SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Voddie Baucham is also very sick , pray for him as well

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Voddie Baucham is also very sick , pray for him as well

Voddie Baucham Ministries
1o3cr mtFebichrSeuafrponirye uast Sotfdrsoa08e:gd52 ·
Prayer for Heart Failure...
Allow me to clear up some confusion. I sent out a newsletter earlier that was subsequently shared on a number is Social Media platforms. Some of them provided links for donation. My newsletter, however, did not. This is not a VBM issue, but a personal one and anyone wanting to help needs to know that. For now, we are 1) soliciting prayers, and 2) trying to get ahead of rumors. Here is the content of the newsletter:
Brethren, if you have ever considered supporting us in prayer, please do so now. We are walking through the darkest valley we have ever faced. Not only have we experienced a great deal of loss in recent weeks, but we are also facing a family health crisis.
At the end of my Winter Preaching Tour, I felt unwell. I thought I had just worked too hard (17 preaching dates in 18 days, 7 sessions the last 3 days, etc.). However, as it turns out, I was experiencing heart failure!
I had first noticed the symptoms at the end of December when Bridget and I returned to Dallas to bury her mother. I experienced fatigue, and shortness of breath, among other things. However, I chalked it up to traveling with heavy bags and restrictive masks (not the trifecta of a hereditary heart defect, last February's mysterious "pneumonia," and untreated sleep apnea).
Six days after bringing Bridget back to Lusaka, I turned around and embarked on what ended up being the busiest tour I've ever done. On the way home, there were stretches when I felt what I could only describe as being waterboarded every two or three minutes. That night, upon arriving in Lusaka, I contacted our family doctor. The next morning I was at a medical center doing a series of labs and tests that revealed the worst. I was experiencing full-blown heart failure.
As I write this update, Bridget and I are making arrangements to fly back to the USA, where I will undergo a series of labs, exams, and treatments. Some of those will be significant. Hence, the call to prayer and plea for help.
1 Please pray that the Lord will grant us traveling mercies.
2 Please pray that he will grant me strength for the journey. Right now, it is challenging just walking from the bedroom to the kitchen table; I don't know how I am going to survive a 36-hour trip.*
3 Please pray for God's providential healing.
4 Please pray for my dear wife as she walks through yet another valley—this time with her 'rock' leaning on her.
5 Please pray for our children. They are terrified. May the Lord use this to teach them to trust in the Father who never gets weak or sick.
6 Please pray for the doctors who will treat me.
7 Please pray for finances to come through as we are currently uninsured and will have to cover everything out-of-pocket.
8 Please pray for our witness as we endure this trial. We often think our faith shines brightest when we are on mountain tops when in fact, it is the dark valley that offers the sharpest relief and clearest contours.
9 Please pray for me as I strive to lead my family while facing the reality of my own dependence.
*Update: On yesterday (Thursday), things took a turn for the worse, and I had to be admitted for treatment to stabilize me for our upcoming trip. By God's grace, things have improved, and we are clear to travel on Saturday.

2021/2/14 20:25Profile
mama27

Re: Voddie Baucham is also very sick , pray for him as well

Praying for him as well. I didn’t remember him being shared on this site. Sorry for the oversight.

2021/2/14 20:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

hi mama27 paul washer and voddie preached at the g3 conference 2017 I think, he may be on those conference videos in the archive, I think that was held in john MacArthur fellowship, hes a reformed baptist as far as I know

2021/2/14 20:59Profile
mama27

Re:

Guess I should have known. They’re all my favorites.....

2021/2/14 21:08Profile
mama27

Re: Voddie Baucham is also very sick , pray for him as well

Does anyone know where to find updates on Voddie’s health? Would someone be willing to post them here so we can continue to pray?

2021/2/16 11:21Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

There have been a couple updates on his twitter account.

On the 14th he posted:

The Journey Continues...

After spending the night in Joburg due to a cancellation, we are back at it today. We go from here to Doha tonight. Bridget and I are overwhelmed by the encouragement and support we continue to receive. But the struggle is real, in more ways than one.

I hate being the guy pushed around in a wheelchair. What I hate even more is the pride that the Lord is revealing. I have always been bigger than most... stronger than most... but now I can’t walk through the airport under my own steam. I was ‘the voice’ of the Genesis3D movie, but now holding conversations can be a challenge.

The Lord is reminding me once again, “But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.” (2 Corinthians 4:7 ESV)

I want my strength back. I want my stamina back. I want my voice back. I want my healthy heart back. But what I want more is to be content when I don’t have those things, knowing that “godliness with contentment is great gain.” (1 Timothy 6:6 ESV)

So when you look at this pic, pray for the guy in the wheelchair... and don’t just pray that he gets up.

And then early yesterday, the 15th:

UPDATE:

As I write this, we are about two hours from landing at DFW (our penultimate stop). The journey has been long, but God has been gracious. Because we have WiFi on the flight we have been in constant contact with our doctor in Lusaka and others in the U.S., all of whom are monitoring my vitals and how I’m tolerating the journey.

We have also been able to watch as our needs have been met in abundance! We praise God for his faithfulness in providing. We are indebted to Tom Ascol and @foundersministries for not only setting up the GoFundMe (link in bio), but for doing the legwork (with the help of medical advisors familiar with my case) to even get an idea of what the financial needs may be.

We are also grateful to our partners at @meigiving who have been a constant help and guide over the past several years of our work in Lusaka, and who have stepped up big time as gifts came in through them as well.

Finally, we want to thank the people of God whose prayers, words of encouragement, financial support, and offers of other forms of help have been nothing less than overwhelming.

This is not over by a long shot. In fact, in many ways we have only just begun. I will say more later about the ‘team’ the Lord has gathered around us to guide us through this process. But for now, know that we are in good hands.

At the end of the Joburg to Doha leg of the journey, I wasn’t doing well. We almost had to change plans. However, that wasn’t the point. The point was, as we were worrying about how we would pay for this, how/when we bring the kids, etc., the Lord reminded us, “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34 ESV)

So for now, we just rejoice in getting through today’s trouble.

2021/2/16 12:10Profile
mama27

Re:

Bless you, Shmily.. Would you be able to keep posting about him here if you have the time?

2021/2/16 12:40Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 16 Update:

Stuck in Dallas last night as our final flight was cancelled. Stayed with family and there was only power from about 2-3AM. Then power came today for two hours.

We have made a pivot in our plans as our flight was canceled again today. There’s a flight from DFW to Jacksonville, FL tonight and, Lord willing, we will be on it. Then we will start our journey with the team at the Mayo Clinic.

Pray the weather holds up. Pray our strength holds up. Pray my dear wife holds up! Pray our faith holds up. Pray we don’t waste these trials, but learn from them.

2021/2/16 18:35Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 17 from the gofundme site

Update on Voddie:

As he mentioned yesterday, his plans changed & he & Bridge flew directly to the Mayo Clinic in FL last night. He is there now. Please continue to pray for him, Bridget, the doctors & others attending him.

2021/2/17 12:14Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Feb 18 from his twitter:

Health Update:

The Lord saw fit to open a door at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. But before I could get to my appointment, things took a turn for the worse. I ended up in the ER, and was subsequently admitted.

Someday, I’ll tell the whole story of how the Lord shepherded us here, but for now, I’ll just say we are grateful to be where we are.

Up to this point we have been playing defense (i.e. don’t die!). Now we go on offense (find the problem and fix it).

Thank you for praying and for your words of encouragement. This journey is a long way from over, but we are grateful for every step.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,” (Ephesians 1:3 ESV)

2021/2/18 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy