SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : John Wycliffe and John Huss

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

John Wycliffe and John Huss

I have been studying their history a bit lately and have watched a couple of documentaries on their lives produced by Christians. Man, do we owe a lot to these men (and others of course) who helped pave the way for the Reformation and the common man being able to have the scriptures. Huss' stand eventually required him to give it all. But we shall one day sit down with them in the kingdom of God. We owe them a lot. A very lot. It didn't just begin with Luther.

2021/2/11 18:05Profile
TorontoDan

Re: John Wycliffe and John Huss

Need to be careful that we glorify God and not the vessels he used. The vessel has no life in it other than the life God has given it.

Do you not know that God works His salvation in us? It is God who calls us, it is God who both wills and works in us, so that no man can lay claim to having done anything of himself. Some men have been bestowed of greater grace, yes this is true, but the source and worker of that grace is God alone. Each man or woman surrendered unto God will bear the fruit appointed by God onto them even before time began.

2021/2/11 19:48Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

Brothagary....i will continue to keep you and your father in all my prayers brother. As well as Bill and William and Mike. But, I'm not sure what benefit a site like this can have unless we really pray for the brother and sisters here. And because I don't want to argue with other believers, I'm going to step out. Much love to you brother in the short time I knew you. Take care.

2021/2/11 20:06Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

The lives of these precious brothers are both inspiring, and edifying. Our walk with the Lord is enriched by knowing of them.

Thanks for posting

Rusty

Edit. If I remember right Wycliffe's bones were dug up and burned, and his ashes thrown in the river Thames which of course led to the ocean eventually. Foreshadowing Wycliffe Translators spreading over the earth

2021/2/11 20:48Profile
brothagary

Re:

thanks, brother dan iv been praying for God to pour his spirit out in here since 2011 , my heart is burdened and I weep and weep for God to touch us all with spirit, when I went through pain from my trials I may have a stoped for short time, but i know God is bringing a new baptism in fire and spirit to cleanses his bride, I learned to step back when I find my self debating and because regardless of who I come in contact with I'm to bless everyone, I refuse to greive his spirit ,i know in my heart I want what Jesus wants he wants the best for us all and wants all to come to deep repentance. But some will never repent and seek for holiness. They will continue feeding their flesh and the occasional rebuke and reprove is also commanded by god. And i will obey God rather than men because I have to answer to him when I disobey his spirit, who prayers for us and speaks for us it doesn't matter if I get rejected, the fear of God compels me to obey the voice of the dove. Thank you brother for your kind words they bless me and encourage me. The fire and the spirit is coming to you, and this makes me happy it is coming to many others as well and this makes me happy, you are blessed in the mighty and all-powerful and holy name Jesus oh the blessed name of Jesus ....

2021/2/11 20:53Profile
docs

Re:

Yes, Wycliffe's bones were dug up about forty years after his death and burned and thrown in the Thames River. Maybe they figured he was more dead after that.

And Huss refused to recant and was taken to the stake.

Very sobering examples of not turning back.

Thanks.

2021/2/11 21:01Profile
docs

Re:

Blessings to you good bro, but glorifying the vessel and not God didn't once enter my mind.

Thanks.

2021/2/11 21:05Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

So many faithful before us! These verses came to my mind as I read what you wrote of our brethren earlier today. Their faith should certainly encourage us all to move forward in our relationships with Christ for sure!

“Therefore, since we also have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let’s rid ourselves of every obstacle and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let’s run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking only at Jesus, the originator and perfecter of the faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

Thank you for sharing this reminder of brethren who gave their all for our Lord, by the Spirit’s empowering.

2021/2/11 23:11Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Thank you Dan. I am grateful for your prayers. I will be in prayer for us all as well. We all need each other to send up petitions for our brethren far and wide.

To think, Christ, our great High Priest prays/intercedes for us as well... Is a humbling thought brother. Hebrews 7:25

2021/2/11 23:46Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy