SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival Is Coming If....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes Daniel but there is a huge question whether the verse can be properly applied to America today. Read the context of the passage.

2021/2/20 15:12Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Mike,

The OT church was upbraided and ultimately punished by the removal of His Glory for profaning HIs Name among the nations for their disobedience.

I personally don't have a sense that the church generally feels any sense that she may be profaning His Name among the nations.

The Chronicles passage is often used as a means to heal our nation. Perhaps used by some as a means to bring life to the church. I rarely hear people praying for repentance because we have profaned His Name. Even more rare is a repentance that says even if our land is not healed, even if revival never comes, we repent with whole hearts for dishonoring your name. No personal goal in mind, no self serving consequence sought.....just we weep for the profaning of His name by His bride where His Glory is comparatively all that is desired and sought.

2021/2/20 19:04Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Thank you Robert,

Sorrow because we have profaned the Lord's name is an insight far too rare or spoken about. There is no nationalism in this godly brokenness, only the true reason for the deep godly sorrow (sorrow according to God) that leaves no regret. The repentance that this type of sorrow according to God brings about produces fruit worthy of repentance in any individual or group who experiences it.

Nehemiah experienced this godly sorrow and look where it led.

mak

2021/2/20 20:14Profile
brothagary

Re:

The Lesson of the Lamp
(Luke 8:16–18)

21Jesus also said to them, “Does anyone bring in a lamp to put it under a basket or under a bed? Doesn’t he set it on a stand? 22For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be brought to light.

23If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

24He went on to say, “Pay attention to what you hear. With the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and even more will be added to you. 25For whoever has will be given more. But whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”

2021/2/20 23:05Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Robert,

Can you elaborate on how the church is profaning the Lord's name?

Also, if someone asks, "What is the glory of God?" how would you reply?

Blessings

2021/2/21 8:51Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: profaning the Lord's name?

We profane His name when we call ourselves by it in word but deny it in deed,.. that is to say when we are so patently disobedient that even our repentance is selfish and for our own ends (not His).
“Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do the things I say?”
By and large the people who “identify as Christians” bear no likeness unto that name... this has a form of godliness but denies the power - meaning they have never stopped feeding from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and if God were to answer their prayers it would only serve to give them more opportunity to further indulge themselves on the “good” side of the wrong tree 🤷🏽‍♂️ This profanes His Holy name -

God gets glory when someone believes unto obedience,... this obedience by faith allows the Lord Himself to lead this yielded vessel and over time, conform it into the image of Christ- God gets glory when we are conformed into the image of Christ- which is to say that we live unto, and minister unto the LORD.

The distinction ‘tween the two couldn’t be greater, one lives in and unto themselves in the world, and tho they oft don’t realize it, they add “Jesus” to their lives in name only much like how one would add salt to a dish. This is primarily due to the fact they love His cross but hate theirs and refuse to bear it, this is obvious because wherever you find them they have their phones, their financial cards, etc... but no cross to bear 🤷🏽‍♂️ They are citizens of this world and as such their prayers are for more time and resources to enjoy it😳

Those whom are being saved, being conformed into the image of Christ, are citizens of His Kingdom, being dead to this world they live and minister unto the LORD. Tho they may also have a phone or a card giving access to financial resources, these are secondary (at best) and their cross and armor are of far greater value to them which is to say they wouldn’t leave home without them. Their prayers are characterized by two things, firstly that the Lord (no matter the cost to themselves) would help them to know Him better (their first love) and secondly that He would spend their lives (no matter the cost to themselves) to be profitable for the cause of Christ, that like a lamp, the light of Gods love in them, would shine bright enough to help others also find Him. This brings glory to God ✝️🙏🏻😇

2021/2/21 10:40Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Jade,

I think Fletcher did a nice job of addressing the issue. When I look at the OT, I see the people of God who had leadership that engaged in hypocrisy as the representatives of God among the nations. David was accused by God of despising Him by his spiritual pride, sexual immorality, and covetousness. As God's king, so much more was expected of David and the temporal consequence God imposed on David was severe. In the. broader context of Israel God was very angry with HIs people for the exact same hypocrisy that David showed as God's kingdom people.

In today's context, we have supposed leaders, well known leaders, speaking for God who have fallen into the same exact hypocrisy. They, however, are just emblematic and very representative of that problem that is pervasive in many churches. Spiritual pride, covetousness and sexual immorality or at least guilty of a tolerance of it in the church. Just as David departed for a season from a sincere devotion and love to His Lord that had been evidenced by doing all that was in God's heart, many today have a similar divided heart mingling devotion to Jesus with devotion to worldly things and ways, a most hated form of idolatry and hypocrisy. The same path was followed by David's son Solomon.

If you look at the 7 letters to the churches in Revelation you will likewise see Christ's warning to repent of these exact same hypocrisies of representing God's name but having divided hearts because of these sinful attitudes and tolerances in the midst of the church. In those letters, Jesus threatened to take His lampstand out of the offending churches, the lampstand representing the light of His manifest presence and the revelation of His Name in their midst ( His Glory)

God's Name is in His temple in the OT and in His gathered people in the New. IF we don't reflect it well because of our habitual and overt hypocrisy, despite repeated warnings, then we are profaning His Name.

At least that is my understanding in a blending of the OT and the NT revelation of God. There is much Scripture to back up all that I've alluded to and more that could be said about Hallowing His Name by obedience to Jesus, walking in the light, and a being a pure reflection of Him and His Glory by holy lives that look like Jesus and faithful hearts proclaiming Jesus without fear of man ( which is tantamount to being ashamed of His name) , but that was covered by Fletcher.

2021/2/21 19:37Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All,
I think it depends on who intiates revival,is it God or is it man?or who intiates repentance?
When Jesus came their hadnt been a move of God for hundreds of years and that revival was intiated by God.
So I would think that God would have to kick start repentance in the Church as we are arent able to do it ourselves.The repentance is of course up to us but its God who starts and fuels the process.
So I would say revival will come "when" rather than "if".
When the Church has come through a season of repentance kickstarted by God.
urs staff

2021/2/21 20:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"No personal goal in mind, no self serving consequence sought.....just we weep for the profaning of His name by His bride where His Glory is comparatively all that is desired and sought."

We should be going after the fulness of God, and being willing to receive all that the Lord has for us.

It is a false humility to say that we are seeking the glory of God, but are indifferent to God's promises and blessings.

God has said that if we seek Him first that all of the things that we need in life would be added to us.

2021/2/22 9:38Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Mike, you pose an interesting question. I always thought that true humility was confessing that God is right, I am wrong, period. He is therefore justified when He judges me. I repent. Full stop. Period.

Such repentance is, I believed, genuine and sincere and well received. I think the point I was communicating is that it seems sometimes we pray repentance with the primary motive of receiving something or restoring something in return. Of course there is no problem with praying for mercy, grace or for God to move in response to our repentance. But, the primary motive cannot be that kind of seeking as a primary motive or it really isn't true repentance. Godly sorrow is what I'm addressing which I always believed is sorrow for offending God and not sorrow for doing something that cost me some benefit from God. I don't see that as false humility but I'm certainly open to being instructed otherwise.

2021/2/22 19:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy