SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Relevant and hard hitting videos regarding the recent election and the modern prophetic movement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Relevant and hard hitting videos regarding the recent election and the modern prophetic movement

I don't do this often. Yet recenty, I have come across two videos by a Jeremiah Johnson. He publically predicted former President Trump would be elected to another term and the morning after the election, Johnson posted a letter of explanation and apology for getting it wrong. He has caught much grief for doing so and continues to do so.

He has offered two videos on the matter - "I was Wrong" part 1 and part 2. They are repentant and hard hitting at the same time as he addresses his own mistakes and out of bounds non scriptural trends he sees in the contemporary prophetic movement. And he deals with motives and the attitude of many hearts today. It's the sanest and most objective comments I have seen so far on the recent election and the prophetic controversy that accompanied it. I already recommended part 1 but want to especially recommend part 2 also. They can be found on youtube - just type in "Jeremiah Johnson I was Wrong." Both are a little over 35 minutes each. You are not obligated to agree with all but I believe there is a lot in them worthy of consideration at this critical juncture in the church's history.

Bless y'all.

2021/2/17 13:41Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Relevant and hard hitting videos regarding the recent election and the modern pro

Brother David,
Admittedly I’m only half way through the 2nd video but several things have given me pause, while other mentionings sound correct but will require further investigation-

I do have a question for you about JJ’s assessment of NT prophets...
without quoting him/his position here as I’m sure you’re familiar, Paul says in Ephesians 2:20 that the church was build on the foundation of apostles and prophets and not that the church has any authority over them to select or appoint a prophet or apostle, that was up to God Himself ... what say you?

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Not submitted in an argumentative spirit but a simple inquiry 🙏🏻

2021/2/17 16:16Profile
staff

Re: Relevant and hard hitting videos regarding the recent election and the modern pro

Hi Docs,
I will look at the second video and see if their is anything new.
However he needed to bring forth fruits in line with repentance and he did not.He needed to stand down from ministry but he would not.The problem with Johnson is that he has lost all his credibility.

My position is exactly as it was before the 20th and the 6th and the 14th,I believe this is not over and Christians who look through the lens of persecution for better or worse will view this differently than those who do not look through that lens.
I believe this is not over for a few reasons
a.It would involve God doing a 180 degree turnaround on what he was doing in the world with Brexit and 2016 elections.This move is totally illogical.
b.I have had dreams personally myself that I am saying are from the Lord including one from earlier this evening.
c It is clear as day to me what happened in the election and what is going on as we speak has an AntiChrist Spirit behind it that God wont allow to have power before its time.

urs staff

2021/2/17 16:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

The question I have is why would we listen to these men, what in us requires us to try and listen to them? Is not God's Word sufficient? Cannot God speak through local believers in the body of Christ, or speak to us personally? Do we need to search out on youtube a famous man who claims to hear all the latest words from God on political scenes?

Let us come back to the Word of God and to seeking discernment from the Holy Spirit. Just watching some of these characters on youtube you can discern right away something is not right.

May God give the saints wisdom.

2021/2/17 16:52Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: God’s “logos” is not always “logic”

Hi Staff,

Momentum shift may seem illogical, but our Lord’s ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

Abraham waiting 25 years to have Isaac did not seem logical since his body was as good as dead and Sarah’s womb was also dead.

Having the Israelites turn back and appear lost did not appear logical at the time, but it did draw out the Egyptian forces.

Joseph ending up Potiphar’s slave and Pharaoh’s prisoner would not have seemed logical at the time.

David being chased around the wilderness by Saul after being anointed king and his early successes. This did not seem logical. Also, less than two weeks from the ransacking of Zicklag, David was king of Judah and Benjamin. Wonderfully true, but not very logical.

If you have received divine insight into the coming days, I do not believe brothers will be disappointed that you stood faithful.

May the Lord do what is in His heart for the church here in the US however logical or illogical it may seem to our understanding.

Mak

2021/2/17 17:05Profile
docs

Re:

JFW,

Thank you for your inquiry and attitude.

/I do have a question for you about JJ’s assessment of NT prophets...
without quoting him/his position here as I’m sure you’re familiar, Paul says in Ephesians 2:20 that the church was build on the foundation of apostles and prophets and not that the church has any authority over them to select or appoint a prophet or apostle, that was up to God Himself ... what say you?/

I would definitely say that the church has no authority to select who is a prophet. Far be it from the church to think it can do that. That is God's sovereign choice.

I do believe though that prophetic ministers should be recognized and come to maturity and fruition within the body of Christ in a local assembly. I don't believe NT prophets have the okay to just wander about on their own in the body of Christ giving words here and there with no judging or accountability to anyone taking place. Far be from the church to do that, but that seems to be what has happened in many cases. If one feels they have a word from God then one should not fear having it judged. This is not common practice in today's church.

I've also been of the somewhat firm belief for a while that just because someone may be able to prophesy etc. that that may not necessarily mean he has the OFFICE of a prophet. They may just be someone who can operate on the gift of prophecy, words of knowledge etc. These are my opinions and may not be everyone's opinion. I realize that.

/Not submitted in an argumentative spirit but a simple inquiry 🙏🏻/

Amen!

2021/2/17 17:05Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Greg,
A few points,
If Paul and Peter were around today they would probably use everything they could to bring the gospel to people including youtube.
Just because people listen to youtube which includes many many SI videos( by the way) doesnt automatically mean they are not listening to local believers in the body of Christ or that they are not listening to God personally.Its not a one or the other situation.Neither does it mean they have left the word of God or are not listening to the Holy Spirit as you are suggesting.
Another point is that we have many ,many more Christians in the world today than we had in the first century so we are going to have mulitiple more giftings and ministries which like SermonIndex and Timesquare Church will find themselves on Youtube.
My guess is that its not the fact that Christians ministries are on youtube that is a bother to you but rather what the type the ministries are,
urs staff

2021/2/17 17:16Profile
havok20x

Re:

Good word, Greg!

2021/2/17 17:26Profile
passerby

Re:

Be careful on who to follow, the nation and churches are divided. There are extreme ideas, remember what happened to soviet union or what was before the union, people seeking relief and haven from oppression on one hand and other sorts of people on the other hand.

The new testament is full of encouragent and warnings on how to live in trying times. Now, I believe sermonindex should not be a forum to wild ideas but to be an instrument of God for guidance and exhortations among believers.

2021/2/17 17:29Profile
docs

Re:

/Hi Docs,
I will look at the second video and see if their is anything new.
However he needed to bring forth fruits in line with repentance and he did not. He needed to stand down from ministry but he would not. The problem with Johnson is that he has lost all his credibility./

Then why are you still following and clinging to the words of prophets who very obviously missed their predictions and have lost credibility and haven't repented and stood down from ministry and continue going about business as usual. It seems you are criticizing others while doing the very thing you are criticizing them for. That is lost credibility.

2021/2/17 17:30Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy