SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Tree Of Life or Knowledge of Good and Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Quote:
He is the one shutting the door ………

Rev. 21:25 –
Its gates SHALL NOT BE SHUT at all by day (there shall be no night there).

?

2021/2/14 7:52Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Isa. 66:23 –
And it shall be from new moon to new moon
And from sabbath to sabbath,
All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

Ps. 86:9 –
All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And they shall glorify Your name.

If no unholy person can come before God, surely these scripture point to the salvation and sanctification of ALL men?

As is also indicated by following scripture:

1 Cor. 15:22-28 –
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive……so that God may be all in all.

If God is all in all, surely all are holy as God is holy?

2021/2/14 8:25Profile
Platy

Re:

Hi Jade,

There is a teaching called universalism that says everyone (and maybe everything) will end up being restored and reconciled to God. Nothing of God's work will end up being lost and that it will end up turning out for the good in the end. What also goes with that is God also will not condemn anyone to hell. Reading your posts it seems your viewpoints are similar to this.

Its a lovely teaching. If I could rewrite the bible that really is the teaching I would want. Who wants to see anything lost?

2021/2/14 10:06Profile
Platy

Re:

God's holiness is far beyond anything else. No one will ever come to close to it not in this life either in eternity. The same holiness of God demands God's justice which then demands God's wrath but in God's love he has provided a way out through Jesus Christ.

All who are in Christ will be saved but they have to be in him. Not all are in Christ though.

2021/2/14 10:19Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Jade, you have overlooked the divine decree that is not to be sealed up and is unalterable. We must not take away from these words:

And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.

By God's own decree - those who do wrong will still do wrong and those who are filthy will still be filthy.

Only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life will enter the city.

Jesus IS the door - only those IN Him will be allowed to enter. He gives eternal life to all who obey Him.

mak

2021/2/14 10:57Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Platy,

Acts 17:11 –
Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

I have dared to question, dared to challenge, and, dared to search the scriptures to see whether commonly taught things are true.

I have no interest in “universalism”, whatever it is.

I stand on God’s word alone.

And I have found sufficient scriptural backing to believe that all men will be saved and I have peace in my heart in believing this.

God saves not because of what we are but because of WHO HE IS.

Ps. 106:7-8 –
Our fathers in Egypt did not understand Your wonders;
They did not remember Your abundant kindnesses,
But rebelled by the sea, at the Red Sea.
Nevertheless He saved them FOR THE SAKE OF HIS NAME,
THAT HE MIGHT MAKE HIS POWER KNOWN.

Yesterday, today, and forever, Jesus is the Saviour of the world .

Heb. 13: –
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

1 Jn. 4:14 –
We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 Jn. 2:2 –
and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

The Lord Jesus has already paid the full price for the salvation of ALL. Will anyone rob Him of the full reward of His suffering and sacrifice?

Quote:
If I could rewrite the bible………

Please don’t! You can never reach the heights of God’s goodness and love.
Just read the bible NOT with man’s heart of stone BUT with God’s heart of LOVE.

Isn’t it comforting to know that the gates of God’s Holy City will never be shut? And, right at the end of Revelation, the Spirit and the bride still say, “Come.” And whoever who is thirsty and who wishes to can still take the water of life without cost.

Definitely. Nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination can come into God’s Holy City.

God is a most holy God.

Ps. 5:4-7, 12 –
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
…………………
For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD,
You surround him with favor as with a shield.

Eternity will surely open with billions of people outside the gate.

Is it too hard for God to bring all men to repentance and make them holy? Can God’s mighty Name fail?

LUKE 15

Our Good Shepherd will not rest till the last lost sheep is brought home.

The Father waits patiently for His prodigal sons to return.

Certainly. Every sinner must come to his senses and repent.

Certainly. No one is permitted to enter the Father’s house in filthy rags.

The Father re-robes His lost and found sons in garments of righteousness and praise!

May we be there with the Father to celebrate and rejoice and not be angry like the elder son (Luke 15:28-30).

I guess………

The eternal tormentists will still be eternal tormentists.

Those who believe all men will be saved will still believe all men will be saved.

In eternity we will know the truth.

Blessings.

2021/2/15 7:05Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Platy,

Quote:
All who are in Christ will be saved but they have to be in him.

What does “in Christ” mean to you?

2021/2/15 7:09Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

It appears that Jade does not hold “eternal tormentists” in very high esteem.

That list would include Jesus, John, and Paul as the primary sources of the movement.

After all it is their words that began the trend.

Just sayin

Mak

2021/2/15 10:49Profile
Platy

Re:

Hi Jade,

What does "in Christ" mean? That is probably too deep of a question for me to properly answer. Simple answer justification by faith with the evidence of progressive sanctification.

Anyway I would recommend a book by R.C. Sproul called "The Holiness of God". Its a easy read and deep. Sproul makes the case using scripture that the holiness of God is above the love of God. If the holiness of God is higher than the love of God then one's viewpoint/theology of God has to change if the love of God was credited as being his primary attribute.

Also I found this for you (audio lectures by R.C. Sproul):
https://www.ligonier.org/learn/series/holiness_of_god/

I would recommend R.C. Sproul in general. A very good bible teacher/theologian.

Also I would agree with makrothumia which is why I had previously stated I would have to rewrite the bible to accommodate the belief that all will be saved. One would have to wipe out all the passages talking about hell.

2021/3/5 19:37Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Platy,

You cannot wipe out MANY passages like these from the Bible:

The Love of Christ surpasses knowledge (Eph. 3:19).

Lam. 3:22 (Amp)–
It is because of the LORD’S lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed,
Because His [tender] compassions never fail.

Lam. 3:31 –
For the Lord will not cast off forever.

Isa. 26:9 –
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

1 Cor. 15:22-28 –
For as in Adam all die, so also IN CHRIST ALL WILL BE MADE ALIVE………When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL.

This is the Good News:

The Lord Jesus came to save ALL mankind out of the wickedness of sin into the holiness of God.

The Lord Jesus came to save ALL mankind out of the kingdom of darkness and death into the Light and Life and Peace and Joy and Righteousness in the Holy Spirit in the Kingdom of God.

The Lord Jesus came to save ALL mankind out of the wrath of God into the Love and Kindness and Goodness of God.

If you disagree, then again, I say: In eternity we will know the truth.

Regarding R. C. Sproul, I have heard a few of his sermons and they were good to me. I am definitely interested in knowing what he said in the book you recommended. I have other commitments at the moment and will browse through his book when free.

Blessings

2021/3/6 7:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy