist the scripture to suit their sin, choose the staff or rod , others who are lukewarm,we know happens there,let the heat of the word of god create a repentant heart , the oil of joy will only come to some in this season, prepare and trim your wicks,so that you will burn
as a clean and a pure flame ,or else you will burn with smoke and there will be a stench in the nose of god ,it won't be pleasing to him at all, be the light of the world in this last hour ,unless you will to be covered with a basket of shame , the oil that is coming will only cause smoke in your life, let it not be and bring any hidden sin to the cross.

2021/2/26 18:05Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Adultery: A Stumbling Block

James 4:
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Revelation 2:
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Yes dear brother and spiritual fornication as well. “Jezebel” is also the authoritative worldliness that has subdued certain “churches” causing them to go after the things of this world. Attempting to store up treasures on earth by sowing (fornicating) into the world system. This causes a great deception in the church as the example being set is not to sow into the kingdom while sojourning in the world, but the example Jezebel sets is to lust for life, teaching to seek satisfaction in the world.

Not to take away from the literal implications of physical human sexual immorality within the church, including divorce and adultery which (in my understanding) is the manifestation of what already took place in the root (spiritual) of that tree -
I believe one of the contributing factors in the rise of sexual immorality in the church is observably the “structure” of the modern evangelical mission.
We are commanded to go in the world and preach the gospel and if someone rejected it, we are to shake the dust off and continue to the next person. Those whom are converted are to be directed to the local body for discipleship, where they are equipped and perfected (matured) then themselves sent out. This is the biblical model. What the modern evangelical movement seeks to do is have attendance as high as possible of mostly unconverted peoples. This then requires preaching the gospel over and over and over to the same people and never really teaching them to sow into the kingdom as followers of Christ. This creates a church system that not only is “friendly with the world” (spiritual fornication) but is more dependent on it than God. This adulterous idolatry by His “bride” where she seeks to build her own kingdom with the help of the world and the spiritual children of this unholy union will all be cut off, save they too repent and return.

2021/2/26 22:17Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Thank you Brother Fletcher, and brother Gary for adding the insights from our Lord that He has given you both.

Blessings in Christ brothers

2021/2/27 9:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy