Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revelation of Christ: Smyrna

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Revelation of Christ: Smyrna

Revelation 2:8-11

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write:”

“The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:”

‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the slander by those who say they are Jews, and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.’ NASB

Here we go from a much longer message to the Ephesus church to a seemingly short one to Smyrna! Though it’s spiritual depth is just as deep, if not deeper!

Christ starts off by reminding them and through the Holy Spirit us, that He died, and rose again! Praise be unto God! We know He died taking our sins onto Himself as He was crucified on a cross. We also know He was raised from the dead on the third day, God the Father approving of the transaction! Again praise and worship unto God! I see Jesus pointing Smyrna and us to look to His example. To encourage us that even if we are martyrs for Him not to fear death! He conquered death and we to who follow Him will also conquer death through Him!

Christ also points the persecution and coming trials leading to many of their deaths in Smyrna and at some point some of our own in this present age as originating through Satan, the accuser of our brethren. Like the church in Smyrna when it does come remember be faithful unto Christ! No matter what happens and Christ Himself will give you the crown of life!

God has a plan for each of us, and even in Smyrna all were not killed for for their faith in Christ Jesus. Remember even the apostles John and Peter had different endings concerning this life. Whatever God has decided concerning you, just be faithful to the end. Jesus is worthy!

“Do not be afraid of what you will suffer. Listen! The devil will throw some of you into prison to test you. You will be in trouble for ten days. Be faithful even to death. Then I will give you the crown of life.” NLV

"Jesus is worthy"

“The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.’”

2021/2/18 13:14Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy