SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Tree Of Life or Knowledge of Good and Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Platy

Re:

BranchinVine how would you deal with error?

2021/2/11 7:16Profile
Platy

Re:

Luke 2 - 46And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. 47And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

2021/2/11 7:23Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Platy,

Quote:
BranchinVine how would you deal with error?

Send out God’s Light and God’s Truth.

Ps. 43:3 –
O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places.

THE LORD JESUS HIMSELF IS THE TRUTH.

John 14:6 –
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

Darkness is obliterated by light shining into it.

THE LORD JESUS HIMSELF IS THE LIGHT.

John 12:46 –
I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

John 8:12 –
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 1:4 –
In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

BE THE LIGHT BY BEING CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF CHRIST

2 Cor. 4:6 –
For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Matt. 5:14-16 –
You are the light of the world.
A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Comment:
Messages of condemnation do not light up any darkness, do not make anyone righteous, cannot save.
Jesus alone and Himself is our wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.

Quote:

You are not sent to preach death and sin and judgment, but life and holiness and salvation --- not to be a witness against the people, but to be a witness for God to preach the good news --- Jesus Himself.
--- Hudson Taylor (1832 – 1905), Founder of the China Inland Mission

2021/2/12 10:32Profile
Platy

Re:

I once had a conversation with a pastor who was fully into social justice. I told him why go about fighting all these different things. These are all bad fruits of a unregenerate heart preach the gospel and take care of it at the root level and not at the fruit level because once you deal with it at the root level not only do you deal one thing but you deal with a host of other things. In other words it's like killing multiple birds with one stone. The conversation then was ended. What more can you say to that?

So in that sense there is agreement with your post. However what do you do with Jonah and other such prophets. What do you consider a message of condemnation?

Did not Jesus say:

Matthew 5 - 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

They aren't going to persecute you for saying nice things.

2021/2/12 10:57Profile
deogloria

Re:

Good topic, thank you for the contributions. Just like to add a few more thoughts.

"Messages of condemnation do not light up any darkness, do not make anyone righteous, cannot save.
Jesus alone and Himself is our wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption."
I agree - but God talks about both - life AND death, from the very beginning.

Genesis 2v16 And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden, 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.”

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, so that you and your descendants may live, 20and that you may love the LORD your God, obey Him, and hold fast to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land that the LORD swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob.”…

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2021/2/12 22:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Platy,

Quote:
However what do you do with Jonah and other such prophets.

The true message of the prophets was unveiled by the Lord Jesus. They spoke concerning Him and our salvation in Him (Luke 24:44-47. Also, 1 Pet. 1:10-12). The Lord Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to save the world (John 3:17).

Quote:
Did not Jesus say:

Matthew 5 - 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

They aren't going to persecute you for saying nice things.

It is not about being persecuted for not saying nice things.

“The Lordship of Christ is the one focal point of all Satanic challenge and opposition” – T. Austin-Sparks.

Blessings

2021/2/13 2:23Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Markus,

Quote:
"Messages of condemnation do not light up any darkness, do not make anyone righteous, cannot save.
Jesus alone and Himself is our wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption."
I agree - but God talks about both - life AND death, from the very beginning.

The choice has already been made by Adam. All men through Adam are already in the place of death and darkness and there is no way for any man to break free from that.

Rom. 3:16-18 –
Destruction and misery are in their ways;
And the way of peace they have not known.

We are not called to command men to make bricks without straw and mercilessly beat them because they are just not able to do so.

Isa 64:6 –
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our RIGHTEOUS deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our wrongdoings, like the wind, take us away.

Isa. 59:9-11
We look for light, but there is darkness!
For brightness, but we walk in blackness!
We grope for the wall like the blind,
And we grope as if we had no eyes;
We stumble at noonday as at twilight;
We are as dead men in desolate places.
We all growl like bears,
And moan sadly like doves;
We look for justice, but there is none;
For salvation, but it is far from us.

Into this darkness and wretchedness and hopelessness, we bring God’s message of comfort and hope.

Isa. 40:1-11 --
“Comfort, O comfort My people,” says your God.
“Speak kindly to Jerusalem;
And call out to her, that her warfare has ended,
That her iniquity has been removed,
That she has received of the LORD’S hand
Double for all her sins.”
A voice is calling,
“Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness;
Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God.
“Let every valley be lifted up,
And every mountain and hill be made low;
And let the rough ground become a plain,
And the rugged terrain a broad valley;
Then the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
And all flesh will see it together;
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.”
A voice says, “Call out.”
Then he answered, “What shall I call out?”
All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
When the breath of the LORD blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.
Get yourself up on a high mountain,
O Zion, bearer of good news,
Lift up your voice mightily,
O Jerusalem, bearer of good news;
Lift it up, do not fear.
Say to the cities of Judah,
“Here is your God!”
Behold, the Lord GOD will come with might,
With His arm ruling for Him.
Behold, His reward is with Him
And His recompense before Him.
Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes.

Like John the Baptist, we are called to:

Luke 1:77-79 –
To give to His people the knowledge of salvation
By the forgiveness of their sins,
Because of the tender mercy of our God,
With which the Sunrise from on high will visit us,
TO SHINE UPON THOSE WHO SIT IN DARKNESS AND THE SHADOW OF DEATH,
To guide our feet into the way of peace."

Genesis 2v16 – This was spoken to Adam. He made the wrong choice and brought all mankind into the death.

Deuteronomy 30:19 – This was said to people under the law. They failed and remained in death.

Romans 6:23 – This is the good news to us!! In Adam all die but in Christ all are made alive. And eternal life is no longer based on works of the law but is a gift of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. We are now saved by a New Covenant. We need only to believe and receive.

We preach the GOOD NEWS of our Saviour who gives life to the dead and saves us from our sin. Jesus SAVES! Hallelujah!

Ps. 145:9 –
The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.

Isa. 55:1 –
Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters;
And you who have no money come, buy and eat.
Come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without cost.

Rev. 22:17 –
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

John 3:17 –
For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Blessings

2021/2/13 2:38Profile
Platy

Re:

Hi Jade,

All good points. I think we are on the same page mostly but there are still some holes. You mentioned John the Baptist. Why was he imprisoned and beheaded?

2021/2/13 7:23Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Platy,

Sure, it is written that John was beheaded because Herodias hated him because John had been saying to Herod, “It is not lawful for you to have your brother’s wife” (Mark 6:17-28).

It is also written:

Eph. 6:12 –
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2021/2/13 8:41Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: The Spirit also says

The same messenger, to the same apostle, for the same people,

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

We must not take away that it is Jesus Christ who will forbid anyone unclean from defiling the holiness of heaven. He is the one shutting the door so that nothing unclean will ever be able to defile the dwelling of God again.

The same spirit and the same messenger to the same apostle for the same people.

mak

2021/2/13 17:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy