SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many people have read the bible the whole way through & how many times

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Luke 4:4
But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.’

3. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Hebrews 5:13
For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.

12. 1 Peter 3:15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

How can you even know the Lord without knowing the bible ?

Matt 7
Build on the Rock(AB)

24 “Therefore (AC)whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that (AD)the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 (AE)for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Have you built your house on the sand rather than one the rock

Matthew 13
New King James Version
The Parable of the Sower(A)

13 On the same day Jesus went out of the house (B)and sat by the sea. 2 (C)And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that (D)He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: (E)“Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some (F)a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 (G)He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”
The Purpose of Parables(H)

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because (I)it has been given to you to know the [a]mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 (J)For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

(K)‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not (L)perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears (M)are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have (N)closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I [b]should (O)heal them.’

16 But (P)blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you (Q)that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
The Parable of the Sower Explained(R)

18 (S)“Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word (T)of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately (U)receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when (V)tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately (W)he stumbles. 22 Now (X)he who received seed (Y)among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears (Z)fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Which seed are you ?

Psalm 119:11
Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.

If you are a christian you must have a love of the bible else you will get blown around by every wind of doctrine

Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

Ephesians 4:14
New King James Version

14 that we should no longer be (A)children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of (B)deceitful plotting,

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

The bible commands us to read it

I was asking because it is important to read and know the bible from back to front

2021/2/8 16:12Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen fully agree never ever would say that it's not important to know whole the bible, i think you may miss understood what I meant , ill be clearer next time sorry brother !

2021/2/8 16:18Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

God bless 😃

Grace and truth
John 1:17
New King James Version
17 For (A)the law was given through Moses, but (B)grace and (C)truth came through Jesus Chris

The reason that I am asking is that people can be deceived so easily if they do not know there bible

Some pastors use the greek and Hebrew languages to decieve you as well

This is why I was asking it was to encourage those that haven't read the bible the whole way and to encourage those that have to go deeper into the original languages

I would love to do a poll is it maybe 10 percent of people on sermon index have read the whole bible the whole way through

There are certain things that you understand if you have read the bible the whole way through

I am not criticising you if you haven't

I would like to know what version you have used and how far have you got ? If you haven't got all the way through ?
If you have I want to know what version you read all the way through ?

2021/2/8 16:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree Gary- There is no actual command to read the whole Bible. I read it because I got into the habit and it’s a habit I happen to like. Certainly no one has to read the Bible through every year just for the sake of doing it. I know lots of great Christians who don’t read through the Bible in a year. Of course they do read their Bible.

2021/2/8 16:38Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I've lost track. Cover to cover? At least 5 times, but I read it every day in the morning and before I go to bed (I shoot for an hour a day).

I agree with Todd, I try to not read just for the sake of reading; I really try to pray through the Bible and let God speak to me (although I do find that my mind wanders sometimes).

2021/2/8 16:44Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

What version ?
People dont have an excuse if they are in a lockdown
It depends how hungry they are for god's word
People can read the bible really quickly if they love Jesus

2021/2/8 17:04Profile
brothagary

Re: tmk

Sorry, brother I didn't mean that I just meant the idea of systematically reading it from the beginning to the end like we do a normal book that iv never done, I might spend 3 days re-reading the first 3 chapters of genesis until I feel I got something from there that I didn't understand, going back over while at the same time I might be reading a letter of paul in a similar way simultaneously. And then i might read a whole letter of the new testament like Ephesians about say three or four times in a row, then other times a verse will pop up in my mind ill go to that verse and read the preceding and following around it a few times, then another verse will pop in my mind in another letter that is related then I go there and do I similar thing, I just blow with the wind so to speak, I'm also a big believer in prophecy rather than a prepared sermon, most of the time, don't want to quench the spirit, because he seems to no know what he's doing a verse comes to mind now. Mark 13:11
But when they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand what to say. Instead, speak whatever you are given at that time, for it will not be you speaking, but the Holy Spirit, the holy spirit himself leads me into all truth and what he wants me to do and say and read, that might be because of the gift of prophecy, I think if someone never received that gift for whatever reason then this would bestrange to think like this, also if one misunderstands what the gift of prophecy is ,its seems that dont receive the full benefits of that gift, some people believe the gift of prophecy is just for teaching , but for me it contains much more , it's literally the voice of the holy spirit for direct guidance in all things pertaining to ministry and godliness. and can be completely relied upon, being the greatest gift of all and works in a complimentry way with other gifts and even enhances the gifts we receive, according to your faith let it be done unto you when understanding what it is and then desire it as paul said we receive only by faith and then it grows and matures because it is literally part of the person of the holy spirit of God which precedes from the father, it is god himself in us, Christ in us, its part of the christ being formed in us, and us growing and maturing in Christ, so it is so important to me. Because it is no longer i who live but Christ who lives in me, and I want him to be fully formed in my soul seeing that we are already one spirit together, prophecy is how he receive the mind of christ.

2021/2/8 17:18Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I read the good old King James Version. I do reference other versions sometimes and use a Hebrew/ Greek concordance for better understanding. Leonard Ravenhill said "I still think the King James Version is nearest to the best".

2021/2/8 17:46Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

I can tell you, there are no two ways the same that God uses, to form Christ in us. Each believers is taken down a separate path, faces different trials, has God use different instruments (bible, teachings, etc.). So how many times someone reads the bible is of little relevance, unless you understand what you read but more importantly, do you believe what you read? The word works effectively in those who believe. 1 Thessalonians 1:3

2021/2/8 18:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Well-done drifter
What does the word Christ mean ?
Where does the word Christian even come from ?
The Muslims have a Qur'an , the Hindus have the bhavari Gita and other writings , Jesus is mentioned in many other books but he is not the Jesus we worship
It is not of little relevance it is of prime importance
How are you suopose to know the Jesus of the bible as Jesus is in the Qur'an but he is a prophet who didn't die on the cross and who turned wood pigeons into real pigeons.
If you do not read the scriptures , you do not know where he is born , you do not know why he died for our sin
You do not know about the men of faith in history
You do not know about Passover and that Jesus is the Passover lamb or the many prophecies regarding his first coming or the history of Israel and the church
And the many prophecies regarding his second coming

You do not know the pain that job and David and others went through
How can you not love Jesus and not love his word as that what he says
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. note

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

I know Muslims that know the bible than most Christians they do not know Jesus and are not saved

God has given us a book , Chinese Christians long for a Bible , many the blood of martyrs have been shed so we can read the bible from people like William Tyndale, John wycliff
There are people in the world who long for one page of the bible and have waited for years for it to be translated into there language
People are dying now in concentration camps in North korea because they have read the bible
Why is it we have gold dust in the word of God yet it lays unread gathering dust and apps are unused

There are so many Christians who haven't got the bible in there language who would long to read the bible from cover to cover

The answer is do you love Jesus enough to read his word

2021/2/8 18:30Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy