SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Voddie Baucham is also very sick , pray for him as well

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

Re:

Oh pray, Saints, PRAY!!

2021/2/18 16:14Profile
lindi1208

Re:

Praying

2021/2/19 12:57Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Today's - Feb 20 - twitter posting

The Hits Just Keep On Comin’

Between the canceled flights, the storms, the delays, and the switch from Jackson to Jacksonville, @americanair lost our luggage. Not just any luggage; four @saddlebackbags 😩 (one bag was inside another). Three of the bags were gifts from GfBC when we moved to Lusaka. The other was a birthday gift.

So now Bridget is having to pick up clothes and toiletries to tide us over. Meanwhile, I am trying to navigate the @mayoclinic treatment plan for my heart (praise the Lord for a team and a plan!), while attempting to tackle a stack of forms, endless phone calls, and buck-passing from @americanair .

All this while connected to a heart monitor that alerts me (and the nurses) when I get “a tad impatient” with the @americanair luggage representatives. 😜

Ah, the lessons the Lord is teaching me these days...

Gives a whole new meaning to, “Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.” (Matthew 6:31–32 ESV)

2021/2/20 18:41Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 21 twitter update:

We. Have. Luggage...

@americanair found our @saddlebackbags and delivered them. Praise the Lord for a burden lifted!

On the health front, I am still at the @mayoclinic and receiving care from some of the top doctors in the world in the field of heart failure.

My condition is much improved, and we have a clear, aggressive, and promising treatment plan. Bridget and I continue to marvel at the Lord’s providence and rejoice in his goodness. According to the doctor that brought me in (actually, his wife picked us up and rushed us to the E.D., but that's another story for another time), I was in the final stages of a catastrophic event, and within an hour or so of death.

When we look back at the amazing work of the missionary doctor in Lusaka who stabilized me (and saved my life), the GoFundMe, canceled flights, weather delays, my vitals during the Joburg to Doha flight, a last-minute itinerary change to Jacksonville, and the fact that Mayo was expecting and waiting for me upon arrival (including the paramedic who checked me in and said, “I’m trying not to go all fan-girl right now,” 😂 it is impossible to deny the hand of our Sovereign God and the way he shepherded us.

There is much more I could say and a great deal more work to be done, but we are resting and rejoicing in God’s goodness. Even in the ‘little’ things... Like finally getting our bags! Especially when we realize that, if we had waited and taken the same journey our bags did (our original itinerary), we would not have made it to Mayo in time.

2021/2/21 21:43Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 24 Update from twitter:

UPDATE

The last week has been filled with ups and downs. However, everything has been moving forward towards a procedure that could not only repair my heart, but also give it a chance to ‘remodel.’

That procedure is scheduled for tomorrow at 11:00! To quote one of my doctors, “Tomorrow, the home takes the field and goes on offense.”

Please pray for the @mayoclinic team that will do the work. Please pray for my dear wife. She has had to watch me go through one traumatic event after another, including two cardiac events this week that set off alarms and brought the entire staff running into my room to intervene (crash cart and all!).

Tomorrow, I will be asleep (under anesthesia), but Bridget will have to spend several hours waiting for news. Pray that the Lord will make his presence known to her and grant her peace. Pray for our children, both here and back in Lusaka. Pray the Lord uses this to call them to himself and teach them to trust him. Pray the Lord grants healing and restoration. Pray that the Lord brings glory to his name through it all.

2021/2/24 21:24Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 25 update from the gofundme site:

Update on Voddie Baucham. The procedure went well. He is resting. Thank you for praying. Continue to pray for him, Bridget and their family as he recuperates.

2021/2/25 22:44Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 26 from gofundme:

posted by Tom Ascol

Update from Voddie Baucham:

We thank God for a very successful surgical procedure yesterday. Everything went perfectly, and, Lord willing, I should make a full recovery.

They suspect that the heart failure was induced by an arrhythmia (actually two). This is good news because the procedure I underwent is designed to eliminate such arrhythmias, this allowing my heart to recover and remodel. In other words, I am not expected to stay on the heart failure track (which ultimately leads to transplant) but regain full heart health.

Of course, time will tell if they fixed it all, and I will be monitored closely for the next few months. But we are hopeful.

2021/2/26 12:45Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

April 5 posted on Facebook by Tom Ascol

Many have understandably asked what is going on with Voddie Baucham Jr's health. The last few months have been a whirlwind of discovery, trial, & treatment of serious heart problems. God's kindness has been clearly displayed in each step, sometimes dramatically so. Last week he, Bridget, and their children expected him to be released from the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. When he went for what he expected to be a final test, new problems were discovered that require open heart surgery. That surgery is scheduled for today, April 5 at 2:30PM Eastern. He and Bridget are full of faith & hope, although still processing this unanticipated trial & the all change in plans it now necessitates. Pray for him, his surgeon & medical team as our brother walks this path, remembering that our God - the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ whom Voddie has faithfully preached for 3 decades - is the God who raises the dead and nothing is too difficult for Him. As I am able & with appropriate respect for Voddie and Bridget's privacy, I will provide an update after surgery.

2021/4/6 16:49Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

April 6 Tom Ascol posted on facebook:

Quick update on Voddie Baucham Jr. He came through quad bypass surgery well late last night; had a good night; has been awake & responsive. Next 24-36 hours are crucial. Thank you for praying. He has a long road of recovery ahead. Praise God for His mercies on display.

2021/4/6 22:45Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

April 13 Tom Ascol posted:

Update on Voddie Baucham Jr. Voddie has been released from the Mayo Clinic and has reunited with his family. He has a long road of recovery in front of him but is full of faith and determined to do the work to get back to the gospel ministry he loves. Keep praying!

2021/4/13 23:30Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy