SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We don't accept food that is unhygienic , why should we accept bad sermons

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

We don't accept food that is unhygienic , why should we accept bad sermons

I am as a chef and if someone gave me a dish which was either raw or on those lines
The restaurant can get shut down and many have seen programs where gordan Ramsey goes into kitchens with rats or slime or unhygienic restaurants

I have been into restaurants that have had rats in the kitchen yet people would eat there

Why do people go to church and are not as worried about there spiritual health of what they eat

Where are the gordan Ramsey's of the church world and would shut a church down if it denys fundamental doctrines like the trinity or the deity of Jesus Christ

If a church has a prophet and has provided many false prophecies , why hasnt anything been done

If a church teaches a different gospel where are the person who would comment on the YouTube chat or talk to the pastor

As you are not standing before your pastor on judgement day you are standing before Jesus

Jesus is not going to care that you say under a false teacher , all he is going to worry about is in the scriptures

Matt 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The greek is anomos ἄνεμος

Matt 7
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

James 3:1
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness

Why do we not accept bad food but do accept bad sermons

2021/2/8 14:08Profile
brothagary

Re: We don't accept food that is unhygienic , why should we accept bad sermons

People eat what they know, not knowing about the better food in some cases, in other cases, it reflects the state of their hearts, those who live in sin and walk in the flesh can only just handle a little milk, they like their flesh to be empowered most of the time through false teaching because it gives goosebumps and strengthens the flesh which they haven't learned how to crucify , because they have not had the revelation of the new covenant, because many live in bondage under the law of the old covenant like a jew.. because they read to much old testament.. the power to set free comes from the new covenant.

2021/2/8 14:49Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

For many it is what they have always heard. Even when they were little.

It's like the grandmother who cooked with a giant baking pan. Her daughters and grand daughters used the same pan. Which was two times bigger then they needed, and was very very unconventional. Asked why, they simply said it is what grandma used.

Tradition

2021/2/8 15:07Profile
docs

Re:

Not a true Christian I know not have ever known would sit under these type of sermons for very long. Are you sure you aren't broad brushing a little too far?

2021/2/8 15:17Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

James 3:1
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness

No there are many people who sit under false teachers else people like Joel Osteen and Steven Furtick would not be as popular if people actually cared they would leave the church and there are so many other false teachers people sit down under look at the megachurches

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Acts 17:11
These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Do we compare what preachers say to the bible ?

2021/2/8 15:20Profile
brothagary

Re:

what do you mean not a true Christian

2021/2/8 15:29Profile
docs

Re:

I meant I do not know a true Christian nor have I ever known a true Christian who would sit for very long under these type of sermons.

2021/2/8 15:57Profile
brothagary

Re:

yea amen brother ! my sheep hear my voice and i know them and they follow me ,,voice of a hireling they will not hear

2021/2/8 16:09Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

We grow in Christ as spiritual infants upon conversion. None are mature on day one, but mere babes in Christ.

As one grows through the milk of the Word. By the indwelling and teaching of the Holy Spirit! They will leave ministries that have no true spiritual food, unless God keeps them their to be light to others and share Jesus to others within the congregation.

God's ways are truly above us, and with that thought I bow my head and leave this discussion.

2021/2/8 16:11Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

There are so many people who sit in church under bad teaching and preaching and don't even know

In fact there are mega churches full of people who are under bad teaching

They wouldn't even know what good teaching was even it knocked them out like a double decker bus runs you over in London

They do not know how the word can be exegetically properly

As good teaching helps you remember scripture say if someone is going through say the book of cornthians you would know what is in chapter 1

Good preaching brings you to your knees and to the presence of God

Not all good preaching is exegetical as there can be good topical preaching and other types

But good preaching needs the gospel as if someone walks out of church and dies and does not know that Jesus died for there sins and what Jesus has done for them

2021/2/8 17:13Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy